X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiscTJK
    replied
    Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post

The empty seats are pretty depressing. Even Phil gave up.

I dropped my Saturday tickets last year, and it's been a challenge getting excited for the Friday games lately. In fairness, for some reason the home Friday games have actually been decent this season.

Definitely on the fence for next year.
    To be fair, it's health issues for Phil. Hey Guy is still there. I still go both nights, but it's really not what it used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Buck 'em
    replied
    Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Oof, attendance is awful this year.
    The empty seats are pretty depressing. Even Phil gave up.

I dropped my Saturday tickets last year, and it's been a challenge getting excited for the Friday games lately. In fairness, for some reason the home Friday games have actually been decent this season.

Definitely on the fence for next year.

Leave a comment:

• digitalbooya
    replied
    I’ll buy season tickets next year if they fire the whole staff and bring in a proven winner. Give me some intrigue. I believe I haven’t been to a game since Duluth back in 2019. I used to go to every Saturday Minnesota game, but honestly it was getting tiring losing by 4+ every time. Minnesota made the change from Lucia to Motzko and it turned out great for them. Why not us? Granato to Hastings. Get it done.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Oof, attendance is awful this year. I think those of us that have attended games have seen this first hand, but this is confirmation.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...26826550960130

https://madison.com/sports/college/h...d64e583f0.html
    On tv it looks even worse.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied
    Oof, attendance is awful this year. I think those of us that have attended games have seen this first hand, but this is confirmation.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...26826550960130

https://madison.com/sports/college/h...d64e583f0.html

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    EDIT: a poster on b5q mentioned a bunch of hockey sites are getting shut down
    Wait, what? Which ones?

I missed this comment from earlier

Leave a comment:

• druzy192
    replied
    Originally posted by GoBucky18 View Post
    The nepotism between the State Journal amd UW programs is pretty awful. Polzin, Lucas, and Baggot are the worst offenders. It has become just a giant tornado of self conratulatory back patting. There are no hard questions and people like Milewski were put on an island being dared to ask tough questions. There is zero accountability for the programs.
    I feel like Tom Oates would call this b.s. out. Some of his columns back in the day were a little out there (in my opinion), but he at least seemed to write what he wanted and not have his b*lls in a vice by UW.

Leave a comment:

• FLHockeyMom
    replied
    Originally posted by TJ77 View Post
    A little distraction from all the depression.

Just saw on the TV news here in Appleton, this story about the Rafalski family. Matt is a defensemen playing for the Green Bay Gamblers and Danny is the Strength and Conditioning coach for the Gamblers. Brian said this is the first year since retiring that he is not coaching. Did a quick search and could not find where he has coached. Their hometown is listed as Waupaca.

https://fox11online.com/sports/local...cy-to-gamblers
    I recall seeing Brian coach Matt's team when they were in Florida, but below is the history per Brian's EP page:

TEAM STAFF HISTORY

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Well, it doesn't really pay to bury one's self in negativity, so you will be a much happier person with the cord cut, and I don't blame you at all. I won't lament about the past, it's behind me. I am hopeful for the future that on March 6th the sun will crack over the horizon. If not, I will ponder going black as well.
    Exactly. FWIW, we heard from a source in Madison the same thing I read about Gard being on the hot seat if they don’t make the dance.

the same source said they “think” Granato is gone but no rumors about it in his orbit.

I tell ya this much, that Badger fund $ saved will buy some damn nice vacations

Leave a comment:

• TJ77
    replied
    A little distraction from all the depression.

Just saw on the TV news here in Appleton, this story about the Rafalski family. Matt is a defensemen playing for the Green Bay Gamblers and Danny is the Strength and Conditioning coach for the Gamblers. Brian said this is the first year since retiring that he is not coaching. Did a quick search and could not find where he has coached. Their hometown is listed as Waupaca.

https://fox11online.com/sports/local...cy-to-gamblers

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    The Gard story was from another forum. I can’t verify it. But, if true it’s just another brick in the wall.

i won’t be at games going forward. I won’t watch on btn, etc. I’m done with the program for the foreseeable future.

IF and only IF they make a home run hire and have about 3-4 20+ win seasons consecutively I may start watching again. But that’s a hell of long shot considering the state of the program.
    Well, it doesn't really pay to bury one's self in negativity, so you will be a much happier person with the cord cut, and I don't blame you at all. I won't lament about the past, it's behind me. I am hopeful for the future that on March 6th the sun will crack over the horizon. If not, I will ponder going black as well.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I don't buy firing Gard for 1 minute. Nothing says IF they fire Gard, they can't fire TG as well. I also don't think King is going anywhere, so be prepared to have him be around and let's just hope they hire a decent replacement.
    The Gard story was from another forum. I can’t verify it. But, if true it’s just another brick in the wall.

i won’t be at games going forward. I won’t watch on btn, etc. I’m done with the program for the foreseeable future.

IF and only IF they make a home run hire and have about 3-4 20+ win seasons consecutively I may start watching again. But that’s a hell of long shot considering the state of the program.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    So…the rumor is McIntosh is not happy with basketball and is preparing to fire Gard if they miss the tournament.

IF true, that tells me most of us are right. Chris McIntosh doesn’t give a good damn about Badger Men’s Hockey And remaining season ticket holders need to exert pressure not just to fire Granato but to fire King and McIntosh for abjectly failing to turn hockey around when they had every chance to do so. And this means hockey fans who are season ticket holders in basketball and football should not renew to follow through and exert more pressure on the Athletic Department. At a time where they need money, don’t renew. It’s the only vote that matters to them.

we’ve reached our decision in our family. Hockey and football tickets will NOT be renewed. King and McIntosh have only themselves to blame for this.
    I don't buy firing Gard for 1 minute. Nothing says IF they fire Gard, they can't fire TG as well. I also don't think King is going anywhere, so be prepared to have him be around and let's just hope they hire a decent replacement.

Leave a comment:

• Doogity
    replied
    It's just depressing to think about how far this program has fallen. It sure would be nice if some of the prominent hockey alumni would stand up and express their displeasure with the programs direction. Someone with some weight needs to apply some kind of pressure.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    So…the rumor is McIntosh is not happy with basketball and is preparing to fire Gard if they miss the tournament.

IF true, that tells me most of us are right. Chris McIntosh doesn’t give a good damn about Badger Men’s Hockey And remaining season ticket holders need to exert pressure not just to fire Granato but to fire King and McIntosh for abjectly failing to turn hockey around when they had every chance to do so. And this means hockey fans who are season ticket holders in basketball and football should not renew to follow through and exert more pressure on the Athletic Department. At a time where they need money, don’t renew. It’s the only vote that matters to them.

we’ve reached our decision in our family. Hockey and football tickets will NOT be renewed. King and McIntosh have only themselves to blame for this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X