BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Quinn might be a better fit for some of the young guys, but from what I heard, he wasn't exactly letting them all get ice time in NY. And I was one of the guys that was a little concerned about his x's and o's during his tenure at BU. I would personally prefer Leach, Montgomery, or that Penguins assistant whose name just emerged this morning. I actually don't think Quinn is getting the job. I feel like everyone jumped on the report that he had a second interview and that morphed into "everyone is saying he's the favorite" even though others were getting second interviews too.

Bowers and JFK - two guys who would have benefitted from one, if not two more years at BU (and BU would have benefitted as well).

Ashton Abel - good luck. I feel a little bad for the kid. He came in, looked like a savior, until Northeastern showed he couldn't stop high shots. And he never recovered.

Wilmer - definitely has the potential to be a high scoring 4 year player. Let's hope that is what he is.
    Bowers benefitted from skating on a line with Greenway and Tkachuk as a freshman.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
      ... and GM who can't draft to save their lives, bad contracts, etc.
      Who just got extended...yuck

Comment

• did mookie see correctly that umd’s coach innerviewed as well for b’s job??
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          did mookie see correctly that umd’s coach innerviewed as well for b’s job??
          Maybe they'll interview Parker and York next

Comment

• Cassidy was not the problem. Therefore, whomever they hire to replace him will not be the solution.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Bowers benefitted from skating on a line with Greenway and Tkachuk as a freshman.
              IIRC, it was Drew Melanson on the 1st line w/ Greenway (playing out of position at Center) and Tkachuk. Bowers centered the 2nd line w/ Harper (before his illness) and Bobo. Cockerill moved up to that line once Harper was out.

Comment

• Drew Melanson was the best grad transfer ever!!!! Sorry, had to get that out there.

So, now I'm hearing a rumor that Jim Montgomery is rumored to be getting the Bruins job, not Quinn. Hmmmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Drew Melanson was the best grad transfer ever!!!! Sorry, had to get that out there.

So, now I'm hearing a rumor that Jim Montgomery is rumored to be getting the Bruins job, not Quinn. Hmmmmm.
                  Well, Montgomery is more qualified than Quinn at both the collegiate and NHL levels so I would be in favor of that. Provided he's gotten his act together off the ice anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Drew Melanson was the best grad transfer ever!!!! Sorry, had to get that out there.
                    Especially in March that year. Scored just six goals that year, but four were in post-season tournaments.
                    Boston University vs. Providence - 2018 Hockey East Championship - YouTube

BU will host the NTDP U18s on Saturday, Nov. 26
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                      IIRC, it was Drew Melanson on the 1st line w/ Greenway (playing out of position at Center) and Tkachuk. Bowers centered the 2nd line w/ Harper (before his illness) and Bobo. Cockerill moved up to that line once Harper was out.
                      Over the course of the season BU started 73 different line combinations. Melanson dressed for 38 games; of those he played right wing (all on the first line) in 21 games; he played left wing in 2 games; and he played center in 15 games. Here are the line combinations:

Line Games Left Wing G A Pts Center G A Pts Right Wing G A Pts LG LA LPts
                      F1 17 Brady Tkachuk 7 8 15 Jordan Greenway 7 14 21 Drew Melanson 4 8 12 18 30 48
                      F1 2 Hank Crone 1 1 Bobo Carpenter 1 1 2 Drew Melanson 2 2 1 4 5
                      F1 2 Brady Tkachuk 1 1 Bobo Carpenter 1 1 Drew Melanson 1 1 2
                      F2 2 Drew Melanson 1 1 Shane Bowers 1 1 Bobo Carpenter 1 1 2
                      F3 3 Patrick Curry 1 1 Drew Melanson 1 1 Ty Amonte 1 1 1 2 3
                      F3 1 Chase Phelps Drew Melanson 1 1 Ty Amonte 1 1 1 1 2
                      F3 2 Logan Cockerill Drew Melanson Nikolas Olsson 2 2 0 2 2
                      F3 1 Logan Cockerill Drew Melanson Patrick Curry 0 0 0
                      F3 1 Nikolas Olsson Drew Melanson Ty Amonte 0 0 0
                      F3 1 Nikolas Olsson Drew Melanson Logan Cockerill 0 0 0
                      F3 1 Nikolas Olsson Drew Melanson Chase Phelps 0 0 0
                      F4 1 Nikolas Olsson Drew Melanson Patrick Curry 0 0 0
                      F4 1 Logan Cockerill Drew Melanson Nikolas Olsson 0 0 0
                      F4 1 Logan Cockerill Drew Melanson Chase Phelps 0 0 0
                      F4 1 Chase Phelps Drew Melanson Nikolas Olsson 0 0 0
                      F4 1 Drew Melanson Nikolas Olsson 0 0 0

Shane Bowers dressed for 38 games, all at center and all but two on the second line:

Line Games Left Wing G A Pts Center G A Pts Right Wing G A Pts LG LA LPts
                      F1 1 Brady Tkachuk Shane Bowers 1 1 Patrick Harper 1 1 0 2 2
                      F2 12 Logan Cockerill 2 5 7 Shane Bowers 5 6 11 Bobo Carpenter 9 3 12 16 14 30
                      F2 9 Logan Cockerill 3 4 7 Shane Bowers 4 4 8 Patrick Harper 3 7 10 10 15 25
                      F2 4 Brady Tkachuk 4 4 Shane Bowers 4 4 Patrick Harper 5 2 7 9 6 15
                      F2 2 Logan Cockerill 1 2 3 Shane Bowers 3 3 Hank Crone 3 3 4 5 9
                      F2 2 Patrick Harper 2 2 Shane Bowers 1 1 Jordan Greenway 3 3 0 6 6
                      F2 2 Logan Cockerill 1 1 2 Shane Bowers 1 1 Brady Tkachuk 2 2 1 4 5
                      F2 2 Drew Melanson 1 1 Shane Bowers 1 1 Bobo Carpenter 1 1 2
                      F2 1 Jordan Greenway 1 1 Shane Bowers Hank Crone 0 1 1
                      F2 2 Brady Tkachuk Shane Bowers Hank Crone 0 0 0
                      F3 1 Brady Tkachuk Shane Bowers Patrick Harper 1 1 0 1 1

Sean
                      Last edited by Sean Pickett; 06-30-2022, 06:31 PM.
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Apparently it's Montgomery. per Joe McDonald on Twitter. IMO the best choice out of the ones that have been mentioned (Quinn, Leach, Vellucci)

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Well, Montgomery is more qualified than Quinn at both the collegiate and NHL levels so I would be in favor of that. Provided he's gotten his act together off the ice anyway...
                          I agree with that but can't help but think as a recently recovered alcoholic Boston has to be one of the worst jobs the guy can take. Terrible team management and no shortage of knuckleheads amongst the fans and the local media.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

Well, Sean has the numbers, so I’m wrong, wrong, wrong. This is what happens when you grow old. You forget line combos and have no idea who the Alex Coopers of the world are.

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Jay Octeau died. : ( https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...jborSZ2Xp7xiOQ
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• First announced recruit under the "new management" is 6'1" Canadian RD Aiden Celebrini, a late '04 who played for Shattuck's Prep Team last season (2-30-32). Taken by Lincoln in the USHL draft and made the all-star game at the Stars' main camp this weekend. Younger brother, Macklin, is a top '06, tendered by Chicago Steel.

https://twitter.com/NHLFoley/status/...utJAgA4uD_crAw
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X