Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men's Hockey 2022 Off Season Thread- Goodbye Lake Whitt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

I've made to trip to upstate NY a number of times. Taking the ferry across Lake Champlain, winter weather in early October, it was always an adventure! We used to stay in a hotel somewhere between St. Lawrence and Clarkson (The University Inn - IIRC). Good times going back to the hotel bar after games and having drinks with Frank and Pauline Haydar (great people), long time poster Greg A., and many others. Those were some good times, enjoy your trip!
    Thanks! Am looking forward to going to 2 new rinks. Also weather looks good for a ferry crossing which in itself will add to the trip. Two Wildcat wins would also make for a positive experience!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I think you're referring to Mike Borisenok's family, Darius? At least that's my vague recollection.

RIP Josh Ciocco. Video below from better times, young Josh and a relevant UNH Hockey.
      Awww...Loved the video story of those players and their home. Those were the days; you think when you are that age its going to last forever...#SticksOutForJosh
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-04-2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Whoa didn't buy my tix for this weekend until tonight and was kucky to get two for Sat night at St Lawrence and those we back to front of each other. Had been on a 8 day trip to Cali and just figured it could wait! Lol told Mr HR that if worst came to worst we could catch the Clarkson v MC game...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Whoa didn't buy my tix for this weekend until tonight and was kucky to get two for Sat night at St Lawrence and those we back to front of each other. Had been on a 8 day trip to Cali and just figured it could wait! Lol told Mr HR that if worst came to worst we could catch the Clarkson v MC game...
          Be prepared for the horn! You’ve been warned…
          GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Awww...Loved the video story of those players and their home. Those were the days; you think when you are that age its going to last forever...#SticksOutForJosh
            I know right? I was at unh around the same time and to say that its been a blurr since graduating would be an understatement. Always gotta keep perspective in mind because one never knows when the gift of life might end.

Rest in peace
            "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

• Thoughts are with Josh Ciocco's friends and family.
              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Changing of the Guard - In Rapid Pace, Veteran Coaches Have Stepped Aside For the New Breed:
                https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-the-Guard.php

Dick Umile content.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Well with our first game right around the corner, any predictions for the weekend? My take, 4-1 loss to Clarkson on Friday with a 3-3 tie at St. Lawrence on Saturday.

Edit: on second thought it’s time for a new season thread, I’ll start one.
                  Last edited by d.gerry; 10-05-2022, 05:58 PM.
                  GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                    So sad and so young. Can tell by the way he played had a love of hockey and never took a shift off. The college hockey world lost one of the good ones today. RIP Josh
                    I believe that Josh posted on our threads for a while when he was assistant coaching at Alaska-Anchorage, no doubt pining to get back to the Northeast, I think. RIP, Josh.

Comment

Working...
                    X