Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Yep, it's goofer week and no one is here. I fully expect them to sweep UW.....the program is basically dead right now.
    Minnesota better catch some hands at least

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

Minnesota better catch some hands at least
      I am not sure I follow your lingo. But I am admittedly not the sharpest tool in the shed.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Do any of the Badger faithful know what's up with Ty Smilanic? I saw a few weeks ago that he took a "personal leave" from the team.

While he never lived up to the hype at Quinnipiac, I thought he might do better in Wisconsin.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          Do any of the Badger faithful know what's up with Ty Smilanic? I saw a few weeks ago that he took a "personal leave" from the team.

While he never lived up to the hype at Quinnipiac, I thought he might do better in Wisconsin.
          I have no information for you. It's been radio silent. I would guess Todd M, the beat writer knows but can't share.
          Last edited by WiscTJK; 12-07-2022, 05:23 PM.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

I am not sure I follow your lingo. But I am admittedly not the sharpest tool in the shed.
            Fights

Comment

• So discussion on Buckyville about football coaches and the excitement of bringing in the air raid offense and a guy that can get kids to the NFL. I posted that Granato has lots of kids in the NHL, but hasn't won squat. I think if football completely abandons what made them great over the last 30 years, my concern is they end not being able to compete in the Big10.

That got me thinking about UW hockey. Let's compare the last 30 years which had the end of the Sauer era, the Eaves era and Granato era, with win % of that timeframe:

Sauer (last 10 years 92-93 to 01-02): 175 - 162 - 29 .519
              Eaves (14 years 02-03 to 15-16): 267 - 225 - 66 .543
              Granato (6.5 years 16-17 to current): 99 - 115 - 16 .463

Total for last 30 years: 541 - 502 - 111 .519

That's ugly and unacceptable. Basically averages 1 game over .500 for the last 30 years. A complete reboot is needed. It might be needed in football too as things are changing, but UW hockey is way behind the historical average of the 29 years before that when UW restarted it's hockey program.

Total for 29 years before (63-64 to 91-92): 686 - 366 - 47 .652

We truly have a collapsed program like Michigan Tech, just happened about 30 years later.....

That's what I got on Goofer week!
              Last edited by WiscTJK; 12-09-2022, 07:05 AM. Reason: killed the English language....oof

Comment

We truly have a collapsed program like Michigan Tech just did, just happed about 30 years later.....

I agree it's a complete collapse with TG for sure and needs a complete re-boot, but Tech plummeted deeper in a 8 to 10 team league. UW is 1980's Tech bad.

Chatter in the newspaper about how embarrassed the lads were after last year's series getting shut out twice, I contend the whole season was an embarrassment.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I agree it's a complete collapse with TG for sure and needs a complete re-boot, but Tech plummeted deeper in a 8 to 10 team league. UW is 1980's Tech bad.

Chatter in the newspaper about how embarrassed the lads were after last year's series getting shut out twice, I contend the whole season was an embarrassment.
                  Thanks for quoting my misspellings and killing of English language. Ouch. I should probably proof read better.

Comment

• I say a split is coming. Or a complete *** whooping.

Comment

• https://www.dailycardinal.com/articl...consins-sports

The Daily Cardinal is the only publication around that has the cojones to call a spade a spade. I think it's a student newspaper so their their livelihood doesn't depend on keeping the Athletic department happy with them. Poor Todd. I wonder if he would call out Granato and the department if he was a columnist...

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        I say a split is coming. Or a complete *** whooping.
                        They need to bring in Kelly Sheffield for a pep talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                          https://www.dailycardinal.com/articl...consins-sports

The Daily Cardinal is the only publication around that has the cojones to call a spade a spade. I think it's a student newspaper so their their livelihood doesn't depend on keeping the Athletic department happy with them. Poor Todd. I wonder if he would call out Granato and the department if he was a columnist...
                          It's a good article for the most part. It's been 17 years since 2006 and that was 16 years since the 1990 title. So two titles in the last 33 years. Before that they had 4 in 17 years 1973 to 1989...

Comment

Thanks for quoting my misspellings and killing of English language. Ouch. I should probably proof read better.
                            I can't change your words, it's un-American. We get the point. It's ok to flub up once and a while. I should know.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

So discussion on Buckyville about football coaches and the excitement of bringing in the air raid offense and a guy that can get kids to the NFL. I posted that Granato has lots of kids in the NHL, but hasn't won squat. I think if football completely abandons what made them great over the last 30 years, my concern is they end not being able to compete in the Big10.

That got me thinking about UW hockey. Let's compare the last 30 years which had the end of the Sauer era, the Eaves era and Granato era, with win % of that timeframe:

Sauer (last 10 years 92-93 to 01-02): 175 - 162 - 29 .519
                              Eaves (14 years 02-03 to 15-16): 267 - 225 - 66 .543
                              Granato (6.5 years 16-17 to current): 99 - 115 - 16 .463

Total for last 30 years: 541 - 502 - 111 .519

That's ugly and unacceptable. Basically averages 1 game over .500 for the last 30 years. A complete reboot is needed. It might be needed in football too as things are changing, but UW hockey is way behind the historical average of the 29 years before that when UW restarted it's hockey program.

Total for 29 years before (63-64 to 91-92): 686 - 366 - 47 .652

We truly have a collapsed program like Michigan Tech, just happened about 30 years later.....

Yes! This is what I’ve been saying for years. 1994 was the last year of great Badger men’s hockey.

since then it’s been mediocrity. And that is completely unacceptable.

I expect McIntosh to retool the program or this season ticket holder (6 tickets center ice lower bowl) will tell the family enough is enough. Drop the tickets at season’s end
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Just heard on 97.3 in Milwaukee that women’s volleyball is outdrawing men’s hockey.

no offense to volleyball team but that’s a joke.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X