Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

I could never be a cool cat like you. That’s for sure.
    Whatever your point was about being “hip” or “cool” being a downer you went there as well and welcome aboard the reality train.

tony Granato cannot coach nor develop talent. Oseicki has completely lost his skill at coaching D.

in football Paul Chryst has ruined a once proud program. It will take a new coach a 4-year timespan to get the team back into 10-win territory.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Whatever your point was about being “hip” or “cool” being a downer you went there as well and welcome aboard the reality train.

tony Granato cannot coach nor develop talent. Oseicki has completely lost his skill at coaching D.

in football Paul Chryst has ruined a once proud program. It will take a new coach a 4-year timespan to get the team back into 10-win territory.
      I have been saying this since year 2 of Granato at Wisconsin. Just cause I don't say it every time I post doesn't mean I am ignoring that he is a bad coach. That doesn't mean I won't start every year with at least a little optimism. That doesn't mean I won't make comments about things that went well or things I would like to see improve.

They literally made a coaching change this offseason and have two outcomes for this upcoming season:
      1) They fail again, Granato is fired and we are happy.
      2) They make the tournament and we are happy.

Comment

• Early look shows that we are getting a new coach after this year. Lost to Lakehead 3-2 in OT...

Comment

• The color guy with Posick on the radio said the defensive zone play was disturbing because same as last year they would watch the puck and not pick up the open guy.

And. He said the team looked "lazy" when they were back checking.

I would say "unbelieveable"... but it unfortunately is normal with this program. Its exhibition, but sounds an awful lot like same sh#t different season.

Comment

• Paul Chryst has been fired. Way less leniency for football I guess.

Comment

Paul Chryst has been fired. Way less leniency for football I guess.
              McIntosh keeps Granato after 5 out of 6 years of crap but fires Chryst mid season?

Maybe McIntosh will fire Granato this year too

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

McIntosh keeps Granato after 5 out of 6 years of crap but fires Chryst mid season?

Maybe McIntosh will fire Granato this year too
                One can only hope. But McIntosh like Barry “I’m not a hockey guy” Alvarez doesn’t care about Wisconsin hockey and doesn’t know they’ve won 6 NCAA championships. But it’s not just Granato. Oseicki has lost it as well.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                  The color guy with Posick on the radio said the defensive zone play was disturbing because same as last year they would watch the puck and not pick up the open guy.

And. He said the team looked "lazy" when they were back checking.

I would say "unbelieveable"... but it unfortunately is normal with this program. Its exhibition, but sounds an awful lot like same sh#t different season.
                  It’s sickening.just absolutely sickening. How can Granato and Oseicki sleep at night taking money from the University and putting out such a pathetic product? I thought those guys were passionate about Wisconsin hockey? Can them both now since they obviously have no clue how to inspire and teach. For the love of god I don’t know what happened to Oseicki.

Comment

It’s sickening.just absolutely sickening. How can Granato and Oseicki sleep at night taking money from the University and putting out such a pathetic product? I thought those guys were passionate about Wisconsin hockey? Can them both now since they obviously have no clue how to inspire and teach. For the love of god I don’t know what happened to Oseicki.
                    Perhaps Eaves was a better coach than people gave him credit for.

Comment

Perhaps Eaves was a better coach than people gave him credit for.
                      Eaves was a great coach but he lost it on recruiting and never got it back.

Comment

Paul Chryst has been fired. Way less leniency for football I guess.
                        A reported 16.5 million buyout, but football is the money maker and that is chump change.

Makes me even more shocked they kept TG from a pure success viewpoint.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I have been saying this since year 2 of Granato at Wisconsin. Just cause I don't say it every time I post doesn't mean I am ignoring that he is a bad coach. That doesn't mean I won't start every year with at least a little optimism. That doesn't mean I won't make comments about things that went well or things I would like to see improve.

They literally made a coaching change this offseason and have two outcomes for this upcoming season:
                          1) They fail again, Granato is fired and we are happy.
                          2) They make the tournament and we are happy.
                          Or they barely fail and they buy what is excuses are and retain him.

Comment

Early look shows that we are getting a new coach after this year. Lost to Lakehead 3-2 in OT...
                            "We're just trying to get ready for next weekend," said Badgers coach Tony Granato, whose team had an intrasquad scrimmage Saturday in Stevens Point and opens the regular season at No. 16 Ohio State on Friday. "We've been champing at the bit to get to Big Ten play and it's already here."

"I want them to learn from it," Granato said. "I want them to understand that there's going to be a lot of games like this this season where we're going to be in positions at the end of the game where we're down by goal or it's tied or we're up by a goal. And it's going to be a grind."

Gotta spin the terrible outcome. I myself decided to go to Costco instead with my wife instead of the hockey game. We had a good time.

Comment

Eaves was a great coach but he lost it on recruiting and never got it back.
                              I say he lost on recruiting due to super poor assistant coach hires. That's what did him in.....
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Hopefully losing 3-2 in this exhibition wakes them up for this week.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X