No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually…now that I think of it a bit further, Jason King should be the first one fired. Sunday, if not sooner.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Burnish would shake this team up so much that half of them might quit. It would be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
        Burnish would shake this team up so much that half of them might quit. It would be interesting.
        Agreed. A big part of me thinks the team needs that.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
          I agree TG has got to go with Osiecki. But there's no way it's going to happen until after Suter day. My guess is over the winter break. They'd prob pull in Connelly and then let Brandt add a volunteer coach and a short term hire.

Or they fire TG and let Oz drive the dumpster fire into the garage and clean house after season.
          That makes sense but this team needs a wake-up now. It’s a train wreck either way. Let Brandt run out the rest of the season. Maybe you’re right. This year just digs the hole deeper. Big mistake not cleaning house last season.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

That makes sense but this team needs a wake-up now. It’s a train wreck either way. Let Brandt run out the rest of the season. Maybe you’re right. This year just digs the hole deeper. Big mistake not cleaning house last season.
            Tony will sweet talk his way out of it. And McIntosh and King will believe all of his excuses about how "he just needs a few more years, next year were really going to be set up to win, etc etc etc etc". It's unreal they get paid as much as they do to be so stupid.

That being said if Burish would come in and the players started playing with their hair on fire I think badgers would go at least .500 the rest of the way. Playing with heart and passion can make up for a lack of talent in alot of circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Yeah, that’s just it. It looks like the team is clueless and 2-7 after the last 6 years is unacceptable. Unfortunately firing TG now would leave Oseicki and Brandt. So…do they keep Oz as interim HC till the end of the year to see if there’s a turnaround? Or…ask Brandt to step up now and hire staff. I bet he could get Burish to buy in as a coach.
              I'd love to give Brandt a crack at it for the rest of the season. Definitely don't want Burish as a coach. Let's try and get someone with an established coaching record in D1 hockey.

Comment

I agree TG has got to go with Osiecki. But there's no way it's going to happen until after Suter day.
                With all due respect, I think that kind of thinking (waiting until Suter day) is why this program is a ****storm.

They kept Granato because he's nice and is honorable and a good man.

Its time to put the hammer down and make grown up decisions. And fire him now.

The Suters will be able to handle it. When i was a kid i saw Bob suter smacking the crap out of Ryan Suters shin pads at middleton ice arena at practice because he made a mistake in the D zone, in practice!! If anything they'd probably respect a decision like that. The entire program needs to toughen up.
                Last edited by druzy192; 11-04-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Believe you me, Im not advocating for it to happen until after Suter Day, I just am looking at it practically, the ADept went out of it's way to promote TG being the voice/face/Emcee of Suter Day. They won't pull that rug out from under him, especially considering the connections to the Suter family. Which in the grand scheme of life, and not W/Ls, is the right thing to do.

However, a minute after that, the only person left standing when the smoke clears should be Brandt and Nate LaPoint. TG, Oz, Connelly, King all should be gone. Then a true national search to bring in a young-ish coach that demands excellence and development of players.
                  Last edited by GoBucky18; 11-05-2022, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Believe you me, Im not advocating for it to happen until after Suter Day, I just am looking at it practically, the ADept went out of it's way to promote TG being the voice/face/Emcee of Suter Day. They won't pull that rug out from under him, especially considering the connections to the Suter family. Which in the grand scheme of life, and not W/Ls, is the right thing to do.

However, a minute after that, the only person left standing when the smoke clears should be Brandt and Nate LaPoint. TG, Oz, Connelly, King all should be gone. Then a true national search to bring in a young-ish coach that demands excellence and development of players.
                    !!! I’m on board with all of this!

Comment

• Personally being in East Lansing to watch this dumpster fire brings a giggle to my soul! Last night, the utter stoic look of dismay on TG and Oz brought some measure of joy.

Their offensive system just doesnt work. It seems to be all predicated on passing up to the forwards along the boards but with no coordinated exit out of the D zone. Which leads to crap passing, missed passes, and sloppy stick handling. The blue liners , when in the attack zone also repeatedly didnt swing the pick to try and get MSU to move when it was evident they needed to. MSU, in a few months solved all of that.

Comment

• Might as well put some oil in the engine before this one, Fellas!

Comment

• Another stinker. Getting swept out of Munn with a disastrous weekend. 0-6 in the big 7, 2-8 overall. Oof
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Burn it to the ground.

Comment

• Hey Smilanic…..how’s that transfer working out for you? He’s about the me and not the we

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
                                Hey Smilanic…..how’s that transfer working out for you? He’s about the me and not the we
                                Go be a dbag somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X