No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I'm reading the UW is going off script and not hiring Jim Leonard as H.C.
    Although it's a little after 1:00 p.m. and the press conference isn't until 4:00 p.m., there's a lot of talk going on right now.

So here we sit, in Badger Hockey Nation, spinning our wheels and not going anywhere except downward.

Would it be right to fire a hockey coach only a few months after firing a football coach and not hiring the interim as a head coach?

Why the f not?
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      From what I'm reading the UW is going off script and not hiring Jim Leonard as H.C.
      Although it's a little after 1:00 p.m. and the press conference isn't until 4:00 p.m., there's a lot of talk going on right now.

So here we sit, in Badger Hockey Nation, spinning our wheels and not going anywhere except downward.

Would it be right to fire a hockey coach only a few months after firing a football coach and not hiring the interim as a head coach?

Why the f not?
      I’m shocked McIntosh had the balls to do this. But, this could backfire badly. Leonhard has to be incredibly ****ed off. If he leaves and is successful there’s no way he comes back until or unless McIntosh is ousted.

second. Fickell is an tOSU alum. He’s biding his time until that job opens and when it does he’ll bolt.

meanwhile McIntosh has not done one single solitary thing for Wisconsin Hockey. Zilch, nada. The alumni need to call him and King stat.

I personally think McIntosh has no idea what he’s doing and should be ousted before he burns down UW’s Athletic Department.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

I’m shocked McIntosh had the balls to do this. But, this could backfire badly. Leonhard has to be incredibly ****ed off. If he leaves and is successful there’s no way he comes back until or unless McIntosh is ousted.

second. Fickell is an tOSU alum. He’s biding his time until that job opens and when it does he’ll bolt.

meanwhile McIntosh has not done one single solitary thing for Wisconsin Hockey. Zilch, nada. The alumni need to call him and King stat.

I personally think McIntosh has no idea what he’s doing and should be ousted before he burns down UW’s Athletic Department.
        This is actually making me more optimistic about the hockey program. Mac made a hire based on what he thought was a business decision and set emotions aside and hired an outsider. He should do the same with hockey. Football hiring process is now done... time to move on to the hockey program Mac.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

This is actually making me more optimistic about the hockey program. Mac made a hire based on what he thought was a business decision and set emotions aside and hired an outsider. He should do the same with hockey. Football hiring process is now done... time to move on to the hockey program Mac.
          I hope you're right.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I hope you're right.
            Ditto!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

On an interim basis maybe Burish could at least make these guys work hard consistently and cover the d-zone. If the team just does that they should be better.

Make them play with some pride or somethig.
              Maybe. I doubt it though. I don’t think “effort” is an issue. I think TG’s system makes it look like effort and defense is an issue because it’s poorly designed. We need a coach that has a sound system.

Funny enough, Eaves would probably have made a 20 win season out of this team. They’ve got the talent. Now they just need a coach with the right system.

Comment

I hope you're right.
                Also no one expected Mac to not hire Leonard and apparently he was hiding in cars and planes so people wouldn't know he was interviewing other coaches. So maybe he is secretly a stone cold killer. And already is planning his next move beyond Granato. Maybe King is next on his list. Or maybe not. Hard to stay excited about anything around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

Maybe. I doubt it though. I don’t think “effort” is an issue. I think TG’s system makes it look like effort and defense is an issue because it’s poorly designed. We need a coach that has a sound system.

Funny enough, Eaves would probably have made a 20 win season out of this team. They’ve got the talent. Now they just need a coach with the right system.
                  Ya maybe. How Granato could be this bad with the talent he's had... its almost like you couldn't do any worse unless your tried. Or were drunk during practice.

Comment

• I think we all feel bad for JL. But at the end of the day...as we all so willingly point out W-Ls are what matters. That's not a bad thing, but college sports...and sports in general are a zero sum game. If JL would have beat MN and Iowa, I think it is a completely different conversation. Making decisions based on emotion is the worst path to take. IT gives me hope about Mac to look across the table from TG. I think Fickell is a terrific hire for the program. Proven and who freakin cares if he is a tOSU alum. Schembechler was an OSU assistant under Hayes. Ryan Day ain't goin nowhere, lol, Harbaugh has just managed to finally put a decent team together and it's a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                      I think we all feel bad for JL. But at the end of the day...as we all so willingly point out W-Ls are what matters. That's not a bad thing, but college sports...and sports in general are a zero sum game. If JL would have beat MN and Iowa, I think it is a completely different conversation. Making decisions based on emotion is the worst path to take. IT gives me hope about Mac to look across the table from TG. I think Fickell is a terrific hire for the program. Proven and who freakin cares if he is a tOSU alum. Schembechler was an OSU assistant under Hayes. Ryan Day ain't goin nowhere, lol, Harbaugh has just managed to finally put a decent team together and it's a fight.
                      I like that they went out of the Badger family to someone with a proven track record.

How about the other JL (Jordan Love) last night? Don’t know if the Eagles D was in prevent, but Love was 6 of 9 for 113 yards and put up 10 points in two drives. That at least gives some hope to the Packers future at QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        There you go, there is the interim coach. He's a scout with Columbus right now.

I do feel better that Macintosh went outside the Badger family for the football coach. He will certainly do that for hockey if he realizes that hockey is a sport UW offers.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

There you go, there is the interim coach. He's a scout with Columbus right now.

I do feel better that Macintosh went outside the Badger family for the football coach. He will certainly do that for hockey if he realizes that hockey is a sport UW offers.
                          I saw a comment somewhere the last day regarding hockey that they should go outside, like football. And another commenter came back as and "they will hire Steve Rohlick."
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I saw a comment somewhere the last day regarding hockey that they should go outside, like football. And another commenter came back as and "they will hire Steve Rohlick."

so…. Not a terrible idea but… would Oseicki stay as a recruiter then? His recruiting is still very good it’s the defense that has been lackluster. Maybe give “d” coaching to someone else and let “O” concentrate solely on recruiting? Was that how Standbrook was?

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              so…. Not a terrible idea but… would Oseicki stay as a recruiter then? His recruiting is still very good it’s the defense that has been lackluster. Maybe give “d” coaching to someone else and let “O” concentrate solely on recruiting? Was that how Standbrook was?
                              Hard no on Rohlik. His record at OSU, while is ok and usually over .500, is not good enough for WI. Set the bar high.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Hard no on Rohlik. His record at OSU, while is ok and usually over .500, is not good enough for WI. Set the bar high.
                                5 of the last 6 seasons with 20 or more wins… Consistently higher than 60% win percentage…

Who do you have in mind? The only one I can think of that is better is Mike Hastings and part of me doubts he would leave Minnesota St.

Comment

Working...
                                X