No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This stat from Todd Milewski shows people don't care anymore.

• The announced crowd of 6,004 on Friday ranks as the lowest in 456 men's hockey games all-time at the Kohl Center. The announced 6,933 on Saturday is fourth-lowest behind two nonconference games: Oct. 9, 2015, against Northern Michigan (6,467) and Oct. 30, 2015, against Arizona State (6,665).

Keep in mind that is paid attendance, not actual butts in the seats which was way way worse. Saturday student section was maybe a few hundred and the Friday / Saturday games were the least attended regular games I've seen at the Kohl Center. Apathy has kicked in.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      This stat from Todd Milewski shows people don't care anymore.

• The announced crowd of 6,004 on Friday ranks as the lowest in 456 men's hockey games all-time at the Kohl Center. The announced 6,933 on Saturday is fourth-lowest behind two nonconference games: Oct. 9, 2015, against Northern Michigan (6,467) and Oct. 30, 2015, against Arizona State (6,665).

Keep in mind that is paid attendance, not actual butts in the seats which was way way worse. Saturday student section was maybe a few hundred and the Friday / Saturday games were the least attended regular games I've seen at the Kohl Center. Apathy has kicked in.
      You have to win if you want people to show up to the games. You have to be fun and exciting if you want your fanbase to have fun and be excited.

There’s a lot of symptoms that show, but winning will cure almost all.

Is Mike Hastings interested in a challenge? He’s never had a losing record as a head coach ever. That goes back to the mid 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

You have to win if you want people to show up to the games. You have to be fun and exciting if you want your fanbase to have fun and be excited.

There’s a lot of symptoms that show, but winning will cure almost all.

Is Mike Hastings interested in a challenge? He’s never had a losing record as a head coach ever. That goes back to the mid 90s.
        He’s 56 so if UW wants him it has to be immediately after the season.

There’s a lot to like here: https://www.therinklive.com/inside-t...ts-to-recruits
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

He’s 56 so if UW wants him it has to be immediately after the season.

There’s a lot to like here: https://www.therinklive.com/inside-t...ts-to-recruits
          7 years ago when they got Granato, I wanted Hastings. Unfortunately I don't think he would be interested now. He would still be my number one choice. Tim Coghlin would be #2, and was back then for me. He's in his upper 50's too so I am not sure they would take on a multi-year rebuild.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

7 years ago when they got Granato, I wanted Hastings. Unfortunately I don't think he would be interested now. He would still be my number one choice. Tim Coghlin would be #2, and was back then for me. He's in his upper 50's too so I am not sure they would take on a multi-year rebuild.
            Good point. I would suspect both coaches are comfortable where they are. But… maybe Hastings wants to try to go next level. One can hope.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

This stat from Todd Milewski shows people don't care anymore.

Yeah and that was a B18 team. The excuse for early season poor attendance was that people didn't want to come see Clarkson or Arizona St. Halloween weekends used to be rockin'!

On video Saturday it looked like you could have fit everyone who was actually there in Labahn.

I will say that attendance is also down at the women's games so far this season, maybe around 60% to 75% full, so there is something weird going on with hockey in Madison, though the men's drop off if off a cliff epically bad and has been declining steadily, whereas for the women this is a new phenomenon.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

7 years ago I wanted Don Granato. I still think he would have been the best coach for Wisconsin since Badger Bob. I’m super happy he is starting to experience success in the NHL and with Buffalo no less. They’ve got plenty of developing young kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Yeah and that was a B18 team. The excuse for early season poor attendance was that people didn't want to come see Clarkson or Arizona St. Halloween weekends used to be rockin'!

On video Saturday it looked like you could have fit everyone who was actually there in Labahn.

I will say that attendance is also down at the women's games so far this season, maybe around 60% to 75% full, so there is something weird going on with hockey in Madison, though the men's drop off if off a cliff epically bad and has been declining steadily, whereas for the women this is a new phenomenon.
                  Nobody has any money left due to inflation being at its highest point since 1981.

Comment

Nobody has any money left due to inflation being at its highest point since 1981.
                    Then let's vote for the party that is pro-hockey!

Comment

• MSU this weekend will put my NHL sized rink theory to the test. Next 6 look like very winnable games.

Comment

• Dec 2, Suter appreciation day. Great idea!

Comment

• Well I stand corrected, with all the very visible publication of TG promoting Suter Appreciation, no way they'll push him out this year. However feels like a swan song.

Everything I see in college hockey, especially with how refs/NCAA have taken the physical aspect out decidedly over the last 8-10 yrs, if you dont have a high SOG generating offense and great goalies to counter it, kiss everything goodbye.

Comment

MSU this weekend will put my NHL sized rink theory to the test. Next 6 look like very winnable games.
                            Excellent test yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Dec 2, Suter appreciation day. Great idea!
                              It would be horrible to do that in a rink that is 25% full. Very sad. The place should be packed to the rafters to show appreciation for what they have done for the USA, UW and hockey in Madison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

It would be horrible to do that in a rink that is 25% full. Very sad. The place should be packed to the rafters to show appreciation for what they have done for the USA, UW and hockey in Madison.
                                Just another embarrassment for the Men's Hockey Program. And the alumni who have to come back for this stuff. Jason King and Mccintosh should be forced to attend these games so they can see the BS they have caused with their horrible decision making.

Comment

Working...
                                X