No announcement yet.

Buccigross and Melrose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved how Colby Cohen advocated for players to stay in college for another year. How much better it is than riding buses in the minors. And he would know.
    Unless college players are NHL ready, or desperate for money, he is correct.

Comment

One of the most tragic losses for college hockey was Tom Mees. He was the champion of hockey - pro and college - at ESPN. And as an "original" he had the clout to get his way at the Mothership. How different would ESPN's coverage be if we had someone of his stature fighting for us with the corporate suits?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

A past Hobey Baker winner. How quickly we forget.
        For whatever reason I have no recollection of him.
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

I miss Bob Norton, despite the fact that he had to tell you where every kid played in HS or prepped and who his coach was.

Comment

I'm not first to the table here, but the Progressive Insurance lady is long past the expiration date.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
              I miss Bob Norton, despite the fact that he had to tell you where every kid played in HS or prepped and who his coach was.
              Yes, but every once in a while he'd mention my school so I didn't mind so much

Comment

I think Melrose is funny in a Mickey Redmond sort of way. And it sure beats the likes of Mike "having a baby" Emerick.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
                  That was the best part. lol

Years ago in Worcester, I think, his broadcast position somehow shared stairs that fans used. In passing I said hi, told him I appreciated his broadcasts and we chatted for 5 - 10 minutes. Miss those days.
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    That was the best part. lol

Years ago in Worcester, I think, his broadcast position somehow shared stairs that fans used. In passing I said hi, told him I appreciated his broadcasts and we chatted for 5 - 10 minutes. Miss those days.
                    He was definitely a quality guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      One of the most tragic losses for college hockey was Tom Mees. He was the champion of hockey - pro and college - at ESPN. And as an "original" he had the clout to get his way at the Mothership. How different would ESPN's coverage be if we had someone of his stature fighting for us with the corporate suits?
                      That's for sure. We were VERY lucky enough to run into him after the final in Cincinnati in '96. Really nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                        It wasn't long ago that it was a real struggle to find these games on TV, and sometime some had to be streamed- if you could.

So listening to Bucc and Melrose is better than having to struggle watching the games.
                        Wonder what the ratings are? Wasn't the ratings and college hockey in general was going to explode in popularity once the Big 10 hockey conference started? Not sure if that has happened.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

After the second period of the Northeastern and Western Michigan game, Melrose said that was the best period Northeastern has played in this game and in the tournament.

IT WAS THEIR SECOND PERIOD OF THE GAME AND TOURNAMENT!
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Starman is like Melrose in that they like to latch onto 1 or 2 teams and fellate them for the entire tournament.

However he at least watches college games during the year and has more knowledge on players beyond just the obvious names.

I love Bucci. Yeah he has flaws but they're not enough to make me appreciate his love of the college game.

Not sure if Clay Matvick is doing any games but he's very solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Starman is like Melrose in that they like to latch onto 1 or 2 teams and fellate them for the entire tournament.

However he at least watches college games during the year and has more knowledge on players beyond just the obvious names.

I love Bucci. Yeah he has flaws but they're not enough to make me appreciate his love of the college game.

Not sure if Clay Matvick is doing any games but he's very solid.
                              This is loosely my take, so I’m just going to let Slap Shot do all the heavy lifting.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                                Who was the big goon looking guy between periods? Andrew Raycroft was decent but that guy was useless.
                                He was the guy who dove at the end of the 2000 Hockey East championship game and handed Maine the trophy.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X