Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

I feel like you’re seething over something that isn’t there. They literally re-negotiated his contract last offseason so Granato has two options: 1) get better and make the tournament 2) get fired.

You might ask, why not fire Granato mid season like they did to Chryst? Probably because 1) football has an obnoxious amount of coaches 2) Leonard had been sniffing the head coach job for at least a year or two 3) hockey doesn’t have that person good enough to take over for the rest of the season 4) hockey is only allowed a minimal number of coaches.
    McIntosh understands football and Barry’s legacy which is obvious…beyond $ of course.

but what has he said or done to suggest he knows the importance of the legacy of Badger Bob Johnson? I said earlier Johnson’s legacy far surpasses that of Barry, or even Nick Saban because Johnson won titles in NCAA and NHL and was an innovator. No other coach has ever won titles in NCAA AND pro’s not named Johnson to my knowledge (Badger Bob and Jimmy).

and he can make a statement now. Fire Granato and let Oseicki and Brandt take over for the remainder of the year. Then we’ll se if either has anything. I don’t trust McIntosh to make a great decision on hockey coach, he has no idea what to look for .
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      …unfortunately I see nothing from Chris McIntosh that says he cares enough to make a move to improve the Men’s hockey team. Has even ever mentioned them in the last 2 years?

my guess is he fired Granato and keeps Oseicki.

how’s that for flipping off the 400 fans left in the fan base ?!?!
      Classic
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

McIntosh understands football and Barry’s legacy which is obvious…beyond $ of course.

but what has he said or done to suggest he knows the importance of the legacy of Badger Bob Johnson? I said earlier Johnson’s legacy far surpasses that of Barry, or even Nick Saban because Johnson won titles in NCAA and NHL and was an innovator. No other coach has ever won titles in NCAA AND pro’s not named Johnson to my knowledge (Badger Bob and Jimmy).

and he can make a statement now. Fire Granato and let Oseicki and Brandt take over for the remainder of the year. Then we’ll se if either has anything. I don’t trust McIntosh to make a great decision on hockey coach, he has no idea what to look for .
        Yeah, but Badger Bob never won a state championship the true barometer of a great playing and coaching career. It was something that bothered him all his life and friends and family teased him.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

but what has he said or done to suggest he knows the importance of the legacy of Badger Bob Johnson? ...
          I think this is why they need to let Jason King go and get someone who knows hockey to oversee the programs. Preferably a new ***'t AD from outside the badger circle with a hockey background. But I fully suspect that won't happen.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

Yeah, but Badger Bob never won a state championship the true barometer of a great playing and coaching career. It was something that bothered him all his life and friends and family teased him.
            In Minnesota and Massachusetts that means something and is special. In Wisconsin, not so much.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Classic
              Hee!

Comment

I’m not going to be mad if he’s here the rest of the season. I will be beyond irate if he’s here next season.

Comment

I’m not going to be mad if he’s here the rest of the season. I will be beyond irate if he’s here next season.
                  There is ZERO chance they fire TG during the season.
                  There is ZERO chance King gets fired. After all he's also responsible for the women's team as well. He dodged a nuclear missile when MJ turned down PSU years ago. Yes MJ makes him look awesome, TG makes him look like a loser. They restructured his contract to make it easier to can him. Someone made him can MS. Presumably he's part of those moves. Sadly we all know from the end of the Eaves era that changing assistant coaches doesn't really move the needle. He should have known that. I am hoping the unconceivably bad attendance does move the needle.

So we let the season play out and see what happens.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                    Unfortunately I can't a scenario where they go after Hastings, who is 56, but I also could be proven wrong. Esp now with the football team going with youth. I have a feeling Mac prefers stability and doesnt want to have to hire another coach in 5yrs...but that could be said about every AD in college.
                    56 isn't that old/wouldn't require a new coach in 5 years unless Hastings has made some comment about retiring soon. If he enjoys coaching, he should be good for at least 10 years (hey, standard social security retirement age is 67 right?). To me, his age shouldn't be a concern unless you're worried about relating to todays' youth - and that doesn't seem to have been an issue at Mankato.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

There is ZERO chance they fire TG during the season.
                      There is ZERO chance King gets fired. After all he's also responsible for the women's team as well. He dodged a nuclear missile when MJ turned down PSU years ago. Yes MJ makes him look awesome, TG makes him look like a loser. They restructured his contract to make it easier to can him. Someone made him can MS. Presumably he's part of those moves. Sadly we all know from the end of the Eaves era that changing assistant coaches doesn't really move the needle. He should have known that. I am hoping the unconceivably bad attendance does move the needle.

So we let the season play out and see what happens.
                      That’s what I’m saying. There’s no sense getting progressively more upset that they haven’t fired him yet mid season. We all know it will come after the season ends barring some miracle run to a championship.

Comment

• The only benefits to Granato keeping his job:
                        • Its cheaper this way
                        • So I can razz him from the stands in Milwaukee in two weeks
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post

56 isn't that old/wouldn't require a new coach in 5 years unless Hastings has made some comment about retiring soon. If he enjoys coaching, he should be good for at least 10 years (hey, standard social security retirement age is 67 right?). To me, his age shouldn't be a concern unless you're worried about relating to todays' youth - and that doesn't seem to have been an issue at Mankato.
                          First time mankato's roster has ever been described as youth

Comment

That’s what I’m saying. There’s no sense getting progressively more upset that they haven’t fired him yet mid season. We all know it will come after the season ends barring some miracle run to a championship.
                            Why? Why can’t they make a statement? It’s ridiculous to think with the legacy of Badger Bob that the U just let’s this happen, what, because if they fire Granato now they’d have just 2 coaches? Bull****. They accomplish 3 BIG things with firing Tony now.

1. they remove a coach who has proven he cannot win.

2. they tell the fan base (all 200 hundred of us) that they’re serious about upholding Bob’s championship legacy, but MORE important they tell recruits that winning is the PRIORITY and is EXPECTED..

3. They give Oz and Brandt a tryout for 3 months.

since King doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing this at least gives McIntosh a chance to see if the team improves with Oz/Brandt.

are we really thinking hockey is so unimportant now that a change can’t be made mid-season for the sake of the team, the fans, the U and the LEGACY?

Jesus Christ.

Comment

• My only counter is that the legacy is dead.

Its gone.

You are lucky to see even a faint hint of the legacy that we had in 2010, which itself was just a shadow of what was there in 2006, much less the “old time” legacy of Badger Bob.

Badger Hockey, as we knew it, is dead.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                My only counter is that the legacy is dead.

Its gone.

You are lucky to see even a faint hint of the legacy that we had in 2010, which itself was just a shadow of what was there in 2006, much less the “old time” legacy of Badger Bob.

Badger Hockey, as we knew it, is dead.
                                …You’re 100% right. I may need to just move on to other sports or just replace hockey with concerts.

Comment

Working...
                                X