No announcement yet.

Union College: 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worse season we have had since going D-I was 2019-2020. We only won eight games that year. The good news is that we have already won ten this year, so that record will not be broken. The other record we have to watch out for is the number of league victories. In 2019-2020 we had five (5-15-2), and thus far this year only four. We will need two more league victories to avoid the ignominious distinction of the worse league record in D-I history.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Was RPI missing their goalie? I wish both teams were more competitive this year.
      Goaltending wasn't the problem for RPI on Saturday. 3 of the goals came from RPI essentially leaving Union players alone in front of the net. Two goals came on a five minute major penalty. Murphy made some good saves when RPI threatened, but RPI struggled to deal with the physicality of Union.

Comment

Just trust the process here with this group...getting scholarships will be a game changer and fingers crossed a new facility...Coach Hauge has always been successful no matter where he goes. Alaska, Tri-city, Fargo, Clarkson...time will only tell but keep these guys on the look out for ECAC top 4 in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDad2023 View Post
          Just trust the process here with this group...getting scholarships will be a game changer and fingers crossed a new facility...Coach Hauge has always been successful no matter where he goes. Alaska, Tri-city, Fargo, Clarkson...time will only tell but keep these guys on the look out for ECAC top 4 in a few years.
          Hope so !!!
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

It appears that the Union College athletic teams will no longer be known as the "Dutchmen" and "Dutchwomen." They are seeking a new name. I wonder how much that will cost to change logos, websites, apparel, locker rooms, etc.

In the early 1600s, the Dutch settled in what is now New York City and called it "New Amsterdam." They then established settlements along the Hudson River, including Schenectady. The Van Rensselaers were of Dutch origin. The family initially migrated from the Netherlands to a large area along the Hudson River in the present-day Albany, New York area. The Van Rensselaers estate was of roughly a million acres. The Van Rensselaer family was one of the wealthiest in early America. Schenectady was founded on the south side of the Mohawk River by Dutch colonists in the 17th century, many of whom came from the Albany area. Many Dutch, especially those in Pennsylvania, fought with George Washington. "Dutchmen" was the perfect name. Apparently, it's been around since at least 1933.

Our current president's woke credentials were impeccable. Early on, he painted his fingernails pink to show solidarity with a gay student who was made fun of because he went into a working-class bar in Schenectady, shoveling his gayness in everyone's face. The reaction from the alumni was as expected. With declining enrollments and threats to small college survival, his focus was not strategic. Many alumni stopped giving. But that only slowed down the progression.

I knew it would not be long before he struck again. Having "Men" and "Women" in your name in this world of transgenerisim is a sin. Some transgendered players may get their feeling hurt. I wonder if we will have a third locker room for non-binary genders.

DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

It appears that the Union College athletic teams will no longer be known as the "Dutchmen" and "Dutchwomen." They are seeking a new name. I wonder how much that will cost to change logos, websites, apparel, locker rooms, etc.

In the early 1600s, the Dutch settled in what is now New York City and called it "New Amsterdam." They then established settlements along the Hudson River, including Schenectady. The Van Rensselaers were of Dutch origin. The family initially migrated from the Netherlands to a large area along the Hudson River in the present-day Albany, New York area. The Van Rensselaers estate was of roughly a million acres. The Van Rensselaer family was one of the wealthiest in early America. Schenectady was founded on the south side of the Mohawk River by Dutch colonists in the 17th century, many of whom came from the Albany area. Many Dutch, especially those in Pennsylvania, fought with George Washington. "Dutchmen" was the perfect name. Apparently, it's been around since at least 1933.

Our current president's woke credentials were impeccable. Early on, he painted his fingernails pink to show solidarity with a gay student who was made fun of because he went into a working-class bar in Schenectady, shoveling his gayness in everyone's face. The reaction from the alumni was as expected. With declining enrollments and threats to small college survival, his focus was not strategic. Many alumni stopped giving. But that only slowed down the progression.

I knew it would not be long before he struck again. Having "Men" and "Women" in your name in this world of transgenerisim is a sin. Some transgendered players may get their feeling hurt. I wonder if we will have a third locker room for non-binary genders.
              LOL. “Many” Union alumni stopped giving because the president showed support for a gay student who was discriminated against? Aside from the fact your claim sounds completely made up, if alumni did stop donating it would say far more about the alumni than about anything else.

