No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And on the 5th goal Wisconsin lost multiple multiple 1 and 1 fights for the puck. They gave up.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      …I got a bit soft there for a few weeks but I’ve had enough.

McIntosh needs to show the Men’s Hockey fan base that he wants a highly successful hockey program that has a standard of winning national titles.

so…fire the staff Sunday. Period. End of discussion. This is an utter embarrassment.
      I totally agree with this and have been posting exactly that across many platforms. If not after Sunday, it should be after that Milwaukee Peewee tournament that they're hosting.
      Who gives a fukk who the intern coach is, can it be any fukken worse? NO!

I just happened to turn on Bally sports and at the end of the second period it's already 6 to 2 Minnesota. Is McIntosh paying any fukken attention or is his face glued to the women's volleyball team?
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• The last 5 minutes the Badger showed a little bit of juice . Urdahl, Stange and Gorniac.

Comment

• And now the gophers are just standing around and we pop a couple quickies. Showing some heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I totally agree with this and have been posting exactly that across many platforms. If not after Sunday, it should be after that Milwaukee Peewee tournament that they're hosting.
            Who gives a fukk who the intern coach is, can it be any fukken worse? NO!

I just happened to turn on Bally sports and at the end of the second period it's already 6 to 2 Minnesota. Is McIntosh paying any fukken attention or is his face glued to the women's volleyball team?

my god. If McIntosh doesn’t act soon there will be no fans left to sell tickets to.

I don’t think he understands the history nor importance of Badger Men’s Hockey. And Badger Bob’s legacy to hockey is superior in every single way to Barry Alvarez, Lou Holtz, Woody Hayes, Bo Schembeckler(sp?) and Nick Saban combined for football. It’s that simple. 3 NCAA titles, putting Wisconsin on the map, took Calgary to the Stanley Cup finals and then won the Stanley Cup with Pittsburgh. This lack of effort from the AD is inexcusable.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

It's a good article for the most part. It's been 17 years since 2006 and that was 16 years since the 1990 title. So two titles in the last 33 years. Before that they had 4 in 17 years 1973 to 1989...
              I saw in the paper or somewhere today that the Badgers haven't won an NCAA playoff game since 2010. I didnt realize that. *** is going on? How is everyone not fired 3 years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Just heard on 97.3 in Milwaukee that women’s volleyball is outdrawing men’s hockey.

no offense to volleyball team but that’s a joke.
                Dude I'd watch volleyball over men's hockey 9 games out of 10. Probably 10/10. It's exciting. Place is rocking. They're winners.

And I'm a hockey guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

Dude I'd watch volleyball over men's hockey 9 games out of 10. Probably 10/10. It's exciting. Place is rocking. They're winners.

And I'm a hockey guy.
                  Yeah, I love them both (actually attended more volleyball games while I was a student; but, hockey tickets were very hard to get way back then). And volleyball is averaging some very large crowds - so that in itself isn't necessarily the issue. The issue is that between Barry and and now McIntosh, they've destroyed the hockey program. You really have to ask yourself, if you were a rival or enemy, and trying to tank the program, what would you have done differently than what they've done over the last 10 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    The call against strammel was garbage but he's gotta stop taking dumb penalties. Wisconsin was in total control until that point. I don't care if he sits the rest of the season. What a dumbass.
                    Watching the replay, how on earth was that called!? Stramel was pulled into Faber's helmet... by Faber! You can't call that a dumb penalty when he did nothing wrong.

Comment

• TG has got to be let go...like right now. The idea that you can have a 2 goal lead with players consistently making boneheaded decisions on ice (not even talking about the Stramel penalty) with poor effort, bad passes, bad time and space/awareness decisions on D and on a week in and week out pace...just...it is over man.

Fire him and get a head start on the hiring search process if your team is so fragile that you let a team score 6 goals in under 6mins, it just has to stop.

They are consistently one of the youngest, most penalized, highest GAA, lowest save %, lowest PK%, and lowest scoring teams in the NCAA. The record reflects it. Time to move on.

Does anyone even know what kind of offensive scheme TG employs? For all I can tell its a wingers at the boards center line that relies very little on the blue liners exiting the zone in a coordinated fashion. Its awful.
                      Last edited by GoBucky18; 12-11-2022, 08:47 PM.

Comment

And I'm a hockey guy.
                        It’s not for me (volleyball). I honestly don’t get it. Why do more people watch and care about UW volleyball over say a 6-time national champion women’s hockey team with a famous gold-medal winning and NCAA champion coach and the team is still kicking ***?!?!!!!
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I saw in the paper or somewhere today that the Badgers haven't won an NCAA playoff game since 2010. I didnt realize that. *** is going on? How is everyone not fired 3 years ago?
                          Seriously druzy? Come on man, we all knew that. Why do you think we're all so ****ed off? I know you've been keeping track because you even said everybody should have been fired 3 years ago.

It just sucks that Granato has been allowed to coach this long and Chryst got whacked so quickly. I understand the money difference in the sports but come on!
                          Last edited by MadCityRich; 12-11-2022, 04:11 PM.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Thay's easy. They got their *** handed to them 5-0 in 2010 Natl Champ game by BC and then lost in the first round to UMass Lowell, the Sioux, and recently (Bemidji State)...and none of those were really close contests either.

Plus, saying they haven't won a game since 2010 gives the illusion they've been in a lot of NCAA tourneys.

3 appearences over 12yrs is not an acceptable outcome.

Comment

• Last 4 NCAA tourney games the Badgers have been outscored 22-6.

Vs BC 0-5
                              Vs UMass Lowell 1-6
                              Vs Sioux 2-5
                              Vs Bemidji 3-6

That's 22-6 folks.

Comment

• I checked to see who would be breaking the news that TG is gone, but alas, we are all still left waiting and hoping. I have heard from many that he is a great guy, but it must be obvious to everyone by now that he unfortunately cannot coach. I do not know the advantages/disadvantages of moving on during/after the season but my goodness, it’s over, right? RIGHT?! Please?!
                                I love hockey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X