Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 22-23 Empty Dreams & Empty Seats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Was coming here to say you guys could probably do a lot worse than Luke Strand as your next coach. Might not be flashy but a ballsy move to hitch his wagon to Andy Johnson and it paid off.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Was coming here to say you guys could probably do a lot worse than Luke Strand as your next coach. Might not be flashy but a ballsy move to hitch his wagon to Andy Johnson and it paid off.
      I always felt bad for Luke and JB Bittner who came in as assistants under Eaves that last year. They both have been successful since those dark days....
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

      EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

        1. Granato’s one season without Strobel was over .500 and just barely missed the NCAA tournament.
        2. Stramel is a projected top 10 pick.
        3. Jared Moe is a darn good goaltender.
        4. Lindmark and Vorlicky will be back after being injured most of last year.
        5. Brandt ran the special teams at St Norbert, so hopefully these improve.
        6. Brandt as a player was tenacious. Hope he can coach the players to be as tenacious as he was with Licari and Degenhardt.
        1. Donnie was the reason they were as good as they were.
        2. Does he have the supporting cast to shine?
        3. TG will get inside his head with the other dude they signed and he will destroy both's confidence. 100% is going to happen.
        4. Lindmark has never really lived up to the expectations and I'm not a fan of Vorlicky.
        5. Can't refute.
        6. I'm not sure you can coach tenaciousness.

        I'll give you my slice of hope....Dexheimer and Buckburger (and maybe Jugnauth) will transform the back end of the team and the PP. They so need D who can create, not in a puck rushing kind of way, but guys who can deftly and quickly get the puck from D to O. These 3 need to get major minutes, plus Laatsch, Kehrer Ceulmans. Maybe Kehrer can bounce back to his Fr form.

        I don't want to see the 5th yr F's stifle the younger guy's development, which is a concern. Those guys coming back may be a detriment to the improvement of the team, unless Brandt can transform them.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Great article on "Chuck Schwartz" for you old timers like me.

          https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/sta...21429709086723
          Totally awesome to see one of us make it to the bigtime, super cool. Probably a matter of time before he gets a job in the NHL. I'm still waiting for that offer via DM. LOL

          I'd love to see his evaluation of the current roster.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • #50
            Nothing to say other than CONGRATS Chuck.

            Comment


            • #51
              Chuck always had a skill for seeing what players were playing hard and doing the small things.

              Not just on B5Q, but on No Alibis before that and you could always see it in how he talked about current Badgers here.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

              BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


              At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

              Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

              Comment


              • #52
                Canes Ranga's going 7. One Badger is gonna be sad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no Badgers left in the west? MCR's Av's are in the conference finals. I've never liked that team. Edmonton's dark uni's are not good looking at all. Yuck. Not a fan of Carolina's darks either.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                Comment


                • #53
                  Ranga's advance. Bolts Ranga's is an interesting match-up.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                    If a guy with NHL coaching experience can't figure out how win with these guys (and a former D1 H/C on the staff), I'm not sure how Brandt can. TG needs to give him full reign and just stay out of the way. Maybe since he's younger he can relate/communicate better and find the right way to push the button. Watts is your hope meter number?
                    It is worth noting that Brandt left his position as head coach/GM of a winning ECHL franchise for the opportunity to work under Tim Coghlin at SNC. Side note: with the retirement of Jerry York, Coghlin is now the active all-time NCAA wins leader, and he’s done that at a school that only plays 25 regular season games per year, and he’s not even 60 years old yet.

                    Hoping for nothing but success for Brandt and UW.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by altazo View Post

                      It is worth noting that Brandt left his position as head coach/GM of a winning ECHL franchise for the opportunity to work under Tim Coghlin at SNC. Side note: with the retirement of Jerry York, Coghlin is now the active all-time NCAA wins leader, and he’s done that at a school that only plays 25 regular season games per year, and he’s not even 60 years old yet.

                      Hoping for nothing but success for Brandt and UW.
                      I would have been ok if Brandt had been named H/C. I don't know how much he will feel he can push his viewpoint against 2 coaches who are much more experienced or be allowed to stamp his viewpoints into the systems or will he just lay down and be the obedient 3rd guy and run TG's program and then get fired with the other 2 next year?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Canes Ranga's going 7. One Badger is gonna be sad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no Badgers left in the west? MCR's Av's are in the conference finals. I've never liked that team. Edmonton's dark uni's are not good looking at all. Yuck. Not a fan of Carolina's darks either.


                        TIMSTER, I fixed your post,"MCR's Av's are in the STANLEY CUP final". I've been waiting 20 friggin years, and have been a good soldier since being a fan of the "NORDIQUES de QUEBEC". Forsberg, Sakic, Goulet, the Stastny's, and those gorgeous uniforms.
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-09-2022, 08:32 PM.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

                        "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

                          TIMSTER, I fixed your post,"MCR's Av's are in the STANLEY CUP final". I've been waiting 20 friggin years, and have been a good soldier since being a fan of the "NORDIQUES de QUEBEC". Forsberg, Sakic, Goulet, the Stastny's, and those gorgeous uniforms.
                          Well, I'm in the Bolt's corner, so it's a little inter WI fan rivalry.....it would be awesome for Elliott to get his name on the cup. Go Bolts.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                            Well, I'm in the Bolt's corner, so it's a little inter WI fan rivalry.....it would be awesome for Elliott to get his name on the cup. Go Bolts.
                            Same. Being a Wild fan, I’m almost obligated to hate Colorado. Watching them win a Cup would be like watching the gophers win an NCAA championship.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Els is the only reason I’m good with Tampa winning again.

                              Dude was casually cast aside because of a “hot hand” backup several times over his career. He’s deserved better, and even if it means getting his name on a cup without playing in the playoffs, that’s okay.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

                              BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


                              At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

                              Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

                                Same. Being a Wild fan, I’m almost obligated to hate Colorado. Watching them win a Cup would be like watching the gophers win an NCAA championship.
                                Not even fucking close.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

                                "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X