Comment

"Shovelling his gayness in everyone's face?" When I was in school I went on a trip with a girlfriend and we wandered into what turned out to be a gay bar. Despite the fact that our heterosexuality was clear they treated us very well and we had a good time. Someone apparently forgot to tell them we were supposed to be harassed for being different.

Comment

"Cornell scored four goals in a 54-second span of the first period to take a 6-0 lead and rolled from there. Three goals were during a five-minute major power play, and the fourth came right after the penalty expired. The Big Red scored another goal earlier in that significant power play, plus another power-play goal in the game's opening minutes after a separate minor penalty."

How do you say "beat down," "thrashing," whipping," "butt-kicking," "trouncing," "drubbing," and "embarrassment." Union got off a total of 5 shots in the first two periods. Seger, ex-Union, had 3 points on the night.

DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Lynah Rink View Post
                    LOL. “Many” Union alumni stopped giving because the president showed support for a gay student who was discriminated against? Aside from the fact your claim sounds completely made up, if alumni did stop donating it would say far more about the alumni than about anything else.
                    I donated this past year for the first time since I graduated in 2001. But it had nothing to do with any action of the president but rather they elected to use a recent large gift to restore the civil engineering program and include environmental engineering this time. It's a move that has certainly reinvigorated in the school. I was a senior civil engineering student when the board decided to eliminate the program in favor of a "Converging Technology" platform, whatever that meant. They announced the move over Spring Break and it was to be phased out over the next 3 years so existing freshmen could stay at the school. There are at least two civil engineering professors still at the school. And I know of two former professors who have expressed interest in returning to the school with the new department.
                    National Champions 2014!
                    Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                    Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                    Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post

I donated this past year for the first time since I graduated in 2001. But it had nothing to do with any action of the president rather, they elected to use a recent large gift to restore the civil engineering program and include environmental engineering this time. It's a move that has undoubtedly reinvigorated the school. I was a senior civil engineering student when the board decided to eliminate the program in favor of a "Converging Technology" platform, whatever that meant. They announced the move over Spring Break, and it was to be phased out over the next 3 years so existing freshmen could stay at the school. There are at least two civil engineering professors still at the school. And I know of two former professors who have expressed interest in returning to the school with the new department.
                      Big win for the school. Several of my fraternity brothers were civil engineers and were brokenhearted when the school dropped the program. Really glad it has returned. The trustees of my old fraternity, no longer on campus, just donated a significant amount to refurnishing the Dutchmen's and Dutchwomen's locker rooms.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Four games to go. Mathematically we can end up anywhere from 4th to last. If we win the next four, including wins over Qpack and Harvard, and St Lawrence and Colgate only win one and Clarkson only wins 2, we end up a top 4 team. How likely is that? Impossible.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Dutchman, this is the second time you’ve made that “shoveling his gayness” comment here, so I’ll just say again that your homophobic dinosaur commentary is a disgrace and embarrassment to the college. I’m no fan of Harris and think the name change is silly, but the college’s main problem has long been alumni like you, more loyal to your frats and the “way it used to be” that to the college itself, or its students.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynah Rink View Post
                            Happily I can report that Dutchman’s claim is nonsense - in fact his whining about about it online is the online alumni objection I’ve ever heard or seen.

Comment

Bright is a great place to see a hockey game. Despite the loss, we played well, especially during the first period. Some excellent passing, we pretty much skated with them throughout. After the first period, Harvard stepped it up a gear. With 13 draft pics, Harvard has great talent. Unless things change, we are going to be on the road for the first round. However, we have still contributed a lot to the league this year including some of the leading scorers for Qpac and Cornell.
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Bright is a great place to see a hockey game. Despite the loss, we played well, especially during the first period. Some excellent passing, we pretty much skated with them throughout. After the first period, Harvard stepped it up a gear. With 13 draft pics, Harvard has great talent. Unless things change, we are going to be on the road for the first round. However, we have still contributed a lot to the league this year including some of the leading scorers for Qpac and Cornell.
                                I give you guys a lot of credit for playing hard and shutting down Matthew Coronato. That is not easy to do. We were coming off the Beanpot loss, so I expected a letdown. I think the coaches delivered a strong message between the first and second periods and the team took it to heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X