BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Seems like a solid start to the new regime's pipeline development. Hopefully we get at least one more of the top guys.
    Cole Hutson commits, another top recruit, another U17 d-man. We've come a long way from the rumors of at least Quinn decommitting after the Pandolfo announcement!
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Cole Hutson commits, another top recruit, another U17 d-man. We've come a long way from the rumors of at least Quinn decommitting after the Pandolfo announcement!
      Hutson #3 (there are four), very small like Lane, is headed to the U17s with Bednarik. Led the NJ Avalanche 16U in goals (20) assists and points (62). Led the AYHL in assists and points and broke Adam Fox’s record for points by a defenseman. More information on Keefe and Bednarik on the blog.

I suspect the new management isn't finished.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• I think is is encouraging that the highly regarded coach of NU decided that BU was the proper place for his son. Another indication BU got it right with the staff
        Also have to remember with all those juniors and seniors on team there is an option to return for an extra year with the covid exception. Could affect a small number of them

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          Agree. Expecting a couple more to be honest being a brand new staff. Have to wonder what the recruits from the Albie, Pearl, Quesnelle are thinking. Most cases when there is a brand new staff they tend to somewhat overrecruit and leave the guys already committed in the shadows or rescind their offers. Saw recently when Umass hired Carvel, UVM with Woodcroft, and Maine with Barr. I believe Carvel's second year had a roster of mainly freshmen. Most times it's for the better, unless you lose the highly regarded recruits.

Lastarza, Musa, Lachance, Castro, Harvey, Fine, Grimes, and Roukounakis all committed when it was Albie, Pearl, Quesnelle.

Side note I would not think too much of this. If they didn't want to come to BU they would have decommitted already. Still, interesting to see if they all will be on campus next year.
          Last edited by hydrant; 08-02-2022, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
            I think is is encouraging that the highly regarded coach of NU decided that BU was the proper place for his son. Another indication BU got it right with the staff
            Don’t throw you shoulder out as you pat yourself on the back.
            Jerry Keefe didn’t decide that bu was the proper place for his son to play. The boy and his father decided that his son might benefit if he played for someone other than Dad, someone a different coaching style. At the same time, the boy wants to play in the Beanpot. That left just two choices Bu and BC. Either you won the coin toss, or they simply chose the devil (coach) they knew better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post

Don’t throw you shoulder out as you pat yourself on the back.
              Jerry Keefe didn’t decide that bu was the proper place for his son to play. The boy and his father decided that his son might benefit if he played for someone other than Dad, someone a different coaching style. At the same time, the boy wants to play in the Beanpot. That left just two choices Bu and BC. Either you won the coin toss, or they simply chose the devil (coach) they knew better.
              I think DLG was only referring to BU over options other than NU, since prior posts had referred to the fact that it is pretty common for a kid to play somewhere other than for his dad (Eaves, Lucia, etc.). We obviously don't know what all went into the decision, but he clearly wouldn't have ended up at BU if there wasn't confidence that they have put a good coaching staff together. So given the way the post-Quinn years have gone to date, yes, there is a little bit of basking going on. :-)
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

...prior posts had referred to the fact that it is pretty common for a kid to play somewhere other than for his dad (Eaves, Lucia, etc.). We obviously don't know what all went into the decision...
                Right, so assuming it was dad that made the decision is pretty insulting to the player.

bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Sour grapes from two different people? I think all people are trying to say is that the NU coach's kid coming to BU means it's not a s**t show, and that players are expected to develop at BU, else a college coach would steer his kid elsewhere. Can we at least have that?

Unless you're implying that BU is a s**t show and that players won't develop, but the kid insisted on being a Terrier...

Comment

• I think today's events set a new bar for a program that is a true ****show.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by AllstonChristmas View Post
                      Sour grapes from two different people? I think all people are trying to say is that the NU coach's kid coming to BU means it's not a s**t show, and that players are expected to develop at BU, else a college coach would steer his kid elsewhere. Can we at least have .
                      That is a far more sensible conclusion than “assuming” that the father made the decision.

Comment

I think DLG was only referring to BU over options other than NU, since prior posts had referred to the fact that it is pretty common for a kid to play somewhere other than for his dad (Eaves, Lucia, etc.). We obviously don't know what all went into the decision, but he clearly wouldn't have ended up at BU if there wasn't confidence that they have put a good coaching staff together. So given the way the post-Quinn years have gone to date, yes, there is a little bit of basking going on. :-)
                        It's no secret that player development hasn't been a strength at BU in recent seasons. On top of Pandolfo's years in development with the Bruins, his hiring of skating/skills guru Brandvold signaled a change for the better that's been noticed.

Originally posted by hydrant View Post
                        Lastarza, Musa, Lachance, Castro, Harvey, Fine, Grimes, and Roukounakis all committed when it was Albie, Pearl, Quesnelle.
                        Correcting my earlier comment about BU being among the youngest teams in 2023-24, of these 8 recruits, all will be 20 upon arrival except for Fine (18) and LaStarza (19).

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

mookie hopes they make sure the hot dogs stay hot!!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post

That is a far more sensible conclusion than “assuming” that the father made the decision.
                            Right but don’t you think that if the dad really didn’t think his son was going to be in a good place that he would strongly steer him in a different direction?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Right but don’t you think that if the dad really didn’t think his son was going to be in a good place that he would strongly steer him in a different direction?
                              Lord knows mookie listened to his dad at that age!!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                I think today's events set a new bar for a program that is a true ****show.
                                And yet they keep recruiting all that high-end talent. It just doesn't seem fair or consistent with what we think SHOULD happen. I know I have the popcorn at the ready to see how this one plays out.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X