Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
    https://www.badgerextra.com/sports/h...912.1648785022

Its very interesting that Granato keeps getting high profile recruits despite the subpar results on the ice. And these kids always seem to say they chose UW because of the coaching staff.

Granato is a hell of a salesman. He can talk these kids into coming here despite the losing. And he can obviously talk McIntosh and King into the delusion that he's going to turn it around despite 6 years of results that tell the opposite story.

It's too bad he can't coach because he seems to have everything else.
    Yep Yep Yep.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Strobel left on his own in April? No, it's pretty clear he was fired.
      https://madison.com/sports/college/h...a8d8c325175fcc
      Shocker. No coach worth a penny is going to just quit his dream job in the prime of his life on his own for the betterment of the team. We all knew the truth.

Comment

https://www.badgerextra.com/sports/h...912.1648785022

Its very interesting that Granato keeps getting high profile recruits despite the subpar results on the ice. And these kids always seem to say they chose UW because of the coaching staff.

Granato is a hell of a salesman. He can talk these kids into coming here despite the losing. And he can obviously talk McIntosh and King into the delusion that he's going to turn it around despite 6 years of results that tell the opposite story.

It's too bad he can't coach because he seems to have everything else.
        Tony Granato is the McLaren of NCAA hockey. No results in years but keep burnishing the past and somehow kids believe.

it’s really weird honestly. The team has been great for just 2 years of this new recruits lifetime and no titles in that 16 years and yet sees a bright future.

Granato has the Glengarry leads.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Tony Granato is the McLaren of NCAA hockey. No results in years but keep burnishing the past and somehow kids believe.
          That is a great analogy.

Comment

Granato has the Glengarry leads.
            Hahahaha. "Coffee is for closers"

Tony gets a full pot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

That is a great analogy.
              Thanks Tim!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Hahahaha. "Coffee is for closers"

Tony gets a full pot.
                Who would be Alec Baldwin? Scott Sandelin?

Comment

• Just re-watched the Twice As Nice movie and I'm officially amped for hockey season!

Comment

Who would be Alec Baldwin? Scott Sandelin?
                    Fun fact: Sandelin had a losing record at UMD 6 of his first 8 seasons; took him 11 to win a NCAA championship. Not excusing Granato, just saying the road to success is sometimes a long one.

Comment

• Originally posted by xuw View Post

Fun fact: Sandelin had a losing record at UMD 6 of his first 8 seasons; took him 11 to win a NCAA championship. Not excusing Granato, just saying the road to success is sometimes a long one.
                      That is interesting! I didn't know that. So there is a sliver of hope.....
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Good grief. Granato had a VERY different starting point than Sandelin. He’s also squanderd a team with 4 1st round NHL draft picks AND a team 2 years ago that should have AT LEAST gone to the frozen four.

no excuses. Isn’t that the sign in the locker room. 60 minutes, no alibis, no excuses?

Comment

His run of success correlates closely to the B16 hockey conference starting. I think there was a 2 year overlap.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

That is interesting! I didn't know that. So there is a sliver of hope.....
                            I have pointed that out at least a couple times over the years. Usually met with some type of post like the one after your post. Jerry York in his first 25 years of coaching college hockey only made the NCAA tournament six times. Badger Bob only made the NCAA tournament once in his first eight seasons of college hockey.

The good coaches put it together eventually. Here's to hoping year 7 is the start to a long stretch of successful seasons for Tony.
                            Last edited by digitalbooya; 08-31-2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

I have pointed that out at least a couple times over the years. Usually met with some type of post like the one after your post. Jerry York in his first 25 years of coaching college hockey only made the NCAA tournament six times. Badger Bob only made the NCAA tournament once in his first eight seasons of college hockey.

The good coaches put it together eventually. Here's to hoping year 7 is the start to a long stretch of successful seasons for Tony.
                              It’s disingenuous to compare Badger Bob building a program out of nothing to a program with 6 national titles under it’s belt and a bevy of former and current NHL’ers to tout and olympians, etc.

same for Jerry York. York was at Bowling Green. The equal comparison would be York landing at BC. From that point forward.

Granato, Eaves, Sauer were all handed keys to a Ferrari. They didn’t have to start from nothing.

and are you discounting having 4 NHL 1st round draft picks on the team and and having the stunning inability to achieve a winning record?

Badger Bob would have smoked every team on the schedule with that talent.
                              Last edited by solovsfett; 08-31-2022, 04:53 PM.

Comment

It’s disingenuous to compare Badger Bob building a program out of nothing to a program with 6 national titles under it’s belt and a bevy of former and current NHL’ers to tout and olympians, etc.

same for Jerry York. York was at Bowling Green. The equal comparison would be York landing at BC. From that point forward.

Granato, Eaves, Sauer were all handed keys to a Ferrari. They didn’t have to start from nothing.

and are you discounting having 4 NHL 1st round draft picks on the team and and having the stunning inability to achieve a winning record?

Badger Bob would have smoked every team on the schedule with that talent.
                                The way the program was when Granato took over was definitely not a Ferrari.

I think Granato's biggest fault is the "we will just get another (top NHL draft pick)" approach. The one and done prospects are only good when you have four year quality players like Zengerle, Mersch, etc. Look at the MASSIVE improvement we saw from Cole Caufield and Dylan Holloway in their second year mixed in with quality upperclassmen like TPB, Weissbach, Emberson, etc. One of the best teams in the country and a #1 seed in the tournament. The tournament didn't go well, but that team was exciting.

Fancy draft picks are all fun and games until you realize they still need to develop just like every other player. How many one and done players did Badger Bob have back in the day?

Comment

Working...
                                X