X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogie21
    replied
    BU has announced the six-man freshman class via Twitter
    Also that last year's practice goalie, Patrick Schena, will be on the roster as the third goalie. He has ACHA 2 and NCAA 3 experience.
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...patrick-schena

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Will McDonough who recently committed to Harvard - is he the grandson of the late Globe columnist, Will McDonough?
    Sean McDonough apparently has no children, but his father had two other sons.

An earlier post suggesting 2024 recruit Cal Hughes is related to Montreal GM Kent Hughes is correct. According to an NEHJ article, Cal is the cousin of NU forwards Riley Hughes and Jack Hughes. Their dad, Kent, reports to Jeff Gorton, whose son Jack is a 2023 BU recruit. Cal was coached with the NJ Colonials by Kent's brother, Ryan, who played for Cornell in the early '90 and suited up for the Bruins in three games.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    Will McDonough who recently committed to Harvard - is he the grandson of the late Globe columnist, Will McDonough?

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

I’m a bit more optimistic about a D corps that returns four starters and three experienced back-ups. LD Hutson and RD Jarman are the likely new starters. While the physical opposite of Vlasic, Hutson brings an exceptional skill set that should boost the offense. Jarman has more size and plays more physically than Campolieto, but has just 19 games of D1 experience.

6’6” Copeland dressed for 18 of 35 games last year, although many were as an extra defenseman. With improved skating, can he play a bigger role? Then there’s the curious case of 6’4” LD Jack Page who arrived in January from the NJ Rockets and then dressed just once. He’s nearly 21. Is he simply a depth guy like Driscoll or is there greater potential down the road?
    McCarthy reminds me of Chris Kelleher. Good all around, maybe not as offensive minded as others (in Chris' case, Jon Coleman), but a guy who you can rely on in critical defensive situations but also put out on the PP. I see him being a key to the fortunes of this team.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    Originally posted by hydrant View Post
    BU's biggest question mark will be the defense. Losing Vlasic and Camplieto. Bringing in Hutson, Getz, Jarman from injury. Lost arguably our best defender. Hopefully we don't struggle too much against the heavy teams in our own zone.
    I’m a bit more optimistic about a D corps that returns four starters and three experienced back-ups. LD Hutson and RD Jarman are the likely new starters. While the physical opposite of Vlasic, Hutson brings an exceptional skill set that should boost the offense. Jarman has more size and plays more physically than Campolieto, but has just 19 games of D1 experience.

6’6” Copeland dressed for 18 of 35 games last year, although many were as an extra defenseman. With improved skating, can he play a bigger role? Then there’s the curious case of 6’4” LD Jack Page who arrived in January from the NJ Rockets and then dressed just once. He’s nearly 21. Is he simply a depth guy like Driscoll or is there greater potential down the road?

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied
    And Harvard at #6. If Bucci's predictions hold up, the 2023 Beanpot will be beyond insane.

Leave a comment:

• Terrier86
    replied
    Originally posted by Split-N View Post

How about your friends from across the Fens?
    They're #7 on his list.

Leave a comment:

• Split-N
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post

I was surprised to see that our friends up the street aren't on that list.
    How about your friends from across the Fens?

Leave a comment:

• hydrant
    replied
    BU's biggest question mark will be the defense. Losing Vlasic and Camplieto. Bringing in Hutson, Getz, Jarman from injury. Lost arguably our best defender. Hopefully we don't struggle too much against the heavy teams in our own zone.

Leave a comment:

• hydrant
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Eh, lost their top 4 scorers. Brining in a good transfer goalie which should help, but their freshman class revolves around Gauthier. They have potential but I wouldn't start them that high either. Even surprised BU was that high somewhat, just because we don't have a couple glorified scorers).

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Buccigross posted his pre-season rankings and has BU at #10. I know there's a new coach and some talented freshmen coming in but I remember how last season ended with a huge whimper. I think that's a little high for this team. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    CHN Insiders Podcast interview with Jay Pandolfo

Leave a comment:

• Friend_of_BU_Hockey
    replied
    Buccigross posted his pre-season rankings and has BU at #10. I know there's a new coach and some talented freshmen coming in but I remember how last season ended with a huge whimper. I think that's a little high for this team. Thoughts?
    Here are what I think will be contributing factors to BU having a successful 2022-23 season both within HE and nationally:

* More upperclassmen than we can recall in quite some time. 9 Seniors, 7 Juniors. Most of the impact players are Seniors/Juniors.
    * Strong goaltending. Duplessis could be a #1 goalie at most D-1 programs.
    * New coaching staff that, IMO, will bring a different culture, mentality, identity to the program. Specifically, demanding more accountability and holding everyone in the program to higher standards.

Leave a comment:

• hydrant
    replied
    Very doable. Especially if Hockey East as a conference is better than last year. HEA had terrible win % OOC. Have series with Mich, Uconn, UML, Umass, NU to start the year. Will be some tough games have to come ready out the gate. Hopefully we'll be ready for those after Bentley and Waterloo...

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied
    I don't. Talent is certainly there now they added a competent coaching staff. Team is older and really didn't lose any players of note. They should be a national contender IMO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X