Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Last season killed my spirit. Carry on.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Last season killed my spirit. Carry on.
    Perfect. I knew you would knock it out of the park.

Start with news on the transfer Ty Smilanic from Quinnipiac

https://***********/QBSN/status/1522630947618783232
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Why would Smilanic leave The Q for The U W? The guy played 41 games last year so it's not 'minutes'.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Perfect thread title!!
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Why would Smilanic leave The Q for The U W? The guy played 41 games last year so it's not 'minutes'.
          The guy has some US national team history, so he's not a 4th line winger. Maybe he's not lived up to his own expectations and want to try somewhere new. Maybe UW has a program he's interested in? I just don't know why you'd pick UW after last season from a hockey standpoint.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I just don't know why you'd pick UW after last season from a hockey standpoint.
            There's the question.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

When will we know who the new coach is gonna be?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                When will we know who the new coach is gonna be?
                the actual public notice for applicants is over. Todd M in his article, said there was no rush and wanted to wait for the USHL to be done, so I am thinking it might be someone from USHL and specifically one of the teams remaining. I could be wrong.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

There's the question.
                  I'm not Trolling your thread, honest. I don't think Ty and the Coaching staff were on the same page. QU has a system, they're successful without some of the higher end talent. 1) I don't think Ty completely bought in and was freelancing a bit. 2) I think there were some lingering effects in the second half of the season from the injury at Juniors. Either way, I think Ty has NHL dreams and he's looking to showcase some offense to get MTL interested in him, possibly sooner rather than later. I think the only question is, will he be good enough to help your program, or will he be concentrating on being good enough to help himself. Hopefully, for you, it's both. There's no doubt he has the skill, the question is does he have the head to match it.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                    I don't think Ty completely bought in and was freelancing a bit.
                    I'm a North Dakota guy; I have no use for the "stinkin' Badgers."

And I heard much the same about him.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The longer this goes with no new assistant hired, the more I think it is going to be one of the Madison Capitals coaches. Or Sioux Falls.

Seems like the longer he waits, the less time for that coach to recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        The longer this goes with no new assistant hired, the more I think it is going to be one of the Madison Capitals coaches. Or Sioux Falls.

I only came across this when I was looking up Greg Brown but both of Dubuque's assistants have ties to the state of Wisconsin. Not sure if you guys know anything about them.

https://www.dubuquefightingsaints.co...erations-staff

Comment

I'm okay with a longer search. Osiecki is the main recruiter and is still recruiting while I think they are looking more for the actual forward and PP coaching this new candidate will bring in vs. recruiting for this season anyway, which is hard for a non-college coach to just jump into anyway. And, on the flip side, we all always complain when coaching searches are too quick and are clearly a predetermined decision before actually, well, searching... AHL is also still in playoffs, and there might be potential, interested candidates in that pool, too.

Comment

Luke Strand, head coach of Sioux City, was an assistant at Wisconsin in one of Eaves' last years. He certainly would not be an exciting hire.
                            The more interesting Musketeer coach might be assistant Colten St. Clair, 29, who was a grinder in his NoDak days. The Muskies host Madison this Sunday to start the USHL finals.

Comment

https://***********/jaypo1961/status...10373758103552

Buyout cost updated so went from $2.4M to $1.0M. And buyout goes up after 6/30/23, so he gets 1 year to turn the ship around.

Comment

Working...
                              X