BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Got my annual before the season call from one of the players, thanking me for my support, etc. etc. etc. I let it go to voicemail. I'm assuming those were live so if I answered the phone, I could have had a chat. Ha! I really should do that next time. Freshman Lachlan Getz was my caller. Never heard of him. I had to check out the roster to see who he was. Did anyone else get one of those?
    You could have given him the old "what Lachlan wants, Lachlan Getz" routine :-)
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Got my annual before the season call from one of the players, thanking me for my support, etc. etc. etc. I let it go to voicemail. I'm assuming those were live so if I answered the phone, I could have had a chat. Ha! I really should do that next time. Freshman Lachlan Getz was my caller. Never heard of him. I had to check out the roster to see who he was. Did anyone else get one of those?
      Ethan Phillips-nice conversation

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post

Hopefully a new president that cares.
        Brownie cares
        brownie cares to lop off a bunch of frozen four tickets when the times comes for himself to hand out - **** the terrior points system.

buh bye brownie

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Mark Divver on Twitter

BU coach Jay Pandolfo on team identity he's looking for:
          “I want it to be back to when I played at BU. We always had talent and skill, but we always competed really hard and were hard to play against ... That’s the biggest thing, to be hard to play against every single night"

More on the thread

A starting point to build upon. Hockey East Media Day is tomorrow.
          Last edited by Rogie21; 09-12-2022, 08:27 PM.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• BU has been ranked either 2nd or 3rd from Hockey East coaches poll. I thought they were 3rd, but hockey east website says 2nd (I'm assuming multiple people I've seen on twitter are right and hockey east guy messed it up). Either way, were voted 2nd last year so doesn't mean too much.

https://hockeyeastonline.com/men/art...ens-league.php

Comment

• Anyone going to the Red-White scrimmage on Saturday? I'm assuming parking in the garage will be free?

Comment

Anyone going to the Red-White scrimmage on Saturday? I'm assuming parking in the garage will be free?

The email notice says "More information about the event and parking will be shared prior to the event." BTW, it's the "Scarlet & White Scrimmage." Thought you'd have had that right. :-) See you there.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Has anyone seen any recruit class rankings for this years freshmen? I'm curious to know how we stack up. I would assume we'd be top 7 or so, given the 3 draft picks and Lane Hutson being projected to be an even bigger impact player in college than is typical for an NHL second-rounder.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Has anyone else tried the ticket exchange yet this year? Am I the only one seeing that "account credit" not longer a payout option for tickets sold? It looks like the only payout option now is "checking account deposit". I'm not sure I want to give Ticketmaster my social security number, back account number etc etc. Ugh. I liked being able to sell a few tickets knowing I'd get that credited towards next seasons bill.
                    Last edited by ericredaxe; 09-14-2022, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Has anyone seen any recruit class rankings for this years freshmen? I'm curious to know how we stack up. I would assume we'd be top 7 or so, given the 3 draft picks and Lane Hutson being projected to be an even bigger impact player in college than is typical for an NHL second-rounder.
                      Neutralzone has BU at 9th in this years recruiting class, but that is because we only have 6 incoming freshman, second lowest is 8 freshman of the teams higher. We have the highest "star average" recruits as NZ has BU's average star rating at 4.21/5 (second highest is MN at 4.14/5). They use the star average and number of recruits to get the ranking. For instance, in 2019 BU had 13 freshman, the most of any school, and were ranked the #1 recruiting class. Even though they weren't all top quality, it still came above other programs since we had more incoming freshmen.

Other HE programs in front of BU are
                      - BC at 4 (9 recruits, 4.08/5 star average)
                      - Uconn at 5 (12 recruits, 3.79/5 star average)
                      - Umass at 6 (8 recruits, 4.3/5 star average)
                      - NU at 8 (10 recruits, 3.8/5 average)

BU is at 9 (6 recruits, 4.21/5 average)
                      Last edited by hydrant; 09-15-2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Has anyone else tried the ticket exchange yet this year? Am I the only one seeing that "account credit" not longer a payout option for tickets sold? It looks like the only payout option now is "checking account deposit". I'm not sure I want to give Ticketmaster my social security number, back account number etc etc. Ugh. I liked being able to sell a few tickets knowing I'd get that credited towards next seasons bill.
                        Depending on how many tickets you are selling you might want to make sure they are not going to send you a 1099 if you are taking the cash.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Depending on how many tickets you are selling you might want to make sure they are not going to send you a 1099 if you are taking the cash.
                          I think that is the whole point of wanting to get your info... so they can send you a 1099. I don't sell that many tickets and am not looking to make a profit, but schedule wise I typically am unable to attend 1/3 to 1/2 of the games and it is nice to recoup a few bucks for tickets that would otherwise go unused.

Any tickets I have sold in the past, they just applied that as credit towards my account, so I'd pay a bit less the next year for the season tickets.

This year it seems the only option is to have it direct deposited into a checking account, and you are forced to give them your checking account number, routing number, as well as your social security number, none of which I want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

They will only send you a 1099k if your transactions exceed $600
                            It is also my understanding you can deduct your costs-
                            Stubhub has been using this form for a few years as some states were already taxing those sold for a profit

Comment

• So "Account Credit" is once again listed as a payment option for selling tickets. Good to see. Not sure if someone else brought this up to the ticket office or if it was a random glitch that it was not listed earlier this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post

They will only send you a 1099k if your transactions exceed $600
                                It is also my understanding you can deduct your costs-
                                Stubhub has been using this form for a few years as some states were already taxing those sold for a profit
                                I could definitely be wrong, but last year I sold one ticket via Account Manager. Sold it for around $45 for a BC game. I had to give Ticketmaster my taxpayer info before they would pay me. And now that I think about it, I can't even remember how I got paid.
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X