BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Time to move onward and upward!! Build the boats, so we can later burn them!! Cheers to a better future!!!

Inshalla
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post
      Time to move onward and upward!! Build the boats, so we can later burn them!! Cheers to a better future!!!
      Love the title!! Lets see if the boats can be recreated by some original builders.....

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post

Love the title!! Lets see if the boats can be recreated by some original builders.....
        That was in my thoughts, too.

Comment

https://twitter.com/burntboats/statu...wCVE2vlA6adxkA

Let’s go!
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post

That was in my thoughts, too.
            seems those thoughts might be coming true..... he was the rallying cry ....at the end of that season with his spleen injury..

Comment

Off topic, but can someone explain the shiny gold chains some Bruins fans wear around their necks, please?
              Last edited by buoldtimer; 05-06-2022, 07:22 PM.
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

With this thread title, surely BurntBoats (Agganis) will come back to USCHO? Or will he keep his nonsense to Twitter?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post

seems those thoughts might be coming true..... he was the rallying cry ....at the end of that season with his spleen injury..
                  Quick story - I am just a mens league player that learned how to skate my senior year at BU (though I did turn that in to a year of 4th line duty for UGA's club team as an MBA student several years later :-)). But in my first year of going to stick time at the rink in Franklin, I had a situation that could have been very similar to Pereira's spleen injury. Only it was the goalie's stick that my stick got forced back into me with, not the net. Thankfully i was using a wooden stick. As the pressure built on the stick as my momentum carried me further into my stick with the butt end in my ribs, the stick literally snapped part way down the shaft. It happened so quickly but once I realized what had happened, I couldn't believe how lucky I was that the stick had snapped. Kind of freaked me out, having been so new to playing the sport.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Pandolfo needs to secure his staff (how many stay? ... he worked with them all for a year, so he knows what they bring to the table.) Who will be the AHC (Pereira?)? And does Quesnelle, originally hired by Quinn and kept by Albie, stay?

And to maintain the recruits, particularly those in the pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                      Pandolfo needs to secure his staff (how many stay? ... he worked with them all for a year, so he knows what they bring to the table.) Who will be the AHC (Pereira?)? And does Quesnelle, originally hired by Quinn and kept by Albie, stay?

And to maintain the recruits, particularly those in the pipeline.
                      My prediction (based on nothing) is that pereira comes in (which has been widely speculated / reported) and all others stay.

Comment

There's no reason for Len Quesnelle to still have a job here. We need to bring in some younger, more talented coaches to get them experience and give the program some forward momentum. Freddy Meyer would be a perfect choice here. I am not personally familiar with Amonte as a coach, but others have said he's doing a great job so him or someone like him over Quesnelle, easily. I'm not sure how I feel about Pearl. He didn't seem to add anything to the staff but Albie was so awful it might have been hard to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          There's no reason for Len Quesnelle to still have a job here. We need to bring in some younger, more talented coaches to get them experience and give the program some forward momentum. Freddy Meyer would be a perfect choice here. I am not personally familiar with Amonte as a coach, but others have said he's doing a great job so him or someone like him over Quesnelle, easily. I'm not sure how I feel about Pearl. He didn't seem to add anything to the staff but Albie was so awful it might have been hard to see that.
                          I agree... Len should be moved on. Shawn MacEachern would also be good as an assistant. He did a great job as head coach at Rivers, and his experience is long, deep and varied. Maybe he wants a step up to the next level?

Comment

If we pencil in Joe Pereira, I don't see any reason to believe we risk losing existing players or recruits. Anyone on the fence likely would've left by now, and it's already past the NCAA deadline to enter the portal for next fall.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                              There's no reason for Len Quesnelle to still have a job here. We need to bring in some younger, more talented coaches …
                              I have no way of knowing whether Len Quesnelle is a good coach or a bad coach, but I do know it’s a serious matter to say a guy should lose his job.

Can you cite specific reasons why he shouldn’t have his job? Are you close enough to the program that you know he shouldn’t have his job?

What are the “talents” he lacks that Amonte and Meyer possess? Meyer was a very good D1 player, Amonte was spectacular. But what are the skills and talents they have as coaches that justify jettisoning Quesnelle?
                              Last edited by buoldtimer; 05-07-2022, 04:34 PM.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Working...
                              X