Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Maybe it’s because he’s Badger royalty which makes the decision more difficult? Maybe some alumni called in after Eaves (Badger royalty as well) was let go and voiced opinions that it was to early after 2 years of losing seasons? So due to that To Tony gets more time to prove himself?

i don’t know…
    Zero NCAA tournament wins in 7 years. That in itself is more than enough. Zero wins in 4 years was enough. See, even the hard-core Solovsfett is getting soft with the expectations of Badger hockey.

Jason King should be fired. Please don't forget to email King weekly on how you feel avout the program. Don't be a jerk when you do it doesn't help.

Wouldn't be surprised if he says "well things going in the right direction" after this weekend. He's probably the type of person who supports participation trophies for last place.

Edit: when i say "he" i mean King.

Comment

• Look what MSU did, jettisoned a royalty type coach for a really young rather inexperienced new guy and they are 8-3-1 (They beat LIU 3-1 and 8-4). I know they brought in a bunch of transfers and recruits, but it just shows how the change can quickly impact the results.

The building is dead. The program is dead. People have gone deaf to TG's message, that includes the players and the fans.

Nice to see WI boys Urdahl and Stange score.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Bump over spam.

Comment

• Gameday. I could have done the double tomorrow and gone to the men's game after the women's game, but I at this point am sticking to my guns and not paying to see the men play as long as TG is the H/C.

For reference the Lions lost to UM 4-0 6-4 and UM 7-1 3-1. Their most recent series was a sweep of Army, so both these teams are on sizzling 2 game winning streaks. Something will have to give.

Let's go RED!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Gameday. I could have done the double tomorrow and gone to the men's game after the women's game, but I at this point am sticking to my guns and not paying to see the men play as long as TG is the H/C.

For reference the Lions lost to UM 4-0 6-4 and UM 7-1 3-1. Their most recent series was a sweep of Army, so both these teams are on sizzling 2 game winning streaks. Something will have to give.

Let's go RED!
            I am not going tonight, but am going tomorrow night. We will see how it goes. I haven't stuck to my guns and can't stop going. It's what I do in winter. Even if I am an unhappy fan.

UW is 36 in pairwise, Lindenwood is 45 and Long Island is 55. Unless they get hot, I am guessing these will be close games.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              I am not going tonight, but am going tomorrow night. We will see how it goes. I haven't stuck to my guns and can't stop going. It's what I do in winter. Even if I am an unhappy fan.
              I respect that. If I wasn't going to the all women's games I'd be going to the men's, or one game per weekend. That is my hockey fix.

Comment

• So on another site (b5q) I read that hockey is now on the minds of…I’m assuming the board or regents but could be wrong. Maybe just McIntosh and King. And if the information is accurate this how absolutely clueless this admin is

-allow beer sales (great! About 25 years late)
                - move the band around each period…what???
                - shutting down the 2nd and 3rd decks…uhm, the ****?

they’re giving up!!! That’s what that says to me. Shut down 2/3 of the bowls? You may as well move the Men into LaBahn then.

it’s painfully obvious that for reasons beyond my comprehension the University AD doesn’t give a damn if Wisconsin becomes the 1980’s MTU and stays there.

my god. I don’t expect them to announce the staff will be gone tomorrow but these ideas (above) aren’t even worth talking about until the BIG picture foundational changes are made to happen.

and I’ll say this now as other posters are indicating. McIntosh is in so far over his head we may be at just a crossroads right now. It could get even worse with him at the top.

look at what’s happening in football. The guy can’t even manage that right.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• So on another site (b5q) I read that hockey is now on the minds of…I’m assuming the board or regents but could be wrong. Maybe just McIntosh and King. And if the information is accurate this how absolutely clueless this admin is

- shutting down the 2nd and 3rd decks…uhm, the ****?

they’re giving up!!! That’s what that says to me. Shut down 2/3 of the bowls? You may as well move the Men into LaBahn then.

it’s painfully obvious that for reasons beyond my comprehension the University AD doesn’t give a damn if Wisconsin becomes the 1980’s MTU and stays there.

my god. I don’t expect them to announce the staff will be gone tomorrow but these ideas (above) aren’t even worth talking about until the BIG picture foundational changes are made to happen.

and I’ll say this now as other posters are indicating. McIntosh is in so far over his head we may be at just a crossroads right now. It could get even worse with him at the top.

look at what’s happening in football. The guy can’t even manage that right.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

So on another site (b5q) I read that hockey is now on the minds of…I’m assuming the board or regents but could be wrong. Maybe just McIntosh and King. And if the information is accurate this how absolutely clueless this admin is

- shutting down the 2nd and 3rd decks…uhm, the
                    Shutting down the 2nd and 3rd deck? That is so stupid it can't be true. But who knows with these administrators.How about hire a different coach, start winning and fill the 2nd and 3rd deck with people?

Don't forget to email the genius who has been overseeing the hockey program since 2014... good ole Jason King. Every weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

Shutting down the 2nd and 3rd deck? That is so stupid it can't be true. But who knows with these administrators.How about hire a different coach, start winning and fill the 2nd and 3rd deck with people?

Don't forget to email the genius who has been overseeing the hockey program since 2014... good ole Jason King. Every weekend.
                      It’s so absurd and stupid that it seems true. Because they seem to have no interest in a winning program, at least based on their actions and inactions.

Comment

• I only got to see the 3rd period. I was sure glad to see them overcome the own goal. There was a player between Laatsch and the net that could have made a play on the puck, but he just watched it go by. Jugnauth is a very nice player. Refs were very tick tacky. You would have thought they were calling a women's game, but even they aren't that bad. One call on Lindenwood was terrible.

Last night's attendance could have fit in LaBahn.

Comment

So on another site (b5q) I read that hockey is now on the minds of…I’m assuming the board or regents but could be wrong…..
                          Solo, where did you read that. Can you post a link? I can’t find it on b5q.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Solo, where did you read that. Can you post a link? I can’t find it on b5q.
                            It was a poster: https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/202...d-e0d73801c6cb

I mostly read through the comments to see if anyone talks hockey over there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I only got to see the 3rd period. I was sure glad to see them overcome the own goal. There was a player between Laatsch and the net that could have made a play on the puck, but he just watched it go by. Jugnauth is a very nice player. Refs were very tick tacky. You would have thought they were calling a women's game, but even they aren't that bad. One call on Lindenwood was terrible.

Last night's attendance could have fit in LaBahn.
                              Whoever the player was who watched the puck go by should sit 3 games. Inexcusable. I’m also not a huge fan of laatsch. Too slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                                Believe you me, Im not advocating for it to happen until after Suter Day, I just am looking at it practically, the ADept went out of it's way to promote TG being the voice/face/Emcee of Suter Day. They won't pull that rug out from under him, especially considering the connections to the Suter family. Which in the grand scheme of life, and not W/Ls, is the right thing to do.

However, a minute after that, the only person left standing when the smoke clears should be Brandt and Nate LaPoint. TG, Oz, Connelly, King all should be gone. Then a true national search to bring in a young-ish coach that demands excellence and development of players.
                                100%
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X