Buccigross and Melrose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buccigross and Melrose

Holy schnikes are they annoying…..Buccigross….goes ape wild….SHOT FROM THE POINT…goes wide..
    Melrose knows nothing about any team…mispronounces names. Do at least a couple gales a year at least. This sport and level “deserves” your presence.

I have to agree...but you know how this works. Hockey is a niche sport (I know I will get pushback on this...but it is, like it or not). To gain credibility they need a "big name." That's the reality. Also, ESPN is in Bristol, CT, so Buccigross goes because it's a one hour drive to Worcester and he's the ESPN "hockey guy."

Comment

Not having to listen to Buccigross tell me when every player on the ice will be signing a pro deal is another reason I am in attendance. Guy just cannot wait to get college players to move on.

Comment

It wasn't long ago that it was a real struggle to find these games on TV, and sometime some had to be streamed- if you could.

So listening to Bucc and Melrose is better than having to struggle watching the games.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
          It wasn't long ago that it was a real struggle to find these games on TV, and sometime some had to be streamed- if you could.

So listening to Bucc and Melrose is better than having to struggle watching the games.
          Yes, I agree. (but barely) ":smilie emoji"

Comment

Bucci's like early ESPN Dick Vitale - Great hype man for the sport. Terrible during the actual game.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
              Bucci's like early ESPN Dick Vitale - Great hype man for the sport. Terrible during the actual game.
              Exactly. Guess we gotta take the good with the bad. But is it too much to ask to at least get rid of Melrose? Replace him with Billy Jaffe or even Dave Starman. Starman can be annoying too but he's a true college hockey guy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Exactly. Guess we gotta take the good with the bad. But is it too much to ask to at least get rid of Melrose? Replace him with Billy Jaffe or even Dave Starman. Starman can be annoying too but he's a true college hockey guy.
                Starman is already in another regional- Albany, I think. More than one of the announcers are from BTN, and others I recall hearing from CBSSports. Seems like the only ESPN guys are Bucc and Melrose.

Comment

Agree, especially with Jaffe.

It seems that Buccigross isn't as familiar with the college game as he was in past years.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I like Starman soooo much better. He knows college hockey and is great covering the World Juniors as well. Melrose is like listening to Ozzie Osbourne. “This guy is really good…whatever is name is”

Comment

I meant for FF at least since that will be Melrose. But I'll be in attendance for that as well.

Comment

Who was the big goon looking guy between periods? Andrew Raycroft was decent but that guy was useless.
                        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                          Who was the big goon looking guy between periods? Andrew Raycroft was decent but that guy was useless.
                          If it's same as yesterday it's Mike Mottau...who i wouldn't classify as a big goon looking guy. Unless you meant the host.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Bucci loves college hockey. His passion is legitimate.
                            He would be better served as the studio host than doing play-by-play.
                            If there was no NHL draft, Barry Melrose would have nothing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                              A past Hobey Baker winner. How quickly we forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X