Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

It’s bad look fighting high school players.
    As bad or worse than losing to said high school players 6-1?

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

In some respects worse. Team USA is a great team. Their 12-4 or something like that against d1 teams. You lose, you lose. Don’t lose, lack discipline, get chippy, and end up hurting your team the next game too. They were already getting chippy at the end of the second down 1-3. And the third was a train wreck.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
        Despite their winning record against D1 college teams this year, and Brian Posick telling me that there was no shame in losing to high school kids every 5 minutes during the broadcast, I'm still trying to come to grips with the butt kicking handed out Friday evening.
        Did he say anything about the coaches not being on the bench at all for Wisconsin? I could sworn 1 didn't see any one of the 3 regular coaches there.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Did he say anything about the coaches not being on the bench at all for Wisconsin? I could sworn 1 didn't see any one of the 3 regular coaches there.
          Let me look back at the broadcast. I know I saw Winchester on the bench. He’s typically up above with Connelly communicating with the bench.

Edit: it was Granato coaching with Winchester and Connelly. I’m guessing Oz and Brandt were out recruiting since this was an exhibition.
          Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-14-2023, 09:25 PM.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Don’t worry I’m sure the newspaper beat reporter will ask….

Comment

Brian Posick said there’s no shame in losing to these high school kids because they’re all high NHL draft picks.

I can’t fathom being drunk enough to ever even consider a loss like this being anything but a total embarrassment.

I mean, blah blah blah I’m an old timer but once upon a time the Wisconsin Badgers Men’s Hockey team defeated the goddamn U.S. Men’s Olympic Hockey team. But hell that was decades ago so it doesn’t matter anymore.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

In some respects worse. Team USA is a great team. Their 12-4 or something like that against d1 teams. You lose, you lose. Don’t lose, lack discipline, get chippy, and end up hurting your team the next game too. They were already getting chippy at the end of the second down 1-3. And the third was a train wreck.
                The team is unwatchable for me, which is a sad state. I decided to watch the movie Prisoners on Netflix with my roommate over watching the hockey game on Friday.

When you think about it, the team is the exact same character as Granato. Couldn’t properly lead a stud filled Colorado team. Was on the coaching staff for a pretty bad Detroit Red Wings team. Hell, even as a player at UW, they never made the tournament when he was here.

Comment

• ******MISSING PERSON*******
                  Ty Smilanic…..6 ‘0 185 long brown hair

Comment

The team is unwatchable for me, which is a sad state. I decided to watch the movie Prisoners on Netflix with my roommate over watching the hockey game on Friday.

When you think about it, the team is the exact same character as Granato. Couldn’t properly lead a stud filled Colorado team. Was on the coaching staff for a pretty bad Detroit Red Wings team. Hell, even as a player at UW, they never made the tournament when he was here.
                    Yes is seems to have been a mistake to think TG's coaching and motivation could work on college kids when it failed in the NHL. I wonder if BA dug deep and evaluated TG's coaching like you would typically do or was he just smitten with the fact that TG wanted the job and offered it to him. I think it would be fair to say that we as fans did indeed completely overlooked his NHL failings and did not see it as a predictor on the success level at UW. It may have worked if Donnie was still on the staff.
                    Last edited by Timothy A; 01-16-2023, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Yes is seems to have been a mistake to think TG's coaching and motivation could work on college kids when it failed in the NHL. I wonder if BA dug deep and evaluated TG's coaching like you would typically do or was he just smitten with the fact that TG wanted the job and offered it to him. I think it would be fair to say that we as fans did indeed completely overlook his NHL failings and did not see it as a predictor on the success level at UW. It may have worked if Donnie was still on the staff.
                      I think this is a reasonable and correct take and booya's post as well. I feel bad for the kids.

Comment

• I never did get a response from King (and I was cordial in the email as usual). When I questioned Madison.com about eliminating the beat writer, they responded by saying they are sill covering hockey, to which I replied anyone can write a game story from a box score, how about some quotes from players, coaches, human interest stories, quirky stats or performance analysis? My reply got no response, so now I just email them after every game. The U18 game could have had a book written about it. I think irreparable damage has been done. Hope and reality hardly ever cross paths.

Comment

I never did get a response from King (and I was cordial in the email as usual). When I questioned Madison.com about eliminating the beat writer, they responded by saying they are sill covering hockey, to which I replied anyone can write a game story from a box score, how about some quotes from players, coaches, human interest stories, quirky stats or performance analysis? My reply got no response, so now I just email them after every game. The U18 game could have had a book written about it. I think irreparable damage has been done. Hope and reality hardly ever cross paths.
                          I got the same response from madison.com and they will probably lose my subscription if things don't improve.

Comment

I never did get a response from King (and I was cordial in the email as usual). When I questioned Madison.com about eliminating the beat writer, they responded by saying they are sill covering hockey, to which I replied anyone can write a game story from a box score, how about some quotes from players, coaches, human interest stories, quirky stats or performance analysis? My reply got no response, so now I just email them after every game. The U18 game could have had a book written about it. I think irreparable damage has been done. Hope and reality hardly ever cross paths.
                            This is part of what I’m talking about. They DON’T care and it’s at least partly because the AD doesn’t care.

they need to make the statement NOW. Not at season’s end, not in 3 weeks,…NOW!

how much more evidence do we need? The longer this drags out the longer it takes to recover, IF tfe AD even wants men’s hockey anymore.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Went to game tonight because box seats for free. Upper deck is blocked off. Blocked off. Never have I ever. The second floor is a ghost level. Been 3 years since I've been here. Pretty disgusted on every level. Email that stupid f%ck Jason king

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                                Went to game tonight because box seats for free. Upper deck is blocked off. Blocked off. Never have I ever. The second floor is a ghost level. Been 3 years since I've been here. Pretty disgusted on every level. Email that stupid f%ck Jason king
                                Jason King should be fired immediately but…maybe they want to mothball the men’s team. And that’s why King can’t bother to respond to emails and shows no interest in getting coverage for what was once the flag ship team on campus.

they’re 10-13. You know Granato and Osiecki will say they’ve got the next Heatley/Caufield coming in next year in Fink and THAT will be the final piece to get the team winning consistently.

I mean they’ve probably already said it to Mac (and what the hell does he know about hockey anyway) and he probably believes them.

but whatever. I’m going to take control in March of our 6 season tickets so we won’t be renewing (if my Dad keeps them he’d renew). The AD has shown 0 effort and less than 0 ****s to give about men’s hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X