X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydrant
    replied
    Originally posted by defkit View Post

Certainly right up there, although technically, if Macklin accelerates (as one outlet indicated he might), then he wouldn't come in with the rest of the guys that are declaring this week. If Eiserman commits to BU, I would assume he wouldn't be looking to accelerate since he is going the USNTDP route which is clearly a two-year thing. Come to think of it, if Celebrini is as good as advertised and ends up as a Top 5 pick in the 2024 draft, that could mean that they wouldn't actually play together at BU. But I guess the optimist in me would say that maybe Celebrini would want to come back for a sophomore season to play with his former teammate. I know, this is getting a little ahead of things...

But back to the class, IIRC, Quinn's first recruiting group included 4 guys that one could have argued were the top 2 forwards and top 2 d-men available: Keller, Bellows, Fabbro, and Krys. But I don't recall who the other top guys were that year.
    A) Hopefully Celebrini will want to spend another year with his brother and stay more than one year

B) Oettinger was the other star freshman coming in, although Harper was the pleasant surprise of the class

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post
    Anybody else hearing that Eiserman is leaning towards BU? If that happens, might be the best BU class ever.
    Certainly right up there, although technically, if Macklin accelerates (as one outlet indicated he might), then he wouldn't come in with the rest of the guys that are declaring this week. If Eiserman commits to BU, I would assume he wouldn't be looking to accelerate since he is going the USNTDP route which is clearly a two-year thing. Come to think of it, if Celebrini is as good as advertised and ends up as a Top 5 pick in the 2024 draft, that could mean that they wouldn't actually play together at BU. But I guess the optimist in me would say that maybe Celebrini would want to come back for a sophomore season to play with his former teammate. I know, this is getting a little ahead of things...

But back to the class, IIRC, Quinn's first recruiting group included 4 guys that one could have argued were the top 2 forwards and top 2 d-men available: Keller, Bellows, Fabbro, and Krys. But I don't recall who the other top guys were that year.

Leave a comment:

• hydrant
    replied
    Originally posted by Terrier86 View Post
    Anybody else hearing that Eiserman is leaning towards BU? If that happens, might be the best BU class ever.
    https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/202...-watch-part-i/

This came out July 27th "Word on the street is that Boston University is the front-runner". Playing with Celebrini past two seasons should only help.

Leave a comment:

• Terrier86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    As I recall we wee all told about Coach O'Connell's recruiting prowess but he was clueless when it came to actually having to coach a team on the ice. I'm glad BU had the change, but they gambled by going with another former player without any head coaching experience. It's going to take more than getting some top recruits to make me believe they made the right choice.

Sean
    this should be pinned to the top of the thread.

Leave a comment:

• hydrant
    replied
    We could see Celebrini as early as 23-24. Apparently he's accelerating classes. If that's the case he'd be 17 years old his whole freshman season, being a June birthday. Came down to BU and Wisconsin. Glad he chose BU.

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/79...klin-celebrini

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    Puck Preps @PuckPreps 14m
    Boston University continues their incredible week by landing the top recruit available, Macklin Celebrini out of Shattuck. Celebrini is our #1 ranked skater in the 2006 class and will play for the @ChicagoSteel this coming season. Just an incredible week for the Terriers.
    As I recall we were all told about Coach O'Connell's recruiting prowess but he was clueless when it came to actually having to coach a team on the ice. I'm glad BU had the change, but they gambled by going with another former player without any head coaching experience. It's going to take more than getting some top recruits to make me believe they made the right choice.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 08-05-2022, 05:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    Originally posted by hydrant View Post
    BU just landed Macklin Celebrini. Brother of recruit Aiden Celebrini. Tendered with the Chicago Steel for upcoming season. Potential Top 5 pick in 2024 draft. Woohoo
    Puck Preps @PuckPreps 14m
    Boston University continues their incredible week by landing the top recruit available, Macklin Celebrini out of Shattuck. Celebrini is our #1 ranked skater in the 2006 class and will play for the @ChicagoSteel this coming season. Just an incredible week for the Terriers.

Younger brother of D Aiden Celebrini who committed last month. Despite being one of the youngest on Shattuck 18U Prep, led the team with 117 points. 50 goals.

Leave a comment:

• hydrant
    replied
    BU just landed Macklin Celebrini. Brother of recruit Aiden Celebrini. Tendered with the Chicago Steel for upcoming season. Potential Top 5 pick in 2024 draft. Woohoo

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    I think today's events set a new bar for a program that is a true ****show.
    And yet they keep recruiting all that high-end talent. It just doesn't seem fair or consistent with what we think SHOULD happen. I know I have the popcorn at the ready to see how this one plays out.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Right but don’t you think that if the dad really didn’t think his son was going to be in a good place that he would strongly steer him in a different direction?
    Lord knows mookie listened to his dad at that age!!

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post

That is a far more sensible conclusion than “assuming” that the father made the decision.
    Right but don’t you think that if the dad really didn’t think his son was going to be in a good place that he would strongly steer him in a different direction?

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

I suspect the new management isn't finished.
    mookie hopes they make sure the hot dogs stay hot!!

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    Originally posted by defkit View Post

I think DLG was only referring to BU over options other than NU, since prior posts had referred to the fact that it is pretty common for a kid to play somewhere other than for his dad (Eaves, Lucia, etc.). We obviously don't know what all went into the decision, but he clearly wouldn't have ended up at BU if there wasn't confidence that they have put a good coaching staff together. So given the way the post-Quinn years have gone to date, yes, there is a little bit of basking going on. :-)
    It's no secret that player development hasn't been a strength at BU in recent seasons. On top of Pandolfo's years in development with the Bruins, his hiring of skating/skills guru Brandvold signaled a change for the better that's been noticed.

Originally posted by hydrant View Post
    Lastarza, Musa, Lachance, Castro, Harvey, Fine, Grimes, and Roukounakis all committed when it was Albie, Pearl, Quesnelle.
    Correcting my earlier comment about BU being among the youngest teams in 2023-24, of these 8 recruits, all will be 20 upon arrival except for Fine (18) and LaStarza (19).

Leave a comment:

• Ryecheers
    replied
    Originally posted by AllstonChristmas View Post
    Sour grapes from two different people? I think all people are trying to say is that the NU coach's kid coming to BU means it's not a s**t show, and that players are expected to develop at BU, else a college coach would steer his kid elsewhere. Can we at least have .
    That is a far more sensible conclusion than “assuming” that the father made the decision.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X