No announcement yet.

BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Tuch added to US Junior National Evaluation Camp that begins on the 24th. He joins Ty Gallagher and Lane Hutson on the roster. Tuch was recently at Montreal's development camp, along with Hutson.

https://goterriers.com/news/2022/7/1...tion-camp.aspx
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Is Lane Hutson delaying a year? The snippet from The Hockey Writers would seem to indicate that…. And this isn’t the only reference I’ve seen.

From The Hockey Writers:
      Montreal Canadiens Draft Lane Hutson 62nd Overall

July 8, 2022 by Shawn Wilken With the 62nd pick of the 2022 NHL Entry Draft, the Montreal Canadiens have selected Lane Hutson from the USNTDP Juniors of the United States Hockey League (USHL)

About Lane Hutson

…..“Despite the aforementioned otherworldly talents, Hutson still needs to gain a few pounds of muscle to compete with the tougher competition in the NCAA when he joins Boston University in 2023-24. Even though he’s elusive and gets the puck and himself out of trouble more often than not, he will need to hold his own when bigger, more physical forwards like Matthew Tkachuk come in on the forecheck and try to bully him into submission. Knowing him and his work ethic and problem-solving abilities, he will probably deal with that in due course though.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
        Is Lane Hutson delaying a year? The snippet from The Hockey Writers would seem to indicate that…. And this isn’t the only reference I’ve seen.

No. A lot of people assume he is because that's what it says on his elite prospects . He did announce in his draft press (cannot find the video) that he will be attending BU in the fall.

Comment

• Yeah somehow word was floating around before the draft that he wasn't coming until next year. Which is why he got the question in the presser "where will you be playing this season" to which he responded that he would be at BU. I think he has shown he is ready for the college game...
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Yeah somehow word was floating around before the draft that he wasn't coming until next year. Which is why he got the question in the presser "where will you be playing this season" to which he responded that he would be at BU. I think he has shown he is ready for the college game...
            As hydrant posted, Elite Prospects, which hockey writers rely on, had Hutson listed as a 2023 arrival. Hence those erroneous reports. Heisenberg has it right on his recruit page. NHL Draft: Hutson | NHL.com

Lane's arrival should really enhance BU's power play, adding another high-end playmaker to a unit that already has Fensore, who led HE in assists by a defenseman. Guessing that the D pairs might be Fensore-McCarthy and Hutson-Gallagher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

As hydrant posted, Elite Prospects, which hockey writers rely on, had Hutson listed as a 2023 arrival. Hence those erroneous reports. Heisenberg has it right on his recruit page. NHL Draft: Hutson | NHL.com

Lane's arrival should really enhance BU's power play, adding another high-end playmaker to a unit that already has Fensore, who led HE in assists by a defenseman. Guessing that the D pairs might be Fensore-McCarthy and Hutson-Gallagher.
              Going to be interesting to see who the 3rd pairing will be. Cade Webber is an obvious first choice, but on the right side is it Copeland, Jarman, or other incoming defenseman Getz? Copeland played well last year, but I wouldn't say I have all the confidence in him. Same with Jarman, although he was out last year. I was never too fond of Jarman during his freshman season. All prayers for Getz to be the man!

Comment

• A very early take on potential line combos / D-pairings might be:

Tuch - O'Brien - Phillips
                Brown - Skoog - Peterson
                Wilmer - Stevens - Greene
                Armstrong - Zabaneh - Kaplan
                Amonte - Q. Hutson - Carrabes

Fensore - Gallagher
                L. Hutson - McCarthy
                Webber - Jarman
                Driscoll - Getz / Copeland

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                  A very early take on potential line combos / D-pairings might be:

Brown - Skoog - Peterson

Fensore - Gallagher
                  L. Hutson - McCarthy
                  Webber - Jarman
                  It's hard for me to not see Carrabes higher up- Showed last year that he is one of very few actual scorers on team
                  Assume new staff will help improve him on defensive end
                  The other real mystery is why Zabaneh has struggled to score- Elite skating and did well in USHL

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                    A very early take on potential line combos / D-pairings might be:

Brown - Skoog - Peterson

Fensore - Gallagher
                    L. Hutson - McCarthy
                    Webber - Jarman
                    I think Greene will be a center just because I feel that's what BU has lacked the last couple years. Wouldn't be surprised to see Zabaneh and Armstrong be somewhat of odd men out (substitute with Carrabes and Q.Hutson). Last year some games Zabaneh was the extra forward (when there were no injuries) and seemed like odd man out then. Personally, I would rather see Zabaneh than Stevens. Stevens is supposed to be the "defensive center", but I don't think he's good defensively. The king of looks like he's trying but doesn't produce. Clearly, I am not a huge Stevens fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydrant View Post

I think Greene will be a center just because I feel that's what BU has lacked the last couple years. Wouldn't be surprised to see Zabaneh and Armstrong be somewhat of odd men out (substitute with Carrabes and Q.Hutson). Last year some games Zabaneh was the extra forward (when there were no injuries) and seemed like odd man out then. Personally, I would rather see Zabaneh than Stevens. Stevens is supposed to be the "defensive center", but I don't think he's good defensively. The king of looks like he's trying but doesn't produce. Clearly, I am not a huge Stevens fan.
                      Agree on Greene, a tall, right-shot center. His NHL draft profile focuses on tenacious defense, speed and playmaking ability. Also strong at the dot. Fun fact: he won 62% of his draws against Logan Cooley. Will need a finisher on his wing.

Disagree on Stevens, who was best among BU's primary centers on faceoffs (54%) and showed increased offensive results, including a goal off a faceoff that made SC’s Top 10.

Comment

• Grier is hiring Quinn.

https://sanjosehockeynow.com/san-jos...ach-confirmed/

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Have single game seats gone on sale yet?

And now San Jose’s GM, head coach and head coach of their AHL head coach are Terrier National Champions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Agree on Greene, a tall, right-shot center. His NHL draft profile focuses on tenacious defense, speed and playmaking ability. Also strong at the dot. Fun fact: he won 62% of his draws against Logan Cooley. Will need a finisher on his wing.

Disagree on Stevens, who was best among BU's primary centers on faceoffs (54%) and showed increased offensive results, including a goal off a faceoff that made SC’s Top 10.
                            Agree on Stevens. He's a decent all-around player, and a third center on a good team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                              Surprised no frozen fenway for BU this year
                              Good.

Been there, done that. No reason to do it again.
                              As much as I Fenway love for a baseball game, it is a terrible place to watch a hockey game.

I suppose it would be worth going to a Frozen Fenway if you have never been to one, for the novel experience. But otherwise, no.

Comment

• That first one was kind of magical. At night, a light snowfall, the two previous national champions. You can't really beat that so why try?

Comment

Working...
                                X