No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well at least they took care of business.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Nice to see Ped State get drilled by MSU tonight.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Well at least they took care of business.
        Agreed. That was the dominating performance they should have had in all of the last four games.

What does that mean for Michigan in 2 weeks and Goofers in 3? I’m not sure.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Look at B5Q comments. Football and volleyball. No-one gives a damn about hockey over there. That speaks volumes. Those are the casual fans that fill up the 2nd and3rd bowl when the team is winning.

Comment

Well at least they took care of business.
            Its good for the Lads to get the wins this weekend. Great to see Bantle get off the schnied, has has missed a ton of open looks, it's crazy. We really can't glean too much from this series. I am fearful of what will happen in the next 4 games.

Now that they have posted the football H/C job and they officially hire Leonard, maybe they can go onto a more important situation with the hockey team. Odds of anything happening during this season are slim and none.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Its good for the Lads to get the wins this weekend. Great to see Bantle get off the schnied, has has missed a ton of open looks, it's crazy. We really can't glean too much from this series. I am fearful of what will happen in the next 4 games.
              Now that they have posted the football H/C job and they officially hire Leonard, maybe they can go onto a more important situation with the hockey team. Odds of anything happening during this season are slim and none.

Hey Tim! First of all, I give YOU and the others who continue to go to men's games a LOT of credit. You're true masochists (but not in THAT way!)

I'm predicting sweeps by Meat Chicken (Dec 2-3) and East Dakota (Dec 9-10), and HOPING "The Magic" happens after the goofer games.
              That would be a perfect time to slide in an interim, just before the Kwik Trip Holiday Face-Off.

Somewhere here, I read Adam Burish's name bandied about. That would be awesome!
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• How is Adam Burish, a guy with zero coaching experience, a good option? Do y’all just want the program to continue to suck under yet another former badger?

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  How is Adam Burish, a guy with zero coaching experience, a good option? Do y’all just want the program to continue to suck under yet another former badger?
                  Yeah I don’t think he has coached at all. I think Rich was talking about interim only.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Hey Tim! First of all, I give YOU and the others who continue to go to men's games a LOT of credit. You're true masochists (but not in THAT way!)

Somewhere here, I read Adam Burish's name bandied about. That would be awesome!
                    I get no credit for going to any games, I refuse to give the UW any more of my money while TG is there. That being said, my daughter wants to do a men's/women's double header on 2/18, so my Doodlebug won't be denied a birthday request. My wife will be buying the tickets though haha.

We do watch the games on tv. I like hockey.

TG's not going anywhere this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Yeah I don’t think he has coached at all. I think Rich was talking about interim only.
                      He was brought up by a few people throughout this thread. Even on an interim basis it is super bizarre. I’d rather Brandt take over till the end of the season. Burish was an excellent captain and player, but I think he should keep his analyst job. No sense leaving for a temp job that he’s unqualified for.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        How is Adam Burish, a guy with zero coaching experience, a good option? Do y’all just want the program to continue to suck under yet another former badger?
                        On an interim basis maybe Burish could at least make these guys work hard consistently and cover the d-zone. If the team just does that they should be better.

Make them play with some pride or somethig.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

On an interim basis maybe Burish could at least make these guys work hard consistently and cover the d-zone. If the team just does that they should be better.

Exactly. Burish commanded respect from his teammates as a player and could do the same as a at least an assistant coach…not that he’d want to.

I’m not convinced Brandt can coach at all. There has been 0 improvements to team perfo From last year to this year. So what exactly does he bring to the table?

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

Exactly. Burish commanded respect from his teammates as a player and could do the same as a at least an assistant coach…not that he’d want to.

I’m not convinced Brandt can coach at all. There has been 0 improvements to team performance From last year to this year. So what exactly does he bring to the table?

Comment

I’m not convinced Brandt can coach at all. There has been 0 improvements to team performance From last year to this year. So what exactly does he bring to the table?
                              The thing is this with Brandt......What is he allowed to do, given the opportunity to do, or feel he can do? He's a young guy coaching with an x NHL head coach and a mega experienced associate head coach. Does he have the kahunas to push against TG to make a difference?

It's not going to happen, but if they can TG we all know Oz will be given the interim job. They won't fire a whole staff mid-season, it's just not practical and in the history of sports, has it ever been done, firing a whole staff mid-season? Leonard is losing recruits in FB because though the whole staff is there, he's not the head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

The thing is this with Brandt......What is he allowed to do, given the opportunity to do, or feel he can do? He's a young guy coaching with an x NHL head coach and a mega experienced associate head coach. Does he have the kahunas to push against TG to make a difference?

It's not going to happen, but if they can TG we all know Oz will be given the interim job. They won't fire a whole staff mid-season, it's just not practical and in the history of sports, has it ever been done, firing a whole staff mid-season? Leonard is losing recruits in FB because though the whole staff is there, he's not the head coach.
                                Can Wisconsin hire another coach mid season? As in fire Granato, take a few weeks, and then hire Mike Hastings, for example, in Janurary? Or is that against the rules?

In football theres always a coach who doesn't coach in the bowl game because he's been hired by someone else.. so maybe they have to wait for the regular season to be over?

This is assuming Mac fires Granato soon. Which i actually highly doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X