Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Here's a list of all the other North American 17-year-olds to play in the WJC in the last 10 years and their subsequent overall draft positions:

Jacob Trouba - 9
    Johnathan Drouin - 3
    Nathan MacKinnon - #1
    Aaron Eckblad - #1
    Jack Eichel- 2
    Connor McDavid - #1
    Noah Hanifin - 5
    Lawson Crouse - 11
    Zack Werensky - 8
    Auston Matthews - #1
    Chad Krys - 45
    Jack Hughes - #1
    Alexis Lafreniere - #1
    Jamie Drysdale - 6
    Quinton Byfield - 2
    Shane Wright - 4
    Logan Cooley - 3

I guess it's some ok company for Stramel.
    Why do you hate me!? Haha. I want to believe but I just can't get past TG killing this team. If he was not there I'd be typing things like there's enough talent here for a top 3 B16 finish and an ncaa birth. Actually I think the talent IS there, he's just holding them back.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Why do you hate me!? Haha. I want to believe but I just can't get past TG killing this team. If he was not there I'd be typing things like there's enough talent here for a top 3 B16 finish and an ncaa birth. Actually I think the talent IS there, he's just holding them back.
      Yes!
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Stramel didn't get much of a chance to show us anything. Harvey had the same issue on the women's Olympic team, young, talented but no room for meaningful playing time.

Comment

• First 18 games. If we are drinking the Kool-Aid, what should their record be after the first 18? 4-2 vs OSU MSU PSU, 4-0 against LIU L-Wood, 4-4 against the heavy hitters. That's 12-6. Is that realistic?

at OSU
          St Cl
          at UMD
          PSU
          at MSU
          LIU
          L-Wood
          UM
          at Rodents

Comment

First 18 games. If we are drinking the Kool-Aid, what should their record be after the first 18? 4-2 vs OSU MSU PSU, 4-0 against LIU L-Wood, 4-4 against the heavy hitters. That's 12-6. Is that realistic?

at OSU
            St Cl
            at UMD
            PSU
            at MSU
            LIU
            L-Wood
            UM
            at Rodents
            I am glad you are optimistic. They could pretty easily start 0-6. I will say they find a way to get a couple wins, so 2-4. PSU will be vastly improved and MSU should be better. I will say 2-2. They better be 4-0 vs LIU and Lindenwood. And then 1-3 to finish out the first 18. So I see us 9-9. If they lose the first 6, katie bar the door....who knows what could happen then, with the additional pressure.
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 08-23-2022, 01:05 PM.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              I am glad you are optimistic. They could pretty easily start 0-6. I will say they find a way to get a couple wins, so 2-4. PSU will be vastly improved and MSU should be better. I will say 2-2. They better be 4-0 vs LIU and Lindenwood. And then 1-3 to finish out the first 18. So I see us 9-9. If they lose the first 6, katie bar the door....who knows what could happen then, with the additional pressure.
              I did say "if" we drink the Kool-Aid. I didn't say I was drinking it, LOL. 9-9 is completely reasonable (and may be a tad optimistic as well) based on past performance and we really don't have any reason to hang our hats on some new found hope. I don't think player turnover and Andy Brandt big enough changes to make TG's flaws as a GM and coach go away.

Comment

• No 300 level tickets at the Kohl Center unless 100 and 200 are sold out. So there may not be any 300 level tickets this year. I wonder if they are dumping the cheap ticket packages, which I have used the last couple of years to take family. Then I just moved down to the 200 level.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...99241291730945

Comment

No 300 level tickets at the Kohl Center unless 100 and 200 are sold out. So there may not be any 300 level tickets this year. I wonder if they are dumping the cheap ticket packages, which I have used the last couple of years to take family. Then I just moved down to the 200 level.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...99241291730945
                  Come on! I love getting the 300 level tickets and us sitting all by ourselves and stretching out. I am getting fed up with this school between this and making me pay for a parking pass for the women when in the past many games had free parking. On top of that, I prefer to park in lot 91 and they forced me to donate $50 to the Badger fund so I could get my name in the hat for parking there, with no guarantee I get a spot. All the bigger money donors get preference. F-U U-W.

Comment

Come on! I love getting the 300 level tickets and us sitting all by ourselves and stretching out. I am getting fed up with this school between this and making me pay for a parking pass for the women when in the past many games had free parking. On top of that, I prefer to park in lot 91 and they forced me to donate $50 to the Badger fund so I could get my name in the hat for parking there, with no guarantee I get a spot. All the bigger money donors get preference. F-U U-W.
                    They are charging for lot 91 for women's games now? Plus they raised prices for Women's tickets too. I understand your frustration Tim. Better off getting BTN+ and watching games on there.

Comment

• I feel like there should be a Chris Farley show type skit for Wisconsin Men’s Hockey. “Remember when They were great? Yeah,…that was awesome!”

“remember 2006 when Wisconsin was in the frozen four for the first time in 14 years? That was awesome!”

“you, you, member “Badger Bob”? He was awesome!”

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

They are charging for lot 91 for women's games now? Plus they raised prices for Women's tickets too. I understand your frustration Tim. Better off getting BTN+ and watching games on there.
                        All women's hockey season ticket holders have to buy a season parking pass now and you get assigned to a parking lot not of your choice. Plus the ticket price hike. It will be very interesting to see if attendance is affected. Personally I can't stay away. I must attend in person. If you recall I was inches from buying men's season tickets years ago. It's my dream to have those, but not while tg is the coach.

Comment

All women's hockey season ticket holders have to buy a season parking pass now and you get assigned to a parking lot not of your choice. Plus the ticket price hike. It will be very interesting to see if attendance is affected. Personally I can't stay away. I must attend in person. If you recall I was inches from buying men's season tickets years ago. It's my dream to have those, but not while tg is the coach.

Comment

• https://www.badgerextra.com/sports/h...912.1648785022

Its very interesting that Granato keeps getting high profile recruits despite the subpar results on the ice. And these kids always seem to say they chose UW because of the coaching staff.

Granato is a hell of a salesman. He can talk these kids into coming here despite the losing. And he can obviously talk McIntosh and King into the delusion that he's going to turn it around despite 6 years of results that tell the opposite story.

It's too bad he can't coach because he seems to have everything else.

Comment

• Strobel left on his own in April? No, it's pretty clear he was fired.

https://madison.com/sports/college/h...a8d8c325175fcc

Druzy is right, he is a hell of a salesman.

Comment

Working...
                              X