X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/conroyherald/sta...671681024?s=12

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      I was just reviewing the 2017 NHL Draft (Cale Makar FTW!). Shane Bowers. Oooof.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2017e.html
      Yeah, unfortunately Bowers' pro career hasn't exactly materialized. It wasn't really a stretch that Bowers was a late 1st-round pick. His Freshman year certainly backed up his draft status and one could envision him turning into a solid NHL player with some more growth/development at BU.

He & Albie didn't see eye-to-eye, hence his early departure. But between leaving too soon and injuries, his pro career just hasn't panned out.

Comment

• Speaking of the draft, here are the incoming freshmen ranked by Bob McKenzie, which is usually a good barometer of about where they'll be drafted:

40 - Lane Hutson
        59 - Ryan Greene
        67 - Devin Kaplan

I'm optimistic about this year's class, including those who aren't ranked here. Seems like even the highest ranked guys above are going to stick around a while.

https://www.tsn.ca/juraj-slafkovsky-...king-1.1818585

Comment

• Atlantic hockey schedule posted today

Bentley at BU Sat Oct 1st--non-conference game = not exhibition game

Comment

• Felger (BU alum) ROASTED this news. (Hates the hire. What has he ever won? Not wrong.) He even brought up the gambling allegations on the 2015 team. Too funny

BU Hockey: UMass Alums >>>> BU Alums. : )
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Felger (BU alum) ROASTED this news. (Hates the hire. What has he ever won? Not wrong.) He even brought up the gambling allegations on the 2015 team. Too funny

BU Hockey: UMass Alums >>>> BU Alums. : )
              I enjoy Zolak and Hardy so I listen to the 10-2 show. One of their lunatic callers, Jake in Boston, called yesterday about how David Quinn is single and something about how Alex Cooper was at BU at the same time Quinn was. He never fully connected the dots but this guy is a world class sports talk show caller if you know what I mean. He then hinted at the gambling aspect of the way BU lost to Providence although he never mentioned Nick Roberto by name. Wasn't Roberto in some trouble for gambling on other NCAA sports? I forget all the details.

I will say that the news of Quinn potentially being the guy is not going over well with Bruins fans. Almost universally hated. I'm not that passionate about who they hire since they never should have fired Cassidy to begin with. So the new coach is fighting an uphill battle in that regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I enjoy Zolak and Hardy so I listen to the 10-2 show. One of their lunatic callers, Jake in Boston, called yesterday about how David Quinn is single and something about how Alex Cooper was at BU at the same time Quinn was. He never fully connected the dots but this guy is a world class sports talk show caller if you know what I mean. He then hinted at the gambling aspect of the way BU lost to Providence although he never mentioned Nick Roberto by name. Wasn't Roberto in some trouble for gambling on other NCAA sports? I forget all the details.

I will say that the news of Quinn potentially being the guy is not going over well with Bruins fans. Almost universally hated. I'm not that passionate about who they hire since they never should have fired Cassidy to begin with. So the new coach is fighting an uphill battle in that regard.
                IMO that is a strong overstatement. With that said, Quinn had his share of detractors in the BU Hockey community (especially those who felt alienated by the changes he made to Friends of BU Hockey and how he handled relationships with older alums, donors, etc.).

Within the context of the B's coaching search, hiring Quinn would be a downgrade compared to Cassidy, so I agree that whomever the B's hire will be fighting an uphill battle.

Comment

• It's not an overstatement at all. Maybe you talk to people who are enthused about Quinn but that is not the case with the masses on social media etc.

Comment

• Even media members who tend not to be critical of the team don't seem to be on board. Ty Anderson comes to mind. But, it might not just a Quinn thing. If they hire Jay Leach it might end up being a similar reaction from Bruins fans. Maybe they're just all ****ed off about firing Cassidy to begin with.

Comment

Okay, I'm a much older guy. I investigated a bit into who Alex Cooper is; I still don't know or understand. Apparently, she's wildly popular. Can someone assist, please?
                      Last edited by buoldtimer; 06-29-2022, 09:59 AM.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Okay, I'm a much older guy. I investigated a bit into who Alex Cooper is; I still don't know or understand. Apparently, she's wildly popular. Can someone assist, please?
                        I think this is on a tee for Mookie to address!

Comment

I think this is on a tee for Mookie to address!
                          While mookie has no insight on this non-Asian tart, mookie did attend hs with Zolak and known him since 8th grade
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Dave Quinn is about as good as the B's can do among the current candidates for the job. Let's face it, Bruins head coach is a **** job, and no one with other prospective offers would take it. Terrible owner, clueless team president and GM who can't draft to save their lives, bad contracts, etc.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by AllstonChristmas View Post
                              Speaking of the draft, here are the incoming freshmen ranked by Bob McKenzie, which is usually a good barometer of about where they'll be drafted:

40 - Lane Hutson
                              59 - Ryan Greene
                              67 - Devin Kaplan

I'm optimistic about this year's class, including those who aren't ranked here. Seems like even the highest ranked guys above are going to stick around a while.

https://www.tsn.ca/juraj-slafkovsky-...king-1.1818585
                              Jeremy Wilmer, who turns 19 in August, is draft eligible, too, but likely a late-round pick despite being the USHL's top forward. The others in the 2022 class are already 20: RWs Quinn Hutson and Jack Gorton and LD Lachlan Getz.

BU will need a third goalie since Ashton Abel has transferred to MacEwen University in Alberta. He had been in the NCAA portal.
                              https://www.macewangriffins.ca/sport...20220525k5pj01
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Quinn might be a better fit for some of the young guys, but from what I heard, he wasn't exactly letting them all get ice time in NY. And I was one of the guys that was a little concerned about his x's and o's during his tenure at BU. I would personally prefer Leach, Montgomery, or that Penguins assistant whose name just emerged this morning. I actually don't think Quinn is getting the job. I feel like everyone jumped on the report that he had a second interview and that morphed into "everyone is saying he's the favorite" even though others were getting second interviews too.

Bowers and JFK - two guys who would have benefitted from one, if not two more years at BU (and BU would have benefitted as well).

Ashton Abel - good luck. I feel a little bad for the kid. He came in, looked like a savior, until Northeastern showed he couldn't stop high shots. And he never recovered.

Wilmer - definitely has the potential to be a high scoring 4 year player. Let's hope that is what he is.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X