• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

The point would be
    A. Respect for the legacy of Badger Bob. The greatest coach Wisconsin (Badgers) have seen in any sport.
    B. Show the fans the AD cares about the team AND fans.
    C. Show recruits like Aidan Fink Wisconsin is doing EVERYTHING they can to be a top 5 team nationally again.

In football Wisconsin loses to Illinois to fall to 3-2, still a winning record from a coach who was consistently winning 9 games a year and consistently in bowl games. And he was fired.

That’s a precedent that should be a applied to hockey as well. Especially since the standards and expectations for excellence were set and maintained for 30+ years there
    These are truly legitimate points that give me some thought that it would be a good idea to make a move now. Previously I did not entertain such thoughts.

I have not had any response yet from Mr. King or the newspapers yet.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Originally posted by Doogity View Post
    There is no point in firing TG in season. After the season the hockey program needs to clean house. The only people that should be retained are equipment staff and people like that. The rest need to seek employment elsewhere!!
    The point would be
    A. Respect for the legacy of Badger Bob. The greatest coach Wisconsin (Badgers) have seen in any sport.
    B. Show the fans the AD cares about the team AND fans.
    C. Show recruits like Aidan Fink Wisconsin is doing EVERYTHING they can to be a top 5 team nationally again.

In football Wisconsin loses to Illinois to fall to 3-2, still a winning record from a coach who was consistently winning 9 games a year and consistently in bowl games. And he was fired.

That’s a precedent that should be a applied to hockey as well. Especially since the standards and expectations for excellence were set and maintained for 30+ years there already.

but McIntosh will go ahead and wait, fire the staff at season’s end , lose Fink, and then what? What’s the plan? Has anyone heard McIntosh has talked to anybody in a position to know hockey, how to find a good coach?

EDIT: has McIntosh even attended a men’s hockey game? Inquiring 37 year season ticket holder wants to know.
    Last edited by solovsfett; 01-10-2023, 06:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Emails have been sent. I will report any responses I get.
    I got a response from Jason King on status of the program. I have not yet heard from State Journal / Madison.com.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Write the paper and let them know your displeasure with no coverage. Use questions@badgerextra.com. TM was in Champaign today.

You can also email Jason King jwk@athletics.wisc.edu
    Emails have been sent. I will report any responses I get.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
    4 power play goals and give up a shorty in the 3rd. Whipping cream on a pile of sh*t.
    A perfect analogy. Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Doogity
    replied
    There is no point in firing TG in season. After the season the hockey program needs to clean house. The only people that should be retained are equipment staff and people like that. The rest need to seek employment elsewhere!!

Leave a comment:

• digitalbooya
    replied
    Not gonna lie, I was worried they might have changed after the break. Still on course for Granato to be fired.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Write the paper and let them know your displeasure with no coverage. Use questions@badgerextra.com. TM was in Champaign today.

Man…I’d write Jason King but… what would I say? Please resign tomorrow? I think the situation is beyond our ability to affect change. There’s only a few hundred people who care about Badger Men’s hockey anymore and that’s not enough to exert the pressure needed to bring changes. I honestly don’t think the AD cares whether hockey attendance ever increases back to where it should be.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Until the power play barrage that was the most listless effortless lazy performance I have seen all year. A chance to get a 2 game winning streak going and they come out and absolutely an egg. TG has no idea how to motivate these players.
    Agree. And we had ND fans right behind us. Not fun.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Until the power play barrage that was the most listless effortless lazy performance I have seen all year. A chance to get a 2 game winning streak going and they come out and absolutely an egg. TG has no idea how to motivate these players.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied
    Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
    The 'run' is over. The keystone cops are in the lineup tonight. Down 4-0 at the end of 1 with ND missing a penalty shot. Of course this clusterf*ck is on B10 network so I can see this debacle of a team.
    They had zero effort in the first two periods and really it was ND taking penalties that got them in trouble in the third. All four goals on the PP. Tony readily admitted it on the radio after the game.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied

Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-07-2023, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
    Probably the most complete Defensive game the Badgers played all year thus far. Really did a good job with the foreccheck and clogging the shooting lanes and the slot. Moe made the saves he needed to.

I'm frustrated with Ceulemans. Granted, they were due for a cheapo goal for once, but those aren't the ones to start chirping at the opposing team on. Unsportsmanlike, but I understand the game is intense.

Wisconsin State Journal has jettisoned hockey coverage, and it's relatively apparent. Unversity sshould definitely make a phone call to the editors there. Esp since TM remains the editor for USCHO.

Plugged in the "what if machine" and if WI would have simply split their sweeps against Ohio St, Goofers, and Michigan St....they'd be 13 in PW. Brutal, but that's the price you pay. My fear is that they'll go on a run and TG will save his job.
    And people think McIntosh gives a **** about hockey?

it’s inexcusable for the main paper in town to not cover the hockey team. And more inexcusable for the AD to do nothing about it.

Fire Jason King and Tony Granato tomorrow.

If Oseicki can’t at least go .500 for the remainder of the season fire Oseicki and Brandt the morning after the final game.

Leave a comment:

• srkbadger
    replied
    4 power play goals and give up a shorty in the 3rd. Whipping cream on a pile of sh*t.

Leave a comment:

• srkbadger
    replied
    I guess the 2nd was better since they only gave up 1 when they flubbed a clear from in front of the net and ND scored.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X