Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

It would be horrible to do that in a rink that is 25% full. Very sad. The place should be packed to the rafters to show appreciation for what they have done for the USA, UW and hockey in Madison.
    Agreed. I’m super bummed because I believe the Granato’s are also integral to the history of Wisconsin hockey. Maybe this is how Green Bay fans felt when Bart Starr was coach. It must have been painful to watch a hero from the team’s glory years fail as a coach…
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Whelp, it’s 3-0 MSU in the 2nd and I’m done watching. Ineptitude continues and just isn’t worth the time.

Comment

• Yep. I was just about to say the same thing. It’s ugly and awful. Good night badgers.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• I'm sadly at the game. A couple thoughts.

1. The ice at Munn sucks. Skaters falling all over the place.

2. Badgers had a lot of grade A chances and couldnt put it in, not to mention plenty of power plays where their setup was awful and didnt generate any SOG.

3. Badgers passing is extremely sloppy and they have whiffed on SO many passes and shots it just speaks to a lack of concentration.

4. D is still awful with backside guys puckwatching all the time.

5. TG has lost this team. You can see the frustration in the players

Comment

• 6. I need a barley pop...or 12

Comment

• No goals last seven straight periods.

https://***********/toddmilewski/sta...g9wtkZkp1lteYQ
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                MSU this weekend will put my NHL sized rink theory to the test. Next 6 look like very winnable games.
                Nope. 4 winnable? I’m not sure.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• https://***********/toddmilewski/sta...g9wtkZkp1lteYQ

More wonderful statistics!

Comment

• So… I don’t like the idea but this is business. McIntosh must make the move Sunday. Not just to change the direction but to make a statement. This is WISCONSIN hockey. Badger Bob set the standard. Win or get out of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      So… I don’t like the idea but this is business. McIntosh must make the move Sunday. Not just to change the direction but to make a statement. This is WISCONSIN hockey. Badger Bob set the standard. Win or get out of the way.
                      I’m against mid season firing in hockey but I’m not sure how you can keep TG around. 8 plus periods, 176 minutes with no goals. Need to wake these guys up.

Comment

So… I don’t like the idea but this is business. McIntosh must make the move Sunday. Not just to change the direction but to make a statement. This is WISCONSIN hockey. Badger Bob set the standard. Win or get out of the way.
                        I have started to wonder if it ever was Wisconsin hockey......it might have just been Bob Johnson hockey.
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I agree. I almost paid for a subscription to watch the game with my squirt-age son. Glad I didn’t. He wears his Wisconsin hockey sweatshirt pretty much every day and pretty soon he’s going to figure out Wisconsin hockey flat out sucks. I can’t hide it from him much longer. Time. To. Move. On.
                          I love hockey!!!

Comment

• If Granato goes now I assume that Osiecki goes as well. That leaves Brandt. How does he do it by himself? Do some alums step in temporarily? This thing is as bad as or worse than Eaves at the end. A change must occur. Unlike football where there are an endless number of assistants to step in, we have 3 coaches and 2 need to go. A bad situation a month into the season.

Comment

• I agree TG has got to go with Osiecki. But there's no way it's going to happen until after Suter day. My guess is over the winter break. They'd prob pull in Connelly and then let Brandt add a volunteer coach and a short term hire.

Or they fire TG and let Oz drive the dumpster fire into the garage and clean house after season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

I’m against mid season firing in hockey but I’m not sure how you can keep TG around. 8 plus periods, 176 minutes with no goals. Need to wake these guys up.
                                Yeah, that’s just it. It looks like the team is clueless and 2-7 after the last 6 years is unacceptable. Unfortunately firing TG now would leave Oseicki and Brandt. So…do they keep Oz as interim HC till the end of the year to see if there’s a turnaround? Or…ask Brandt to step up now and hire staff. I bet he could get Burish to buy in as a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X