Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    You didn't just slap the Gophers did you? I know you couldn't be talking about a certain Muzerall coached team! LOL!!
    I'm an equal opportunity slappah.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
      It looks like the Keystone Cops defense is still in place: 4 straight goals given up. Being out of state I usually pay for a TV sports package that has Bally's Wisconsin on it to watch Badger hockey. I'm not gonna waste my money this year. Too much heartburn last year and it's not worth the aggravation. I've followed this team since 1982. Drank beers in Jones House with Tony in 1983 during PBS game replays. Great guy, lousy coach. The house needs to be cleaned. 40+ years of following this team, but I can't take another season of this. I'll follow the scores, but until changes are made I'm stepping back. No more alum coaches; go get someone not associated with the program.

Great post.

Not to piggy back, but after almost 50 years of season tix in my family, going back to the Coliseum in the early 70s, I dumped them in 2019-2020 (before Covid). Mom & Dad rolled over in their graves. I couldn't stand it. Whoever came up with the great thread title, forgot "Empty Promises".

It was (and apparently still is) gut-wrenching. I have NO fkn desire to attend a game or even watch them. I'll be totally honest; I knew they lost Friday night, but had NO idea about Saturday night or Sunday, whenever it was.

You may have read that my hockey "allowance" is now re-directed to the NHL. 2020 and 2021 were Covid years and just put the money aside, and I went to 14 games last year with MCR Jr. who now lives in Rochester, MN. (Denver, St. Paul, Chicago, St. Louis.)
      I WILL return IF TG and the entire program staff are wiped clean, top to bottom. I don't want any losers around.

Now, some of you will say, "MCR is old, stale, and grumpy". To them, I say,"Get off my thick, green lawn!"
      There's a reason! Read the posts! WI hockey fans young and old deserve MUCH better.

I think I'm about 20 years on USCHO and have never seen y'all so ****ed, disgusted, and frustrated. There's no schitt talking with East or North Dakota, Ped State, et al, because we can't back it up. (Yes I took 2 parting shots).

I'll be lurking aboot, but now it's time to watch the Avs raise the SCC banner and repeat.

Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-12-2022, 09:14 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Probably will go to a couple Wild games this year. It’s nice to have at least one good hockey team. RIP to the Badger/Blackhawks fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          If I told you UW would score a shorty and a PP, and win faceoffs 38 - 22, you think they'd win the game. That is a winning combo. Winning those faceoffs gives you extra opportunities to control the play.
          Interesting set of stats to use. I hadn't compiled wins and losses based on those stats, but I decided to do so for the 70 games played so far this season.

Powerplay goals have been scored in 58 of the 70 games: by the winning team in 50 games; by the losing team in 31 games; and by tied teams in 4 games. So by itself powerplay goals aren't very useful in determining the winner of a game.

For faceoffs I broke it down into 3 groups: won/lost by 1-10; won/lost by 11-20; and won/lost by 21+/-. Forty-five games were in the 1-10 category with the team winning more faceoffs going 20-21-4. Sixteen games were in the 11-20 category with the team winning more faceoffs going 10-5-1. Six games were in the 21+/- category with the team winning more faceoffs going 4-2-0. Overall teams winning more faceoffs have gone 34-28-5, again, not very useful in determining the winner of a game.

Shorthanded goals have been scored in just 9 games, with the team scoring the shorty winning 8 games. So, shorthanded goals appear to be a good indicator of determining a winner, but from the small sample set not as good as a 3-0 lead.

As for your winning combo; so far this season only 3 times did a team scored a powerplay goal, shorthanded goal and win more faceoffs. While the other two teams won, the sample set is too small to be able to determine if your statement is valid.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Boy there's big excitement on the board here for tonight!
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              Boy there's big excitement on the board here for tonight!
              Is tonight the Andor episode 6 release? NHL started?

…oh…Badger men’s hockey vs St. Cloud. Because of WCHA nostalgia I’ll at least check the box scores.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Is tonight the Andor episode 6 release? NHL started?

…oh…Badger men’s hockey vs St. Cloud. Because of WCHA nostalgia I’ll at least check the box scores.
                Did people actually care about St Cloud when we were still in the WCHA? I sure didn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

Did people actually care about St Cloud when we were still in the WCHA? I sure didn’t.
                  I care about them far more than MSU, tOSU, Ped State and Notre Dame.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I care about them far more than MSU, tOSU, Ped State and Notre Dame.
                    This would mean a lot more if you actually watched games.

Good 1st period. Badgers were definitely the better team and had the better of chances. Stramel is a physical specimen. Ceulemans is still an idiot and his play lackadaisical as ever. He was penalized for hooking near the end of the period, proceeded to bark at the ref and then zip the puck pass them.... Resulting in a 10 minute misconduct. Friggin' moron.

Comment

• Ceulemans should be benched until they can figure out how to get his head out of his ***.

Comment

• Badgers missed a 2-on-0. Didn't even get a shot and they didn't try to pass it.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

This would mean a lot more if you actually watched games.

Good 1st period. Badgers were definitely the better team and had the better of chances. Stramel is a physical specimen. Ceulemans is still an idiot and his play lackadaisical as ever. He was penalized for hooking near the end of the period, proceeded to bark at the ref and then zip the puck pass them.... Resulting in a 10 minute misconduct. Friggin' moron.
                          **** off. Seriously. I’ve been watching since 1985.

Comment

• I feel bad for Tony At this point. It’s like there’s nothing he or Oseicki can do to right the ship.

they could have 5 Caufield’s and still lose.

remarkable.

bon voyage, you’re still my favorite Badger player of all-time.

Comment

**** off. Seriously. I’ve been watching since 1985.
                              I'm just saying, I don't value the opinion of the people who ***** but haven't watched the team recently... Whether that ****es you off or not, I don't really care.

Comment

• They played a decent first, but the second and third were ugly.

Granato is a dead man walking.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X