No announcement yet.

BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU just landed Macklin Celebrini. Brother of recruit Aiden Celebrini. Tendered with the Chicago Steel for upcoming season. Potential Top 5 pick in 2024 draft. Woohoo

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
      BU just landed Macklin Celebrini. Brother of recruit Aiden Celebrini. Tendered with the Chicago Steel for upcoming season. Potential Top 5 pick in 2024 draft. Woohoo
      Puck Preps @PuckPreps 14m
      Boston University continues their incredible week by landing the top recruit available, Macklin Celebrini out of Shattuck. Celebrini is our #1 ranked skater in the 2006 class and will play for the @ChicagoSteel this coming season. Just an incredible week for the Terriers.

Younger brother of D Aiden Celebrini who committed last month. Despite being one of the youngest on Shattuck 18U Prep, led the team with 117 points. 50 goals.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Puck Preps @PuckPreps 14m
        Boston University continues their incredible week by landing the top recruit available, Macklin Celebrini out of Shattuck. Celebrini is our #1 ranked skater in the 2006 class and will play for the @ChicagoSteel this coming season. Just an incredible week for the Terriers.
        As I recall we were all told about Coach O'Connell's recruiting prowess but he was clueless when it came to actually having to coach a team on the ice. I'm glad BU had the change, but they gambled by going with another former player without any head coaching experience. It's going to take more than getting some top recruits to make me believe they made the right choice.

Sean
        Last edited by Sean Pickett; 08-05-2022, 05:25 AM.
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• We could see Celebrini as early as 23-24. Apparently he's accelerating classes. If that's the case he'd be 17 years old his whole freshman season, being a June birthday. Came down to BU and Wisconsin. Glad he chose BU.

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/79...klin-celebrini

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            As I recall we wee all told about Coach O'Connell's recruiting prowess but he was clueless when it came to actually having to coach a team on the ice. I'm glad BU had the change, but they gambled by going with another former player without any head coaching experience. It's going to take more than getting some top recruits to make me believe they made the right choice.

Sean
            this should be pinned to the top of the thread.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Anybody else hearing that Eiserman is leaning towards BU? If that happens, might be the best BU class ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post
                Anybody else hearing that Eiserman is leaning towards BU? If that happens, might be the best BU class ever.
                https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/202...-watch-part-i/

This came out July 27th "Word on the street is that Boston University is the front-runner". Playing with Celebrini past two seasons should only help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post
                  Anybody else hearing that Eiserman is leaning towards BU? If that happens, might be the best BU class ever.
                  Certainly right up there, although technically, if Macklin accelerates (as one outlet indicated he might), then he wouldn't come in with the rest of the guys that are declaring this week. If Eiserman commits to BU, I would assume he wouldn't be looking to accelerate since he is going the USNTDP route which is clearly a two-year thing. Come to think of it, if Celebrini is as good as advertised and ends up as a Top 5 pick in the 2024 draft, that could mean that they wouldn't actually play together at BU. But I guess the optimist in me would say that maybe Celebrini would want to come back for a sophomore season to play with his former teammate. I know, this is getting a little ahead of things...

But back to the class, IIRC, Quinn's first recruiting group included 4 guys that one could have argued were the top 2 forwards and top 2 d-men available: Keller, Bellows, Fabbro, and Krys. But I don't recall who the other top guys were that year.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Certainly right up there, although technically, if Macklin accelerates (as one outlet indicated he might), then he wouldn't come in with the rest of the guys that are declaring this week. If Eiserman commits to BU, I would assume he wouldn't be looking to accelerate since he is going the USNTDP route which is clearly a two-year thing. Come to think of it, if Celebrini is as good as advertised and ends up as a Top 5 pick in the 2024 draft, that could mean that they wouldn't actually play together at BU. But I guess the optimist in me would say that maybe Celebrini would want to come back for a sophomore season to play with his former teammate. I know, this is getting a little ahead of things...

