Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy A

So a D3 associate head coach calls out D3 players to the local media? Very strange. Not a fan of throwing college players under da bus.
    That comment was referring to TG, not Brandt
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

That comment was referring to TG, not Brandt
      OOOhhh. makes sense. I will edit the post.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Is Stramel set to join the team next year? I didn't realize he is a projected 1st round pick in the 2023 NHL draft.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
          Is Stramel set to join the team next year? I didn't realize he is a projected 1st round pick in the 2023 NHL draft.
          I do believe so.

Watching a lot of NHL playoffs and the one thing that stands out to me is the quality of the passing.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I do believe so.

Watching a lot of NHL playoffs and the one thing that stands out to me is the quality of the passing.
            UW's passing was one of the things I complained about a lot last season. Either it was horrific or there was no pass when there was an easy outlet that lead to a turnover and chance/goal against (looking at you Ceulemans).

I just watched the Oilers-Flames game. That was a crazy one.
            Last edited by digitalbooya; 05-19-2022, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
              UW's passing was one of the things I complained about a lot last season. Either it was horrific or there was no pass when there was an easy outlet that lead to a turnover and chance/goal against (looking at you Ceulemans).

I just watched the Oilers-Flames game. That was a crazy one.
              The poor passing really stood out to me watching in person from up high going to a few games in person last year (before I shut my purchasing down in protest). Watts is fascinating is how easily/quickly these NHLer's get through the N zone. It actually makes me more bitter about last year for UW.

Sucks the Ranga's lost, they are my NHL team. Oilers-Flames game was just too late to stay up and watch though I would have liked to see what hockey looked like again in the 80's. Shocked the Oilers got all the way back to take the lead after being down 5-1....and then lose! Wow.
              Last edited by Timothy A; 05-19-2022, 07:02 AM.

Comment

It’s perfectly fine to view Wisconsin hockey as a has-been program. I’m not going to be a Pollyanna in this thread. The records speak for themselves.

remember where the fan base was in 2002? We’re going past that now because we’re going on a second consecutive 16-year run without a title. 2 titles in 32 years. The difference between that first collapse and now is we don’t have a coaching staff capable of winning an NCAA title. What’s the plan? What’s the trajectory here?
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Tim Coghlin is literally the Bo Ryan of college hockey.
                  So, that makes Brandt the Greg Gard of college hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                    So, that makes Brandt the Greg Gard of college hockey?
                    I'd be cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Tim Coghlin is literally the Bo Ryan of college hockey.
                      Good trick.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post

Keep hope alive. I am. On Wisconsin!
                        I appreciate the positive attitude. Having negative Nancy's around can really kill a team, fan base, company, etc. I am normally not negative, but in this case you can call me Nancy.

McIntosh and King seem to have your attitude of "keeping hope alive ". And that's why we have to go through one more year of disappointment and losing with this proven poor coach Tony Granato.

There is being positive. And then there's being delusional.

My opinion and I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                          Keep hope alive. I am. On Wisconsin!
                          Can you give us 5 reasons to be hopeful? Trust me, I want hope. I want to go to games. I want to watch a team to be proud of. Give me some reasons. Hope without reason is delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Can you give us 5 reasons to be hopeful? Trust me, I want hope. I want to go to games. I want to watch a team to be proud of. Give me some reasons. Hope without reason is delusional.
                            1. Granato’s one season without Strobel was over .500 and just barely missed the NCAA tournament.
                            2. Stramel is a projected top 10 pick.
                            3. Jared Moe is a darn good goaltender.
                            4. Lindmark and Vorlicky will be back after being injured most of last year.
                            5. Brandt ran the special teams at St Norbert, so hopefully these improve.
                            6. Brandt as a player was tenacious. Hope he can coach the players to be as tenacious as he was with Licari and Degenhardt.

Comment

Great article on "Chuck Schwartz" for you old timers like me.

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/sta...21429709086723
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher
                                Oops I posted and didn't see your post....
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X