No announcement yet.

BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU's biggest question mark will be the defense. Losing Vlasic and Camplieto. Bringing in Hutson, Getz, Jarman from injury. Lost arguably our best defender. Hopefully we don't struggle too much against the heavy teams in our own zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

I was surprised to see that our friends up the street aren't on that list.
      How about your friends from across the Fens?

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post

How about your friends from across the Fens?
        They're #7 on his list.

Comment

• And Harvard at #6. If Bucci's predictions hold up, the 2023 Beanpot will be beyond insane.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
            BU's biggest question mark will be the defense. Losing Vlasic and Camplieto. Bringing in Hutson, Getz, Jarman from injury. Lost arguably our best defender. Hopefully we don't struggle too much against the heavy teams in our own zone.
            I’m a bit more optimistic about a D corps that returns four starters and three experienced back-ups. LD Hutson and RD Jarman are the likely new starters. While the physical opposite of Vlasic, Hutson brings an exceptional skill set that should boost the offense. Jarman has more size and plays more physically than Campolieto, but has just 19 games of D1 experience.

6’6” Copeland dressed for 18 of 35 games last year, although many were as an extra defenseman. With improved skating, can he play a bigger role? Then there’s the curious case of 6’4” LD Jack Page who arrived in January from the NJ Rockets and then dressed just once. He’s nearly 21. Is he simply a depth guy like Driscoll or is there greater potential down the road?
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

I’m a bit more optimistic about a D corps that returns four starters and three experienced back-ups. LD Hutson and RD Jarman are the likely new starters. While the physical opposite of Vlasic, Hutson brings an exceptional skill set that should boost the offense. Jarman has more size and plays more physically than Campolieto, but has just 19 games of D1 experience.

6’6” Copeland dressed for 18 of 35 games last year, although many were as an extra defenseman. With improved skating, can he play a bigger role? Then there’s the curious case of 6’4” LD Jack Page who arrived in January from the NJ Rockets and then dressed just once. He’s nearly 21. Is he simply a depth guy like Driscoll or is there greater potential down the road?
              McCarthy reminds me of Chris Kelleher. Good all around, maybe not as offensive minded as others (in Chris' case, Jon Coleman), but a guy who you can rely on in critical defensive situations but also put out on the PP. I see him being a key to the fortunes of this team.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Will McDonough who recently committed to Harvard - is he the grandson of the late Globe columnist, Will McDonough?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  Will McDonough who recently committed to Harvard - is he the grandson of the late Globe columnist, Will McDonough?
                  Sean McDonough apparently has no children, but his father had two other sons.

An earlier post suggesting 2024 recruit Cal Hughes is related to Montreal GM Kent Hughes is correct. According to an NEHJ article, Cal is the cousin of NU forwards Riley Hughes and Jack Hughes. Their dad, Kent, reports to Jeff Gorton, whose son Jack is a 2023 BU recruit. Cal was coached with the NJ Colonials by Kent's brother, Ryan, who played for Cornell in the early '90 and suited up for the Bruins in three games.

Comment

• BU has announced the six-man freshman class via Twitter
                    Also that last year's practice goalie, Patrick Schena, will be on the roster as the third goalie. He has ACHA 2 and NCAA 3 experience.
                    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...patrick-schena

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Sean McDonough apparently has no children, but his father had two other sons.

An earlier post suggesting 2024 recruit Cal Hughes is related to Montreal GM Kent Hughes is correct. According to an NEHJ article, Cal is the cousin of NU forwards Riley Hughes and Jack Hughes. Their dad, Kent, reports to Jeff Gorton, whose son Jack is a 2023 BU recruit. Cal was coached with the NJ Colonials by Kent's brother, Ryan, who played for Cornell in the early '90 and suited up for the Bruins in three games.
                      This gives some insight into the other brothers, with early 1980s connections to the Amontes and UNH player Frank Messina, whose sister was killed in the car accident.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gh-tells-story

