Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This news that Bally Sports is near bankruptcy could really put a kink in the ability to watch the Badgers. https://***********/ClayTravis/statu...53551327244289

    Hole keeps getting deeper.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

    EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      This news that Bally Sports is near bankruptcy could really put a kink in the ability to watch the Badgers. https://***********/ClayTravis/statu...53551327244289

      Hole keeps getting deeper.
      Oh my. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

      Comment


      • While Madison.com has left UW hockey for dead, JSOnline has a reporter covering the men's and women's team, Mark Stewart. I encourage everyone to follow him and like/retweet his work to show JSOnline we are indeed interested in his work. @MarkStewartMJS. He is also covering wrestling and women's bb as well.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

        Comment


        • Via twitter, Jim Polzin says Madison.com has posted the bb job opening and Todd is handling that beat until it gets filled. No timetable to fill it, but it has to be a highly sought after job for any up and comer. So there is hope that hockey coverage MAY get back to normal at some point, though I am doubtful or why wouldn't the sports editor just told us that right away weeks ago. Unless they were trying to sneak this by hockey fans or maybe even UW, but they were called out on it. I'd bet the AD called them out.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • It kind of sucks these men's games are on Peacock. At least you can watch the women play on btn plus if you want to.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

            Comment


            • What a dog **** 5 minute major call.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                It kind of sucks these men's games are on Peacock. At least you can watch the women play on btn plus if you want to.
                I was surprised to find these games on Peacock (and not BTN+). I do have Peacock so I can watch Tour De France....... Is it on Peacock because it is at ND?
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

                Comment


                • Originally posted by UCBadger View Post

                  I was surprised to find these games on Peacock (and not BTN+). I do have Peacock so I can watch Tour De France....... Is it on Peacock because it is at ND?
                  Yep. Recent experience with the Gophers would indicate Peacock has some kind of deal with Irish hockey.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

                  Comment


                  • ND has an exclusive TV contract with NBC.

                    Swept by probably the second or third worst team in the big 7. It’s over and the end has to be coming soon for the Granato era.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

                    EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

                    Comment


                    • Fire Gard. Carry on.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                      "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                      "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                      Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        ND has an exclusive TV contract with NBC.

                        Swept by probably the second or third worst team in the big 7. It’s over and the end has to be coming soon for the Granato era.
                        Lets see.......$10.75/month for Badgers only broadcasts on BTN+ or $4.99/month for perhaps all B1G content on Peacock........................................... ...............

                        (I know that is not going to happen, but...........................)
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

                        Comment


                        • Todd did respond on Twitter that he's going back to hockey once the bb spot is filled, though the lack of interest is concerning. Well Todd, hopefully there's a lot of interest and news in a few months. Hang in there buddy.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                          Comment


                          • Just popping in to say it’s sad to see what you guys are talking about. My old man was a season ticket holder from the mid 70s until about 2012. He doesn’t even watch the games anymore when they are on. Neither do I. And Badger hockey was LIFE for me for the first 30 years of my life. Need lots of heads to fall, but I’m not optimistic it’ll happen.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by aktick View Post
                              Just popping in to say it’s sad to see what you guys are talking about. My old man was a season ticket holder from the mid 70s until about 2012. He doesn’t even watch the games anymore when they are on. Neither do I. And Badger hockey was LIFE for me for the first 30 years of my life. Need lots of heads to fall, but I’m not optimistic it’ll happen.
                              Nice to hear from you, old friend. Your story is typical of many fans. Jason King did respond to a poster and told us to hang in there. There is a slim possibility of hope.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Todd did respond on Twitter that he's going back to hockey once the bb spot is filled, though the lack of interest is concerning. Well Todd, hopefully there's a lot of interest and news in a few months. Hang in there buddy.
                                Milewski said there’s a lack of interest? From who? The former fans? The Athletic Department (obviously). ??? I’d like to hear more.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                                "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                                "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                                Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X