BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Love the part about how Fr. Leahy consulted the previous BC president on who to hire. The previous president died 5 years ago.

Comment

I have heard the story about Brown and York sit down from someone who ought to know, itbut I guess JY was a little sensitive about talk of retirement. I am sure Leahy looked to the heavens to channel Fr. Monan, I would do that too. He was a giant for BC and incredibly well respected in the Boston community.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Love the part about how Fr. Leahy consulted the previous BC president on who to hire. The previous president died 5 years ago.
        Divine intervention from those crazy Sunday school Jesuits.
        Last edited by Harry Cleverly; 05-13-2022, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I wish I took a screenshot of him saying this but he already edited the article, also with no note in the article it was edited. The whole article should've been titled Op-Ed because there was zero actual reporting in it and a lot of stuff in it we know to be false. I don't think I've ever seen a reporter/outlet more ****ed their guy wasn't really considered for a job. The fact he's throwing the Mara's in there is WILD

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post

I wish I took a screenshot of him saying this but he already edited the article, also with no note in the article it was edited. The whole article should've been titled Op-Ed because there was zero actual reporting in it and a lot of stuff in it we know to be false. I don't think I've ever seen a reporter/outlet more ****ed their guy wasn't really considered for a job. The fact he's throwing the Mara's in there is WILD
            Chn??

that is his website. Owner, editor, writer (op-Ed, reporter)
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
              I wish I took a screenshot of him saying this but he already edited the article, also with no note in the article it was edited. The whole article should've been titled Op-Ed because there was zero actual reporting in it and a lot of stuff in it we know to be false.
              And he's supposed to be one of the best college hockey has. Journalism! Just checked and you're right. The part about Leahy consulting previous president is gone from the article with no acknowledgment that is was total nonsense. Actually, in reading the article again there are many edits that were made. He mentioned the Maras originally but I think he added the part about Doug Brown and Maureen Mara. He also added the part about Kevin Shea (maybe he reads USCHO).

Comment

Too funny on the Wodon stuff. Keep grinding those axes, Adam. : )

Tough Game 7 weekend for former Terriers, but Jake basically carried the stars to OT in Game 7 (Before giving up the winning goal to a former Eagle. D'oh!), Evan Rodrigues scored a huge late-2nd period goal in the Rangers OT win, and it looks like Chris Drury put together a solid roster and picked the right coach for the Rangers. Oh, and momma's, don't let your babies grow up to be Leaf fans. Ooof.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

He's regressed from being an actual journalist to a self-absorbed airer of grievances (and Rick Bennett hype-man).

Honestly I'm relieved the HC search has concluded and I'm confident Jay has the ability to lead BU Hockey to a consistently high level of success year after year. It was noticeable that his point of emphasis was very much on coaching up the players to improve & perform, talking about player development when the Quinn & Albie regimes emphasized recruiting / roster construction.

Comment

Tough Game 7 weekend for former Terriers, but Jake basically carried the stars to OT in Game 7 (Before giving up the winning goal to a former Eagle. D'oh!), Evan Rodrigues scored a huge late-2nd period goal in the Rangers OT win, and it looks like Chris Drury put together a solid roster and picked the right coach for the Rangers. Oh, and momma's, don't let your babies grow up to be Leaf fans. Ooof.
                    The fact that two Canadian teams have advanced and the Leafs aren't one of them must be a tough pill to swallow...
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

The fact that two Canadian teams have advanced and the Leafs aren't one of them must be a tough pill to swallow...
                      OMG, the Leafs. They are 0-9 in elimination games in their last 5 playoff series. I mean .... Oy.

Jake was a beast last night. Name me another BU goalie with as much success as he has had? I can't. For such a storied program, it is odd that Jake is the first goalie to step-up in the NHL.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

OMG, the Leafs. They are 0-9 in elimination games in their last 5 playoff series. I mean .... Oy.

Jake was a beast last night. Name me another BU goalie with as much success as he has had? I can't. For such a storied program, it is odd that Jake is the first goalie to step-up in the NHL.
                        Perhaps, I’m missing something here, but how can a team be 0-9 in elimination games in only 5 playoff series? Wouldn’t they need to have played in 9 playoff series?

if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

"Name me another BU goalie with as much success as he has had? I can't. For such a storied program, it is odd that Jake is the first goalie to step-up in the NHL."

Rick DiPetro immediately comes to mind. So does Jim Craig but not for his stats as a pro.

Comment

Up 3-1 to the Bruins. Game 5 is an elimination game. They lose. Game 6 is an elimination game. They lose. Game 7 is an elimination game. They lose. 0-3. One series.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post

Perhaps, I’m missing something here, but how can a team be 0-9 in elimination games in only 5 playoff series? Wouldn’t they need to have played in 9 playoff series?

He used the wrong term, should be 0-9 in clinching games.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Fair enough. Elimination game for the other team. : )
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X