But back to the class, IIRC, Quinn's first recruiting group included 4 guys that one could have argued were the top 2 forwards and top 2 d-men available: Keller, Bellows, Fabbro, and Krys. But I don't recall who the other top guys were that year.
                    A) Hopefully Celebrini will want to spend another year with his brother and stay more than one year

B) Oettinger was the other star freshman coming in, although Harper was the pleasant surprise of the class

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Lord knows mookie listened to his dad at that age!!
                      Didn't we all?? While some father's and son's at that age have a relationship where dad has positive influence. But there are plenty of others where junior is going to do the exact opposite of what pops wants simply because it is what pops wants. Some kids are hell-bent on demonstrating that they made the decision themselves, even if it is a bad one and they know it.
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        As I recall we were all told about Coach O'Connell's recruiting prowess but he was clueless when it came to actually having to coach a team on the ice. I'm glad BU had the change, but they gambled by going with another former player without any head coaching experience. It's going to take more than getting some top recruits to make me believe they made the right choice.
                        Sean
                        A very valid point. On-ice results will determine the wisdom of BU’s choice, which has been widely applaud in the hockey community—as has been the staff Jay has assembled. The newly committed recruits, except possibly M. Celebrini, are two years away. Right now, with an experienced senior-heavy squad and a top-drawer goalie, we’ll be looking for on-ice success from the start. Pandolfo says he wants BU to play fast and be a “hard team to play against.” The pieces are there. Let’s see what he and his staff can deliver.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        Quinn’s first recruit class was actually the ’15-’16 group. He and Greeley recruited McAvoy, Greenway and JFK, while Carpenter committed just prior to Quinn’s appointment. Ryan Cloonan was in that class too—actually had 4 goals, 14 points as a freshman.

RE: Celebrini possibly accelerating, the only other 17-year-old BU freshmen I can recall are Jack Eichel, Chris Heron and (thanks, buoldtimer) Jay Pandolfo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

A very valid point. On-ice results will determine the wisdom of BU’s choice, which has been widely applaud in the hockey community—as has been the staff Jay has assembled. The newly committed recruits, except possibly M. Celebrini, are two years away. Right now, with an experienced senior-heavy squad and a top-drawer goalie, we’ll be looking for on-ice success from the start. Pandolfo says he wants BU to play fast and be a “hard team to play against.” The pieces are there. Let’s see what he and his staff can deliver.

Quinn’s first recruit class was actually the ’15-’16 group. He and Greeley recruited McAvoy, Greenway and JFK, while Carpenter committed just prior to Quinn’s appointment. Ryan Cloonan was in that class too—actually had 4 goals, 14 points as a freshman.

RE: Celebrini possibly accelerating, the only other 17-year-old BU freshmen I can recall are Jack Eichel, Chris Heron and (thanks, buoldtimer) Jay Pandolfo.
                          I think I got Quinn's classes mixed up perhaps because of timing of commitment vs. actual time of enrollment. I feel like the thinking was that Keller was the first commit of the Quinn/Greeley partnership (maybe he said so at the Roundtable one year?).
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• 2022 World Juniors (begun last winter, then cancelled) has begun in Edmonton and, for just the 2nd time since 2008, there is no Terrier on the US Jr. National Team. Commesso won his only start last December before the cancellation. He elected not to participate this summer and is focused on his junior season.

In 2017, the US gold-medal team had six Terriers (Bellows, Greenway, Harper, Keller, McAvoy, Oettinger). Fabbro played for Canada that year.

Chris Peters has projected Hutson and Gallagher making the 2023 squad. Ryan Greene, who was at Canada’s camp, is a candidate for their 2023 team.
                            https://goterriers.com/documents/2020/3/16//1920_mih_world_juniors.pdf?id=12346

Comment

• BU got a commitment from 06 Callum "Cal" Hughes. Believe he might have a relation to Kent Hughes but not 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                                BU got a commitment from 06 Callum "Cal" Hughes. Believe he might have a relation to Kent Hughes but not 100%.
                                No relation. He's from NJ, played for Mount Saint Charles last year, expected to play for them again this year. He was a finalist for the NTDP team this year but didn't make the cut. Really good player. Was taken in the 2nd round of the USHL draft this year by Waterloo. Expect another year at MSC and then headed to Waterloo

Comment

Working...
                                X