No announcement yet.

BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Amonte and McEachern complete their degrees?

Comment

My concern with Quesnelle is, by my understanding, he coaches the defense. Since he's been on the staff, the D has been anything but stellar. In some cases, awful.

What's unknown is to what extent that's a product of Albie's system and what part is Len's.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Wonder when potential Pereira announcement will be. Always liked Pereira. Enjoyed this video from 2009 of Pereira, Bonino, and Shattenkirk.

https://youtu.be/VTL9t-UNnVU

Comment

This morning's press conference to introduce Jay Pandolfo as BU Hockey's 13th head coach will air live on YouTube at 11 a.m.
          https://youtu.be/N2nPJTdj55Y

Originally posted by hydrant View Post
          Wonder when potential Pereira announcement will be. Always liked Pereira. Enjoyed this video from 2009 of Pereira, Bonino, and Shattenkirk.
          Introduced by Jenny Taft, aka "The All-American Girl" and Mrs. Matt Gilroy.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Let the boat building begin!!

Comment

I wish there had been a camera on the room to see everyone who was there, but it's great to hear about the full team buy-in.

BU Hockey: Tradition Building
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Nice job by Jay. I liked the message. I also thought he did a good job balancing the need for change without completely dissing on Albie.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Is there a link to watch a replay? I was on a conference call and missed it.

Comment

https://youtu.be/N2nPJTdj55Y
                    Go BU!

Comment

Thanks - just watched. I had to keep fast forwarding cuz he didn't start speaking till more than 15 minutes after it start.

I'm happy. I like him. Yet, I'm reserving judgement. I wanted someone to ask him what happened against Michigan in 1996 in Cincinnati. Did the ice delay really throw them off that much? Gah! That game still bothers me. And I'm not being a wiseass about this. He was captain that year. He's talking about leadership, etc. Would be kind of interesting to get his perspective 25+ years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Thanks - just watched. I had to keep fast forwarding cuz he didn't start speaking till more than 15 minutes after it start.

I'm happy. I like him. Yet, I'm reserving judgement. I wanted someone to ask him what happened against Michigan in 1996 in Cincinnati. Did the ice delay really throw them off that much? Gah! That game still bothers me. And I'm not being a wiseass about this. He was captain that year. He's talking about leadership, etc. Would be kind of interesting to get his perspective 25+ years later.
                        That team was an offensive machine but peaked too early, losing in the HE semis to PC and barely getting past Clarkson to get to the FF (oh how times have changed...being disappointed with a FF year). Bob Norton liked to say that going into the season they had 6 legitimate All-America candidates at forward (Pandolfo, Drury, Grier, O'Sullivan, B. Lachance, and Bates). They had some ungodly number of SHGs (I know at one point it was 21, but I think that was before the end of the season). Who knows what happened, but it's not like Michigan was a bad team.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

That team was an offensive machine but peaked too early, losing in the HE semis to PC and barely getting past Clarkson to get to the FF (oh how times have changed...being disappointed with a FF year). Bob Norton liked to say that going into the season they had 6 legitimate All-America candidates at forward (Pandolfo, Drury, Grier, O'Sullivan, B. Lachance, and Bates). They had some ungodly number of SHGs (I know at one point it was 21, but I think that was before the end of the season). Who knows what happened, but it's not like Michigan was a bad team.
                          The 1995-96 team was indeed an offensive juggernaut and still holds the program mark for most goals in a season with 236. They began the season going 18-1-2 before finishing 30-6-3. Pandolfo and Drury each had 67 points. Pando's 38 goals are third best in BU history (behind Garrity's 51 and Marquis' 41). Jay had six of BU's 22 SHGs, including a shorthanded hat trick against Northeastern, along with 16 power play goals, winning a truckload of conference, regional and national awards. Drury had 35 goals, Bates 28 and Grier 21. Will always remember Pandolfo carrying Travis' jersey through the handshake line after every game. I was at the Albany regional and, yes, BU was fortunate to get past Clarkson. The other team to come out of the Eastern Regional was Vermont, which had Martin St. Louis and Eric Perrin each scoring 85 points that year and Tim Thomas in goal.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Oh my! https://twitter.com/NHL_On_TNT/statu...MdOSwhAPliJKAA

Speaking of "what ifs" against Michigan... If only Jake hadn't gotten food poisoning before the Regional Semi-final in 2018. Might have another FF appearance on the old ledger.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Damn, Bomber. I thought that was gonna be the PS goal where Gaudreau undressed him...

Didn't Oettinger play against Cornell? I was at those games. Thought he only gave up one goal.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Damn, Bomber. I thought that was gonna be the PS goal where Gaudreau undressed him...

Didn't Oettinger play against Cornell? I was at those games. Thought he only gave up one goal.
                                Correct. He only gave up one goal against Cornell (BU won 2-1), but then got lit up by Michigan. That BU team had Tkachuk, Greenway, Farrance, Fabbro ...
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X