No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTN plus for TV this weekend I have it but most don't. 6 pm games.

I am not getting in the discussion about '83 on, but I can say the last 12-13 years have been mostly terrible, a couple of disspointing and a year or two of decent.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Looks like Madison.com hired a bb beat guy. We can hope TDM comes back to hockey once he starts.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post

We can agree to disagree. College hockey was archaic compared to what it is in the modern hockey era, or 1992 on. They were dominant from 77-83 and even before then, college hockey was pretty much in its infancy, the best players in North America rarely played college hockey.

The NCAA tournament was only 5 teams in 77. In 83 there were 8 teams and still only 3 Div 1 conferences. Outside of those 6 or 7 years I mention, Wisconsins record says they beat up on weak opponents and are averageish against stiff competition. The years past 83 that I refer too were marked by mostly ok to decent teams that once in a while would hit the jackpot and run the table if they didnt fall on their face (i.e. 99, 13, 14, 21).
        College hockey was turning out pros all the way back in the 60's. They didn't have the numbers or draft picks like today, but guys who played college hockey could and did end up in the pros. Yes, the college hockey playing style/game was different then, but so was the pro hockey game. You can't look with today's metrics/standards on generations past. It was a different era. All sports are like that.

From an outside perspective as someone who loathes anything Badger/Cheesehead related, Wisconsin was considered a tough opponent until a little before the B1G came around. Now, it is still a nice W to beat Wisconsin, especially since they tend to over recruit and try to get players out of Tech they like.

Comment

• Well Im at the game and its a dumpster fire already. Michigan skating circles around Wi D. Moe has been in a shooting gallery and if not for his saves it could easily be 6-1 rt now.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post

We can agree to disagree. College hockey was archaic compared to what it is in the modern hockey era, or 1992 on. They were dominant from 77-83 and even before then, college hockey was pretty much in its infancy, the best players in North America rarely played college hockey.

The NCAA tournament was only 5 teams in 77. In 83 there were 8 teams and still only 3 Div 1 conferences. Outside of those 6 or 7 years I mention, Wisconsins record says they beat up on weak opponents and are averageish against stiff competition. The years past 83 that I refer too were marked by mostly ok to decent teams that once in a while would hit the jackpot and run the table if they didnt fall on their face (i.e. 99, 13, 14, 21).
            You’re wrong. (: I do agree with my long lost friend solovsfett. Wisconsin was elite from the early 70s until the mid-late 90s. Call it what you will after that…but it wasn’t garbage until about 2011-12.
            Last edited by aktick; 02-03-2023, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aktick View Post

You’re wrong. (: I do agree with my long lost friend solovsfett. Wisconsin was elite from the early 70s until the mid-late 90s. Call it what you will after that…but it wasn’t garbage until about 2011-12.
              Aktick! Great to see you posting again

Maybe we can convince Gurtholfin, Eods, JoeyV and a few others to come back?!?!
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Hey Ty how’s that transfer working out for ya??? We’re doing so horribly without you….BOBCAT NATION

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811 View Post
                  Hey Ty how’s that transfer working out for ya??? We’re doing so horribly without you….BOBCAT NATION
                  I'm doing great, thanks for asking! I love going to school at Wisconsin, the academics and the town are a huge improvement over you know where lol. My teammates are a great bunch of guys and the hockey facilities here are way better as well. Take care, Ty.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• This reviewing for a major after the fact and then negating a goal is just abysmal stuff.

Michigan with FIVE goals in the 1st period. Just terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICECAT1811

No one really goes by the name “Timothy”
                      You sound delusional comparing the programs….so you’re a fake profile.
                      You’re drunk. Time to log off for the night.

Comment

• I have an idea. Keep Granato and Osiecki for the remainder of the season. Don’t give the fan base hope (all 200 of them), don’t give recruits hope.

don’t hire a new coach NOW so he can affect change and fire up fans and recruits immediately.

**** on the season ticket holders. All of them. That sounds like a winning idea!!!
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• What the hell happened tonight? WI on the PK 10 times? MI with 8 penalties for 43(!) Minutes?

This one might be worth going back and watching

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                            What the hell happened tonight? WI on the PK 10 times? MI with 8 penalties for 43(!) Minutes?

This one might be worth going back and watching
                            I didn't see the game; but, can't say I'm surprised. I've been watching the Big Ten network games a lot, and Michigan's been on a lot. I believe before this series, they had a streak of taking a major penalty in 6 straight games - they've just been good enough offensively to overcome it. So, you combine their undisciplined play with our own often undisciplined play/generally poor reaction rough play/missed calls, and you have a formula for a lot of special teams play.

Comment

• What are the odds of getting just one more win this year? Maybe steal one against Michigan State?

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Aktick! Great to see you posting again

Maybe we can convince Gurtholfin, Eods, JoeyV and a few others to come back?!?!
                                No promises
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X