Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
    4 power play goals and give up a shorty in the 3rd. Whipping cream on a pile of sh*t.
    A perfect analogy. Perfect.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Write the paper and let them know your displeasure with no coverage. Use questions@badgerextra.com. TM was in Champaign today.

You can also email Jason King jwk@athletics.wisc.edu
      Emails have been sent. I will report any responses I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I got a response from Jason King on status of the program. I have not yet heard from State Journal / Madison.com.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogity View Post
          There is no point in firing TG in season. After the season the hockey program needs to clean house. The only people that should be retained are equipment staff and people like that. The rest need to seek employment elsewhere!!
          The point would be
          A. Respect for the legacy of Badger Bob. The greatest coach Wisconsin (Badgers) have seen in any sport.
          B. Show the fans the AD cares about the team AND fans.
          C. Show recruits like Aidan Fink Wisconsin is doing EVERYTHING they can to be a top 5 team nationally again.

In football Wisconsin loses to Illinois to fall to 3-2, still a winning record from a coach who was consistently winning 9 games a year and consistently in bowl games. And he was fired.

That’s a precedent that should be a applied to hockey as well. Especially since the standards and expectations for excellence were set and maintained for 30+ years there already.

but McIntosh will go ahead and wait, fire the staff at season’s end , lose Fink, and then what? What’s the plan? Has anyone heard McIntosh has talked to anybody in a position to know hockey, how to find a good coach?

EDIT: has McIntosh even attended a men’s hockey game? Inquiring 37 year season ticket holder wants to know.
          Last edited by solovsfett; 01-10-2023, 06:57 AM.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

The point would be
            A. Respect for the legacy of Badger Bob. The greatest coach Wisconsin (Badgers) have seen in any sport.
            B. Show the fans the AD cares about the team AND fans.
            C. Show recruits like Aidan Fink Wisconsin is doing EVERYTHING they can to be a top 5 team nationally again.

In football Wisconsin loses to Illinois to fall to 3-2, still a winning record from a coach who was consistently winning 9 games a year and consistently in bowl games. And he was fired.

That’s a precedent that should be a applied to hockey as well. Especially since the standards and expectations for excellence were set and maintained for 30+ years there
            These are truly legitimate points that give me some thought that it would be a good idea to make a move now. Previously I did not entertain such thoughts.

I have not had any response yet from Mr. King or the newspapers yet.

Comment

EDIT: has McIntosh even attended a men’s hockey game? Inquiring 37 year season ticket holder wants to know.
              Great question. Everyone is all over King - and rightfully so. However, as far as we know, King may want to make all kinds of changes, and is prevented by McIntosh/his superiors. I honestly wonder if there aren't some people in the athletic department that want to see the hockey program discontinued to funnel more $$$ to football and/or support the needs Title iX women's sports. Someone else may have said it in the past; but, if that was your position, and you wanted to see the team do so poorly they lost support/you had a reason to drop the program - would you be doing anything differently than what McIntosh/they have been doing?

Comment

These are truly legitimate points that give me some thought that it would be a good idea to make a move now. Previously I did not entertain such thoughts.

I have not had any response yet from Mr. King or the newspapers yet.
                I think it’s telling that you’ve received no responses. We’ll see. Maybe Mac caught an earful from some alumni about this travesty.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post

Great question. Everyone is all over King - and rightfully so. However, as far as we know, King may want to make all kinds of changes, and is prevented by McIntosh/his superiors. I honestly wonder if there aren't some people in the athletic department that want to see the hockey program discontinued to funnel more $$$ to football and/or support the needs Title iX women's sports. Someone else may have said it in the past; but, if that was your position, and you wanted to see the team do so poorly they lost support/you had a reason to drop the program - would you be doing anything differently than what McIntosh/they have been doing?
                  I’m so glad you said this. I’ve been musing whether this is all intentional by the AD. Let’s face it, once king Barry arrived the AD put hockey into the attic and it hasn’t been the same since (sure they had 3 great years from 91-94 but since then 3-4 truly great years from 95-22, a 27 year general malaise).

And now? New AD (football guy, oh wait, “I’m not a hockey guy” Jr.) we see “patience” for a coach who’s had 4 losing seasons in 6 years and will have 5 in 7 years, the beat writer moved to basketball, almost no coverage anymore and not even a whiff of concern from McIntosh. Not one solitary bit of evidence he cares whatsoever.

