No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oof, attendance is awful this year. I think those of us that have attended games have seen this first hand, but this is confirmation.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...26826550960130

https://madison.com/sports/college/h...d64e583f0.html
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Oof, attendance is awful this year. I think those of us that have attended games have seen this first hand, but this is confirmation.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...26826550960130

https://madison.com/sports/college/h...d64e583f0.html
      On tv it looks even worse.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• I’ll buy season tickets next year if they fire the whole staff and bring in a proven winner. Give me some intrigue. I believe I haven’t been to a game since Duluth back in 2019. I used to go to every Saturday Minnesota game, but honestly it was getting tiring losing by 4+ every time. Minnesota made the change from Lucia to Motzko and it turned out great for them. Why not us? Granato to Hastings. Get it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Oof, attendance is awful this year.
          The empty seats are pretty depressing. Even Phil gave up.

I dropped my Saturday tickets last year, and it's been a challenge getting excited for the Friday games lately. In fairness, for some reason the home Friday games have actually been decent this season.

Definitely on the fence for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post

The empty seats are pretty depressing. Even Phil gave up.

I dropped my Saturday tickets last year, and it's been a challenge getting excited for the Friday games lately. In fairness, for some reason the home Friday games have actually been decent this season.

Definitely on the fence for next year.
            To be fair, it's health issues for Phil. Hey Guy is still there. I still go both nights, but it's really not what it used to be.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• It is worse than announced attendance, which is simply the number of tix sold for a game. Actual scanned tix are usually in the 60-70% of sold tix. For us, it's probably in the 40-50% range.

Comment

• I can live with a split this weekend. Beating the rodents once won't save TG's butt. If they are going to lose, lose big boys.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• https://youtu.be/bbfy05y5Ukw

Basically, the English soccer version of where I’m at.

But I’d rather go to an Admirals game than a Badgers game at this stage. And that’s sad.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• What an embarrassing crowd.

Comment

• Lmao, dominate the first 16 minutes with shots 16-1 and Minnesota comes down and scores a softy. Can't make this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                        Lmao, dominate the first 16 minutes with shots 16-1 and Minnesota comes down and scores a softy. Can't make this up.
                        That's exactly what I was thinking. They dominated that period...and I called MN's goal before it even happened. Two Badgers fighting over the puck and both giving it up, then the third Badger puck watching and not rotating over to eliminate the shot threat. Mind numbingly frustrating. Moe has got to make that save, though...not like it was a whistling dixie shot or anything.

Comment

• Badger's defensive positioning is SO atrocious, it's laughable. The 2nd Brodzinski G to make it 4-0. The Badgers rotated so poorly, and on the OUTSIDE of guys, not protecting the goal. I just don't effing get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aktick View Post
                            what an embarrassing team.
                            fyp

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
                              Badger's defensive positioning is SO atrocious, it's laughable. The 2nd Brodzinski G to make it 4-0. The Badgers rotated so poorly, and on the OUTSIDE of guys, not protecting the goal. I just don't effing get it.
                              Or the middle two goals, which were basically uncontested shots from the slot.

I made a few tweets comparing it to that hilarious gif of Alexander Ovechkin’s “controller” being disconnected, and it feels apropos.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Wait, what? Which ones?

I missed this comment from earlier
                                I asked the poster and they didn’t respond
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X