Messina, her younger brother, Frankie, and his best friend, Rocco Amonte, were the last passengers picked up and would be in the car only for an estimated two minutes. Frankie and Rocco were dispatched to the cargo area in the rear of the car, along with the remaining bottles of beer in the case.
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Matt Brown deals, Mike Sullivan extended by Pens

Comment

• Officially one month till first game. Expecting big things this year. Senior year for the 13 Freshmen that came in 19-20 (minus Zegras, Vlasic, Mastro, Boguslavsky, Abel) (Plus O'brien, Brown). Can't recall a BU team with this many upperclassmen. Am I crazy for saying this is THE year? Not saying that this is the best roster we've seen, but the age excuse can't apply to BU this year. Obviously, need scoring from up front. Last 3 seasons a defenseman has lead team in scoring(Farrance, Farrance, Fensore) and in 18-19 Fabbro was second leading scorer. Albie effect? Can't recall a first line that was impactful since Greenway- Melanson-Tkachuk, maybe Curry-Zegras-Harper, but they were split up because no production from other lines. Hopefully, we can have a couple ppg players.
                          Last edited by hydrant; 09-01-2022, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                            Officially one month till first game. Expecting big things this year. Senior year for the 13 Freshmen that came in 19-20 (minus Zegras, Vlasic, Mastro, Boguslavsky, Abel) (Plus O'brien, Brown). Can't recall a BU team with this many upperclassmen. Am I crazy for saying this is THE year? Not saying that this is the best roster we've seen, but the age excuse can't apply to BU this year. Obviously, need scoring from up front. Last 3 seasons a defenseman has lead team in scoring(Farrance, Farrance, Fensore) and in 18-19 Fabbro was second leading scorer. Albie effect? Can't recall a first line that was impactful since Greenway- Melanson-Tkachuk, maybe Curry-Zegras-Harper, but they were split up because no production from other lines. Hopefully, we can have a couple ppg players.
                            I think we need to remember that the excellent recruiting news obviously doesn't impact this season. That said, I agree that this team should be improved - but I wouldn't say this is THE year. Yes, having so many upperclassmen is a rarity and should help. As should a pretty strong freshman class. The big question for me is - does the new coaching staff help guys like Stevens and Zabaneh realize their potential. We see flashes of brilliance, but not that next step to consistent high level of play. Even someone as talented as JOB wasn't consistent enough. Will there be any mid-season departures over playing time? I think it will be a bad sign if we see that from younger guys, since Pandolfo emphasized his goal of finding guys that are willing to stick it out when all doesn't go well. But I am optimistic that we won't have much if any of that.

Looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out. Less than a month away!
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

I think we need to remember that the excellent recruiting news obviously doesn't impact this season. That said, I agree that this team should be improved - but I wouldn't say this is THE year. Yes, having so many upperclassmen is a rarity and should help. As should a pretty strong freshman class. The big question for me is - does the new coaching staff help guys like Stevens and Zabaneh realize their potential. We see flashes of brilliance, but not that next step to consistent high level of play. Even someone as talented as JOB wasn't consistent enough. Will there be any mid-season departures over playing time? I think it will be a bad sign if we see that from younger guys, since Pandolfo emphasized his goal of finding guys that are willing to stick it out when all doesn't go well. But I am optimistic that we won't have much if any of that.

Looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out. Less than a month away!
                              Did not mean it as in this is THE year where we are the favorites etc. Just meant that with all this upperclassmen, it feels that this this season could somewhat be a waste if not successful if that makes sense. With all the seniors being gone next year as well as Commesso most likely, next year will be a whole different team. Obviously not ideal to be looking at next season, but this team is pretty much all veterans.

Comment

• I'm confused by this series of recent posts. You do remember that these players all kind of suck, right? Our goalie is good. We have two decent defensemen. Have any forwards besides Skoog scored more than 10 goals? I think the best we can hope for is a team that isn't awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X