Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
    What are the odds of getting just one more win this year? Maybe steal one against Michigan State?
    They might win one out of the last 6.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      I have an idea. Keep Granato and Osiecki for the remainder of the season. Don’t give the fan base hope (all 200 of them), don’t give recruits hope.

don’t hire a new coach NOW so he can affect change and fire up fans and recruits immediately.

**** on the season ticket holders. All of them. That sounds like a winning idea!!!
      Hang in there solo. He’s going to be fired after this season. There is / was no way they are going to fire him in season, with only three coaches.

The mistake was not fixing this last year so the hole got even deeper this year.

Let’s hope they find the right coach this time.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Hang in there solo. He’s going to be fired after this season. There is / was no way they are going to fire him in season, with only three coaches.

The mistake was not fixing this last year so the hole got even deeper this year.

Let’s hope they find the right coach this time.
        I’m in fumes with this program. I haven’t used our tickets since Granato’s 1st season. Subsequent to that my interest has dissipated to where I’m not even checking scores until the next morning.

I feel bad for Brian Posick having to carry water for a dumpster fire.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• I too at one time was a season ticket holder, and I live 90 minutes from Madison. There was no way I was going to spend my hard earned money for this product.

I also agree that there was no way the staff was going to get the axe during the season. I sure hope that the Monday after the season ends CM drops the axe on the entire staff right down to but excluding the equipment staff. The program need to be completely rebuilt and head in a new direction. Im also hoping the new staff has no ties to the program or we will be stuck in the same ol rut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogity View Post
            I too at one time was a season ticket holder, and I live 90 minutes from Madison. There was no way I was going to spend my hard earned money for this product.
            Sadly I was on the cusp of realizing my lifelong dream of getting season tickets for UW hockey 2 years ago, but there was no way I was going to spend that kind of money to watch this kind of play. And I'd have a 60 minute drive to the rink. I might get a heck of a deal in the future as they try and rebuild the fanbase, assuming with a new coach.

I have to believe the lower bowl will be full and they will be into the 2nd tier for MN marque series of the year. In looking at the ticket sales, Friday has lots of room in the lower and 2nd tier, Saturday they are close to full in those 2 spots.

Comment

• So…the rumor is McIntosh is not happy with basketball and is preparing to fire Gard if they miss the tournament.

IF true, that tells me most of us are right. Chris McIntosh doesn’t give a good damn about Badger Men’s Hockey And remaining season ticket holders need to exert pressure not just to fire Granato but to fire King and McIntosh for abjectly failing to turn hockey around when they had every chance to do so. And this means hockey fans who are season ticket holders in basketball and football should not renew to follow through and exert more pressure on the Athletic Department. At a time where they need money, don’t renew. It’s the only vote that matters to them.

we’ve reached our decision in our family. Hockey and football tickets will NOT be renewed. King and McIntosh have only themselves to blame for this.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• It's just depressing to think about how far this program has fallen. It sure would be nice if some of the prominent hockey alumni would stand up and express their displeasure with the programs direction. Someone with some weight needs to apply some kind of pressure.

Comment

So…the rumor is McIntosh is not happy with basketball and is preparing to fire Gard if they miss the tournament.

IF true, that tells me most of us are right. Chris McIntosh doesn’t give a good damn about Badger Men’s Hockey And remaining season ticket holders need to exert pressure not just to fire Granato but to fire King and McIntosh for abjectly failing to turn hockey around when they had every chance to do so. And this means hockey fans who are season ticket holders in basketball and football should not renew to follow through and exert more pressure on the Athletic Department. At a time where they need money, don’t renew. It’s the only vote that matters to them.

we’ve reached our decision in our family. Hockey and football tickets will NOT be renewed. King and McIntosh have only themselves to blame for this.
                  I don't buy firing Gard for 1 minute. Nothing says IF they fire Gard, they can't fire TG as well. I also don't think King is going anywhere, so be prepared to have him be around and let's just hope they hire a decent replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I don't buy firing Gard for 1 minute. Nothing says IF they fire Gard, they can't fire TG as well. I also don't think King is going anywhere, so be prepared to have him be around and let's just hope they hire a decent replacement.
                    The Gard story was from another forum. I can’t verify it. But, if true it’s just another brick in the wall.

i won’t be at games going forward. I won’t watch on btn, etc. I’m done with the program for the foreseeable future.

IF and only IF they make a home run hire and have about 3-4 20+ win seasons consecutively I may start watching again. But that’s a hell of long shot considering the state of the program.

Comment

The Gard story was from another forum. I can’t verify it. But, if true it’s just another brick in the wall.

i won’t be at games going forward. I won’t watch on btn, etc. I’m done with the program for the foreseeable future.

IF and only IF they make a home run hire and have about 3-4 20+ win seasons consecutively I may start watching again. But that’s a hell of long shot considering the state of the program.
                      Well, it doesn't really pay to bury one's self in negativity, so you will be a much happier person with the cord cut, and I don't blame you at all. I won't lament about the past, it's behind me. I am hopeful for the future that on March 6th the sun will crack over the horizon. If not, I will ponder going black as well.

Comment

• A little distraction from all the depression.

Just saw on the TV news here in Appleton, this story about the Rafalski family. Matt is a defensemen playing for the Green Bay Gamblers and Danny is the Strength and Conditioning coach for the Gamblers. Brian said this is the first year since retiring that he is not coaching. Did a quick search and could not find where he has coached. Their hometown is listed as Waupaca.

https://fox11online.com/sports/local...cy-to-gamblers

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Well, it doesn't really pay to bury one's self in negativity, so you will be a much happier person with the cord cut, and I don't blame you at all. I won't lament about the past, it's behind me. I am hopeful for the future that on March 6th the sun will crack over the horizon. If not, I will ponder going black as well.
                          Exactly. FWIW, we heard from a source in Madison the same thing I read about Gard being on the hot seat if they don’t make the dance.

the same source said they “think” Granato is gone but no rumors about it in his orbit.

I tell ya this much, that Badger fund $ saved will buy some damn nice vacations

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ77 View Post
                            A little distraction from all the depression.

Just saw on the TV news here in Appleton, this story about the Rafalski family. Matt is a defensemen playing for the Green Bay Gamblers and Danny is the Strength and Conditioning coach for the Gamblers. Brian said this is the first year since retiring that he is not coaching. Did a quick search and could not find where he has coached. Their hometown is listed as Waupaca.

https://fox11online.com/sports/local...cy-to-gamblers
                            I recall seeing Brian coach Matt's team when they were in Florida, but below is the history per Brian's EP page:

TEAM STAFF HISTORY

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                              The nepotism between the State Journal amd UW programs is pretty awful. Polzin, Lucas, and Baggot are the worst offenders. It has become just a giant tornado of self conratulatory back patting. There are no hard questions and people like Milewski were put on an island being dared to ask tough questions. There is zero accountability for the programs.
                              I feel like Tom Oates would call this b.s. out. Some of his columns back in the day were a little out there (in my opinion), but he at least seemed to write what he wanted and not have his b*lls in a vice by UW.

Comment

EDIT: a poster on b5q mentioned a bunch of hockey sites are getting shut down
                                Wait, what? Which ones?

I missed this comment from earlier
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X