Wisconsin Badger Men’s hockey is the INDYCAR of Wisconsin sports. No-one gives a **** anymore except the 5 posters here and maybe 4-500 diehards who still go to games.

it’s going the way of the Muskie clap and maybe, just maybe, that’s what Mac wants.

Comment

Honesty Timothy. Your just sending emails now? What the f*ck have you all been doing the last few years? F*ck me. Sorry but really. I been emailing these jack offs for years, including the pathetic Mikewski and girl like Polzin.

Complaining on this forum does nothing. Hockey fans are too nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

Honesty Timothy. Your just sending emails now? What the f*ck have you all been doing the last few years? F*ck me. Sorry but really. I been emailing these jack offs for years, including the pathetic Mikewski and girl like Polzin.

I know you didn't realize this, but I have emailed JK many times in the past, including last year.

Comment

I know you didn't realize this, but I have emailed JK many times in the past, including last year.
                        Fact. I know you’ve mentioned it several times over the years.

Many of us have emailed JK. I don’t advertise it often because there’s nothing to report.

I even straight up called the AD and left a message with Respect to dropping season tickets at the end of the Eaves era (we didn’t drop them which was a bad move, my dad wanted to retain them)…

Jason King responded one time. That’s it. A garbage patented AD type response of “we hear you”.

There really is no effort put forth by McIntosh or King to retain season ticket holders whether new or the old timers.

if they read this board I’ll just say this: Badger Bob Johnson deserves better than this. His legacy is untouchable. He’s as big as Vince Lombardi in his field and he accomplished more than Jimmy Johnson. Badger Bob took 2 teams to the Stanley Cup finals (winning with Pittsburgh, losing with Calgary) after winning 3 NCAA championships ( and his last Badger game was a loss in the NCAA championship game, he could have easily had 4 titles). There is nothing but a lack of respect from the Athletic Department in regard to how they’ve treated Men’s Hockey for 30 years now.

Put a statue of Badger Bob out in front of the Kohl Center stat. Fire the staff down to the people who sharpen skates and start a national or even international search for the next Badger Bob. Don’t settle, don’t favor alumni. Get the right coach, period. The standard should be NCAA appearances 7-8x a decade then let the chips fall. But make no mistake, yesterday, today, tomorrow, 25 years from now: Badger Bob Johnson was, is, and will always be the GREATEST Wisconsin Badger Coach of ALL-TIME. Don’t forget that McIntosh or King.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

Lmao, so we are going after fellow badger fans now for not sending emails that get at best cookie cutter responses back??

King should be able to recognize from this team’s lack of success, horrible attendance, and the warning/contract renegotiation (lower buyout) that at the end of this season Granato should be fired. He couldn’t make the tournament and has shown zero improvement as a staff. Gone.

I haven’t sent a single email. I’m probably never going to send an email. That doesn’t make me any more or less of a die hard than you. It just means some of us have more enjoyable things to do with our time than scream into the void.

Comment

• Okay, I'm gonna quick jump out of my normal lurking to let you guys know you prompted me to email Jason King this morning - something I have never done. He responded within an hour:

"Please know that we share a desire for our program to thrive and decisions have been/will be made with that in mind. Please stick with us!"

While it's not a "we're gonna fire TG tomorrow", I think a resonable interpretation is they'll be making changes. IMO that's about as much as anyone can reasonably expect to hear from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
                              Okay, I'm gonna quick jump out of my normal lurking to let you guys know you prompted me to email Jason King this morning - something I have never done. He responded within an hour:

"Please know that we share a desire for our program to thrive and decisions have been/will be made with that in mind. Please stick with us!"

While it's not a "we're gonna fire TG tomorrow", I think a resonable interpretation is they'll be making changes. IMO that's about as much as anyone can reasonably expect to hear from them.
                              Thank you for sharing!

The writing is on the wall. The lower buyout probably doesn’t kick in until after the season is over.

Should be noted that less cost to buyout = more money to find “the next Bob Johnson”

Comment

Wisconsin Badger Men’s hockey is the INDYCAR of Wisconsin sports. No-one gives a **** anymore except the 5 posters here and maybe 4-500 diehards who still go to games.
                                The Indycar parallel is 100% accurate. Indycar was HUGE like UW hockey was, then they split into 2 factions and neither ended up doing much on their own, got back together years later, but the damage was done, people moved on. When you lose interest in something, you replace that interest with something else. You don't sit around and do nothing and wait for that old interest to come back. If it makes a comeback, you've already moved on. The hardcore hockey fans are still there but 65% have moved on. The newspaper has moved on. Will Ballysports move on?

Comment

Working...
                                X