X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiscTJK
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Did he say anything about the coaches not being on the bench at all for Wisconsin? I could sworn 1 didn't see any one of the 3 regular coaches there.
    Don’t worry I’m sure the newspaper beat reporter will ask….

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied

Did he say anything about the coaches not being on the bench at all for Wisconsin? I could sworn 1 didn't see any one of the 3 regular coaches there.
    Let me look back at the broadcast. I know I saw Winchester on the bench. He’s typically up above with Connelly communicating with the bench.

Edit: it was Granato coaching with Winchester and Connelly. I’m guessing Oz and Brandt were out recruiting since this was an exhibition.
    Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-14-2023, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
    Despite their winning record against D1 college teams this year, and Brian Posick telling me that there was no shame in losing to high school kids every 5 minutes during the broadcast, I'm still trying to come to grips with the butt kicking handed out Friday evening.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied
    Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post

As bad or worse than losing to said high school players 6-1?
    In some respects worse. Team USA is a great team. Their 12-4 or something like that against d1 teams. You lose, you lose. Don’t lose, lack discipline, get chippy, and end up hurting your team the next game too. They were already getting chippy at the end of the second down 1-3. And the third was a train wreck.

Leave a comment:

• digitalbooya
    replied
    Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

It’s bad look fighting high school players.
    As bad or worse than losing to said high school players 6-1?

Leave a comment:

• srkbadger
    replied
    Despite their winning record against D1 college teams this year, and Brian Posick telling me that there was no shame in losing to high school kids every 5 minutes during the broadcast, I'm still trying to come to grips with the butt kicking handed out Friday evening.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied
    I looked up the box score. Bantle had 5 penalties total. Three minors with two being roughing and kneeing, the fighting major and a ten minute misconduct. Oof. That’s ugly. Against kids in high school.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Horbach runs the goalie. Bantle loses his cool after getting a push to the helmet and starts throwing haymakers. Chases USA player to the bench. No discipline.
    It’s bad look fighting high school players. But hey. Mac, if you’re “I’m not a hockey guy” jr. Attitude prevails you could set a record and eventually have men’s hockey games with 0 attendance. That would be kinda cool right? No need to have staff show up to sell anything? Complete moron.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied

It was a pretty rough goal tender interference... Not just an oops play.
    Horbach runs the goalie. Bantle loses his cool after getting a push to the helmet and starts throwing haymakers. Chases USA player to the bench. No discipline.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied
    I wonder of is in btn+ on replay. I might have to see the fighting major. What a bunch of dopes

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Yeah I caught the rough stuff on the radio re goaltender interference and Posick was getting incredibly pollyanish. I know it’s his job but this is why I loved Howie and Bill Brophy they would be a bit more on point about what’s really happening.

ugh.
    It was a pretty rough goal tender interference... Not just an oops play.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

The 3rd period was nothing short of embarrassing
    Yeah I caught the rough stuff on the radio re goaltender interference and Posick was getting incredibly pollyanish. I know it’s his job but this is why I loved Howie and Bill Brophy they would be a bit more on point about what’s really happening.

ugh.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Posick REALLY tried to put a positive spin on the loss. Jesus. They got steamrolled.
    The 3rd period was nothing short of embarrassing. Down 3 to 1 they were out shot 18 8 and took dumb penalties that basically took away any chance to try to win.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 01-13-2023, 09:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Posick REALLY tried to put a positive spin on the loss. Jesus. They got steamrolled.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    I don't think any of the regular coaches are on the uw bench.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X