No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is very much unlike the end of the Eaves era where they simply had a shortage of talent. They have the talent, but TG is just suffocating them somehow from a schematic or motivational standpoint. A breath of fresh air via getting rid of the stale air could save the season.

We were beating the crap out of MS, but the results with Brandt at the helm of the F's is not good, though we don't know how much reign Brandt is being given.

They have 4 gimmes? before the Suter event to be able to market a 4 game winning streak.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
      Hey Smilanic…..how’s that transfer working out for you? He’s about the me and not the we
      It's sad he's away for personal reasons, I hope everything is ok with him.

Comment

• It’s Monday, November 7th, and Tony Granato still has a job.

Comment

• I had do do a traditional update after the MSU Series (L 0-5 Fri, L 1-5 Sat) just to see how bad it is:

Record: 2-8-0 (0-6-0-0 0 pts, 7th in Big7 (n/c))
          USCHO Poll: NR; (NR)
          USA Today Poll: NR; (NR)
          PWR: 45 of 62; (n/c) (n/c)
          RPI: 46; (n/c) (n/c)
          KRACH: 31; (n/c) (n/c)
          Scoring: 1.60 GPG; (n/c) (59th of 62) (n/c)
          Defense: 3.20 GAPG; (n/c) (T44th of 62) (n/c)
          Save %: .909; (n/c) T20th of 62 (n/c)
          Power Play Rate: 10.81% (4 of 37); (n/c); 53rd of 62 (n/c)
          Penalty Kill Rate: 74.36% (29 of 39); (n/c) 52nd of 62 (n/c)
          Penalty Min per Game: 11.70; (n/c) T23rd of 62 (1st is worst) (n/c)
          Penalty Min: 117 (n/c); T19th of 62 (1st is worst) (n/c)
          Shorthanded Goals Scored; 1 (n/c); T16th of 62 (n/c)
          Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 1 (n/c); T19th of 62 (1st is worst) (n/c)
          Team Faceoff: 53.1% (n/c) T14th of 62 (n/c)

This week Long Island 11/11 7 pm, 11/12 7 pm (TV - Bally Sports Wisconsin). Next week Lindenwood 11/18 7 pm, 11/19 7 pm (TV - Bally Sports Wisconsin)
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            This is very much unlike the end of the Eaves era where they simply had a shortage of talent. They have the talent, but TG is just suffocating them somehow from a schematic or motivational standpoint. A breath of fresh air via getting rid of the stale air could save the season.

We were beating the crap out of MS, but the results with Brandt at the helm of the F's is not good, though we don't know how much reign Brandt is being given.

They have 4 gimmes? before the Suter event to be able to market a 4 game winning streak.
            Not sure I would be calling Lindenwood a "gimme" win at this point if you saw what they have done so far....

Comment

• Question: are the players recruited to Wisconsin over the last several years more selfish than in years past? That can’t be the sole answer but it’s a big one.

prior to the past 6-7 years I’d argue the most selfish teams were the ones from 91-94 the Zent, Schier, Fairchild, Plante, Moore, Nelson, Teams. But…having said that, while those teams played like their were 5 pucks out there they at least won 20+ games a year and were in the tourney. Hell some atrocious reffing kept them from a title.

so I’m wondering if on top of poor coaching if there is a lack of chemistry on these teams AND on-ice leadership.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by friar97 View Post
                Not sure I would be calling Lindenwood a "gimme" win at this point if you saw what they have done so far....
                Hence the "?". UW could very well go 0 - 4 over the next 4.

Comment

• Third page of USCHO. I know there is little interest anymore, but no posts since Monday.

If they don't win 2 this weekend against the 3rd year program Long Island, there is even more issues than we think.....
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• What a terrible year for Badger fans…now it sounds like Braelon Allen is geared to go to Michigan. What a kick to the chickletts that will be.

as For hockey…Wisconsin doesn’t just need to win 2, they need to win by 5-7 goals a game. But what am I thinking. Badger Bob is gone.

I call a split.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      What a terrible year for Badger fans…now it sounds like Braelon Allen is geared to go to Michigan. What a kick to the chickletts that will be.

as For hockey…Wisconsin doesn’t just need to win 2, they need to win by 5-7 goals a game. But what am I thinking. Badger Bob is gone.

I call a split.
                      I’ve got two ties lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        I’ve got two ties lmao
                        Good call!

Comment

• I’m glad they won… embarrassingly close game.

Comment

• Two wins but barely. Is that good or bad? Should have beat this handily but found a way to win…..‍♂️

Still too many periods when then have zero energy, imo.

Comment

• I realize it’s a lot to ask to still fire Granato after this weekend, not a lot of coaches are getting fired after a “sweep”.

But this just shows how low the bar really is for him to clear.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                I realize it’s a lot to ask to still fire Granato after this weekend, not a lot of coaches are getting fired after a “sweep”.

But this just shows how low the bar really is for him to clear.
                                Maybe it’s because he’s Badger royalty which makes the decision more difficult? Maybe some alumni called in after Eaves (Badger royalty as well) was let go and voiced opinions that it was to early after 2 years of losing seasons? So due to that To Tony gets more time to prove himself?

i don’t know…

Comment

Working...
                                X