No announcement yet.

BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The team that Chris Drury built is moving on to the next round...

Thus endth any BU storylines for the NHL playoffs in 2022.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

2022 recruit Jeremy Wilmer named USHL Forward of the Year. His 98 point are third most ever in a single season since the USHL became a Tier 1 junior league. His 73 assists are the most ever. At 5'6" 155 lbs., can he be an impact player?
      https://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/1227508

Three 2022 recruits were invited to the NHL Scouting Combine: 5'8" LD Lane Hutson (ranked #25 among N.Americans) , 6'1" RC Ryan Greene (#46) and 6'3" RW Devin Kaplan (61).
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        2022 recruit Jeremy Wilmer named USHL Forward of the Year. His 98 point are third most ever in a single season since the USHL became a Tier 1 junior league. His 73 assists are the most ever. At 5'6" 155 lbs., can he be an impact player?
        https://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/1227508

Three 2022 recruits were invited to the NHL Scouting Combine: 5'8" LD Lane Hutson (ranked #25 among N.Americans) , 6'1" RC Ryan Greene (#46) and 6'3" RW Devin Kaplan (61).
        BU has quite a number of smaller recruits (as expected) Going to be interesting in the future with all these small players likely on the same team. As well as this list, Cole Hutson (Lane and Quinn's brother) just made the national team and is around 5'5 130 lbs and has a great chance to end up at BU. Imagine a team with 3 defenseman under 150lbs!

22-23
        Lane Hutson 5'9 148lbs (was 5'6 last year) Defense
        Jeremy Wilmer 5'6 155lbs

23-24 (Expected)
        Jack Musa 5'9 155lbs
        Kai Janviriya 5'7 143lbs Defense
        Ryan Fine 5'7 183lbs

Comment

Brandvold officially aboard as assistant coach. Pando's staff appears to be complete. Staff shown on roster page.
          https://goterriers.com/news/2022/6/2...ant-coach.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by hydrant View Post

BU has quite a number of smaller recruits (as expected) Going to be interesting in the future with all these small players likely on the same team. As well as this list, Cole Hutson (Lane and Quinn's brother) just made the national team and is around 5'5 130 lbs and has a great chance to end up at BU. Imagine a team with 3 defenseman under 150lbs!

22-23
            Jeremy Wilmer 5'6 155lbs

23-24 (Expected)
            Jack Musa 5'9 155lbs
            Ryan Fine 5'7 183lbs
            NHL.com draft profile: Hutson emerging as physical presence despite small stature

"Lane is so elusive and crafty with the puck," Central Scouting senior manager David Gregory said. "He invites pressure because he knows with his mobility and puck skills, he can avoid defenders and create offense. Despite being undersized he competes hard and is not afraid to play the game in traffic. High-end vision and an ability to process quickly allow him to see opportunities that other players don't."

Comment

Originally posted by hydrant View Post

22-23
              Jeremy Wilmer 5'6 155lbs

23-24 (Expected)
              Jack Musa 5'9 155lbs
              Ryan Fine 5'7 183lbs
              While it is nice to be able to point to all the BU guys in the NHL, I would gladly trade more program success for less guys in the show. Jeremy (don't call me Skoog) Wilmer could be a good case study. Passed over in the draft, he had a great year on the USHL. Could be a 4 year dynamic player for the Terriers.

It also appears that the early report of Quinn Hutson changing his mind about coming to BU were not accurate (or maybe Pandolfo convinced him to still come?). Either way, I'm pleased that Legault appears to be the only recruit casualty. (though I must admit, I take it a little personally since his dad was making an impact on Comm Ave while I was there.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Sooooo, the Bruins relieved Bruce Cassidy of his head coaching duties. Why? I don't know. But now the speculation begins for his replacement. Think the B's take a look at David Quinn?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Sooooo, the Bruins relieved Bruce Cassidy of his head coaching duties. Why? I don't know. But now the speculation begins for his replacement. Think the B's take a look at David Quinn?
                  Pando odds?? 20-1 :-)

and why hire DQ? Wasn’t he fired for being a **** as nyr coach? Who needs that??
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Pando odds?? 20-1 :-)

and why hire DQ? Wasn’t he fired for being a **** as nyr coach? Who needs that??

I think you could make a strong argument that Jeff Gorton and Quinn has the Rangers on the right path and were let go because of
                    terrible ownership group having no patience
                    Obviously with this years results things are looking rosy for them

Comment

• Fluto, BU guy, mentioned Quinn. Not what I want as a Bruins fan but then again I want Cam Neely gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post

I think you could make a strong argument that Jeff Gorton and Quinn has the Rangers on the right path and were let go because of
                        well why WAS The door opened for DQ to exit there?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post

Drury has made a strong case for NHL Exec of the Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            If Barry Trotz is available, he'd be a great choice. He's probably want to be coach and GM, so he could control a re-build which, given the current state of the roster, is now very much due.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Fluto, BU guy, mentioned Quinn. Not what I want as a Bruins fan but then again I want Cam Neely gone.
                              If the Bruins are going into a full rebuilding mode, Quinn would be a good choice. Not sure why he would want to do that again.

Sweeney is making Chiarelli look like Sam Pollock by comparison. He has been awful. Terrible drafter.

What makes Neely qualified to run a franchise? Iconic player, but ... Did he even graduate from high school? Education is not everything, but ...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Fluto, BU guy, mentioned Quinn. Not what I want as a Bruins fan but then again I want Cam Neely gone.
                                Me too. But think about it. If Neely fires Sweeney it’s an indictment on himself and then he might be gone too. Better to deflect the blame…

Comment

Working...
                                X