• Show
Clear All

• brassbonanza
    replied
    And Harvard @ WBA

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    No game between Beanpot games. Is that a first?

Leave a comment:

• hydrant
    replied
    Schedule just came out. Cornell is coming to Agganis! ***!!!

Leave a comment:

• hydrant
    replied
    https://***********/BUAthletics/stat...36472741122048

Seems as if the schedule will be coming out Monday if it were my guess.

Leave a comment:

• AllstonChristmas
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    I have really high hopes for him at BU. I think he's going to be an awesome college player (and his size will hopefully keep him here at least a couple years).

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    Lane Hutson is turning heads and breaking ankles at Habs development camp.

Stu Cowan: Defenceman Lane Hutson shines at Canadiens development camp | Montreal Gazette

https://***********/CanadiensMTL/sta...a_SPABmf7asH7A

More on the blog

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Positive reports from Colby Cohen on Vlasic and Commesso at Blackhawks camp. He assured me Drew will be back on Comm Ave in the fall. : )

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Former Terrier AJ Greer signed with the Bruins.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Having Fensore and Lane Hutson on the same team will be incredible. Should help the PP for sure.
    With potential pairings of Fensore-McCarthy and Hutson-Gallagher, BU won't need to use a forward at the point on power plays. There's enough returning offensive talent up front for two effective PP units. Should be interesting to see if Greene and Wilmer can secure spots in the top 9.

Twelve on the 22-23 roster--9 returnees, 3 drafted freshmen-- are going to NHL development camps this week.

Leave a comment:

• Section 6, Row S
    replied
    Originally posted by DLG View Post
    Hard to believe that Jeremy Wilmer was not drafted again in his second year of eligibility
    I know he is small but he led the USHL in scoring this year
    I thought the same thing but it could be a positive for BU. There are some players who excel in the USHL but don’t have the size or speed for the NHL so they wind up staying in college for 4 productive years. Andrew Miller at Yale comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Originally posted by DLG View Post
    Hard to believe that Jeremy Wilmer was not drafted again in his second year of eligibility
    I think for a team to draft a guy in his second year of eligibility, there has to be a very compelling reason. Sure, leading the USHL would seem to be one, but he doesn't have a lot of size, which probably negates that.

Leave a comment:

• DLG
    replied

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Originally posted by hydrant View Post
    3 Terriers drafted today. Ryan Greene 57th, Lane Hutson 62nd, Devin Kaplan 69th. All three should have the ability to make an impact right away. Side note, Chris Heisenberg has Jack Gorton coming in 2023-24. It seems the incoming class will be:

Lane Hutson
    Quinn Hutson
    Ryan Greene
    Devin Kaplan
    Jeremy Wilmer
    Lachlan Getz
    Another goalie? (Due to Abel transferring)
    A lot of positives here. No first-rounders which has to help with the potential for staying at BU beyond one-year. Also takes the pressure off if anyone gets off to a slow start (won't feel like they need to go a different path like Tyler Boucher, Kieffer Bellows) Wilmer will likely be a 4-year player, which is great news.

Having Fensore and Lane Hutson on the same team will be incredible. Should help the PP for sure.

Also, has BU ever had two non-twin brothers be freshmen in the same season?

What Lachlan wants, Lachlan... (sorry couldn't resist).

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Fun fact about the '94-'95: Nine skaters earned All-American recognition during their BU careers (not necessarily in '94-'95): Grier, Drury (3 times) O'Sullivan, Brennan, Coleman, Kelleher (2), Linna (2), Pandolfo and Joubert. Ten, if you count McKersie who sat out the season after his horrific bicycle accident.

Besides his news report on Grier, Neal Boudette also wrote a profile piece on him for The NY Times, which includes this very cool anecdote:
    When a not-in-shape Grier didn't dress for the season opener his freshman year, he spent it in the stands with a recruit who was making his visit to BU--Chris Drury. First of many times their careers would intersect.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/07/s...nhl-draft.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Jaqwn-ei4
    One other fun fact is that the same year that McKersie was a second team All-American, his partner Herlofsky was second-team All-Hockey East.

Also, with all those All-American's one player that isn't on the list but was as fun as anyone to watch was Shawn Bates. Same year as Grier. I would love to see him in today's NHL. He could be a Gaudreau-type of impact player. Well maybe one notch down, but his speed/acceleration was so much fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• hydrant
    replied
    3 Terriers drafted today. Ryan Greene 57th, Lane Hutson 62nd, Devin Kaplan 69th. All three should have the ability to make an impact right away. Side note, Chris Heisenberg has Jack Gorton coming in 2023-24. It seems the incoming class will be:

Lane Hutson
    Quinn Hutson
    Ryan Greene
    Devin Kaplan
    Jeremy Wilmer
    Lachlan Getz
    Another goalie? (Due to Abel transferring)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X