Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU: Offseason '22: Build The Boats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More on Hughes and McEachern's new coaching gig.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

    Comment


    • Happy to see some new blood and excitement about eastern hockey, so that eastern kids are staying. That Hughes is staying east, and Celebrini is coming east rather than going to the Big 10 is important, and now you need to get Eiserman to stay close to his roots. Just think if the other Hugheses with ties to UNH and Providence had stayed east.

      As a UNH fan, we need the tide of the top end of the league to lift even the submerged boats. So root for BC to pull in its share of kids, too.
      The Umile legacy:
      14-15 8th place,
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        So root for BC to pull in its share of kids, too.
        No.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by hydrant View Post

          No.
          Agreed - anyone other than BC.

          Comment


          • Well BC has gotten a couple good ones, but not the quantity that BU has. If Eiserman picks BU, that would have to be one of the best recruiting periods for any college team. Maybe if I offer rides for his parents to every game I attend, since I live next door to Newburyport...
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

            Comment


            • Originally posted by defkit View Post
              Well BC has gotten a couple good ones, but not the quantity that BU has. If Eiserman picks BU, that would have to be one of the best recruiting periods for any college team. Maybe if I offer rides for his parents to every game I attend, since I live next door to Newburyport...
              Will be interesting to see how Brown and Pandolfo build their rosters. BC has the loaded class coming in next year but then you gotta supplement it with the right mix. Michigan actually did have the right mix last year. They didn't win it all but OT loss in FF to eventual national champion proves your formula worked. Is that model sustainable? We'll see how they look this year after that mass exodus. Even then they still have a ton of talent back.

              Comment


              • Dear Cole: Reasons why BU should be your future home (over UND and Minny):
                - You have a big family, so I take it family is important to you. Do you want your parents and/or brothers to see 6 games a year? Or 35?
                - The Beanpot - is it still a really hard ticket? No. Is a BU/NU or a BU/BC final still an incredible atmosphere? Heck ya.
                - Is REA better than Agganis? Of course it is - it is better than most NHL arenas. But there is still no arena in the east that is better than Agganis.
                - Boston vs. Grand Forks vs. Twin Cities: this should be a no-brainer, but maybe you prefer ice fishing to strolling a few blocks to Fenway to watch the Sox or walking to the Head of the Charles or hopping on the T to catch a show or driving an hour and a half to some good skiing or...I'll stop now.
                - You may not be thinking about a degree, given that you are unlikely to be here 4 years, but even if it takes coming back for a few summers, a BU degree is a nice to have (US News #42) vs Minny (#68) or UND (#249).
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                Comment


                • Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Dear Cole: Reasons why BU should be your future home (over UND and Minny):
                  - You have a big family, so I take it family is important to you. Do you want your parents and/or brothers to see 6 games a year? Or 35?
                  - The Beanpot - is it still a really hard ticket? No. Is a BU/NU or a BU/BC final still an incredible atmosphere? Heck ya.
                  - Is REA better than Agganis? Of course it is - it is better than most NHL arenas. But there is still no arena in the east that is better than Agganis.
                  - Boston vs. Grand Forks vs. Twin Cities: this should be a no-brainer, but maybe you prefer ice fishing to strolling a few blocks to Fenway to watch the Sox or walking to the Head of the Charles or hopping on the T to catch a show or driving an hour and a half to some good skiing or...I'll stop now.
                  - You may not be thinking about a degree, given that you are unlikely to be here 4 years, but even if it takes coming back for a few summers, a BU degree is a nice to have (US News #42) vs Minny (#68) or UND (#249).
                  Out of curiosity, does anyone know why he hasn’t considered our “friends” up the street?
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

                  Comment


                  • Buccigross posted his pre-season rankings and has BU at #10. I know there's a new coach and some talented freshmen coming in but I remember how last season ended with a huge whimper. I think that's a little high for this team. Thoughts?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Buccigross posted his pre-season rankings and has BU at #10. I know there's a new coach and some talented freshmen coming in but I remember how last season ended with a huge whimper. I think that's a little high for this team. Thoughts?
                      I don't. Talent is certainly there now they added a competent coaching staff. Team is older and really didn't lose any players of note. They should be a national contender IMO.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Buccigross posted his pre-season rankings and has BU at #10. I know there's a new coach and some talented freshmen coming in but I remember how last season ended with a huge whimper. I think that's a little high for this team. Thoughts?
                        Very doable. Especially if Hockey East as a conference is better than last year. HEA had terrible win % OOC. Have series with Mich, Uconn, UML, Umass, NU to start the year. Will be some tough games have to come ready out the gate. Hopefully we'll be ready for those after Bentley and Waterloo...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Buccigross posted his pre-season rankings and has BU at #10. I know there's a new coach and some talented freshmen coming in but I remember how last season ended with a huge whimper. I think that's a little high for this team. Thoughts?
                          Here are what I think will be contributing factors to BU having a successful 2022-23 season both within HE and nationally:

                          * More upperclassmen than we can recall in quite some time. 9 Seniors, 7 Juniors. Most of the impact players are Seniors/Juniors.
                          * Strong goaltending. Duplessis could be a #1 goalie at most D-1 programs.
                          * New coaching staff that, IMO, will bring a different culture, mentality, identity to the program. Specifically, demanding more accountability and holding everyone in the program to higher standards.

                          Comment


                          • CHN Insiders Podcast interview with Jay Pandolfo
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Buccigross posted his pre-season rankings and has BU at #10. I know there's a new coach and some talented freshmen coming in but I remember how last season ended with a huge whimper. I think that's a little high for this team. Thoughts?
                              I was surprised to see that our friends up the street aren't on that list.
                              It Happened!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bomber View Post

                                I was surprised to see that our friends up the street aren't on that list.
                                Eh, lost their top 4 scorers. Brining in a good transfer goalie which should help, but their freshman class revolves around Gauthier. They have potential but I wouldn't start them that high either. Even surprised BU was that high somewhat, just because we don't have a couple glorified scorers).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X