Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men's Hockey 2022 Off Season Thread- Goodbye Lake Whitt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post

I was the opposite. I am renewing and had to reach out to them to pay for them as there was nothing in the website on how to pay for them , put my deposit down last year and no follow up from them. Sent an email basically asking if they wanted my money and was told to call the box office after about 5 calls finally got someone to pay for them. If I hadn’t reached out would they ever follow up on it?
    I’ve decided to renew my season tickets, but since I’m reducing the number of seats it can’t be done online, or I can’t figure it out! I’ve left three messages with the ticket office indicating I want to renew (two today, one two weeks ago) and still no response. Really? Frustrating to say the least.
    GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

I’ve decided to renew my season tickets, but since I’m reducing the number of seats it can’t be done online, or I can’t figure it out! I’ve left three messages with the ticket office indicating I want to renew (two today, one two weeks ago) and still no response. Really? Frustrating to say the least.
      It’s UNH, don’t be surprised the system is awkward and lack of response on your calls. I called about the exhibition game Saturday and never got a call back.

Customer service at its best

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

I was there too, I must say that Coach Witt's team is looking much better than in recent seasons (fingers crossed). I'm in section 119, and I didn't see too much differerence in my sight lines. The rink reduction looked fairly well done, though I didn't do a thorough check of the sight lines in other sections. Hey....if an NHL surface helps them win games, than I am not going to complain.

One note, to be filed in the Oh,-that's-different-but-you-are-free-to-express-your-opinion-and-I-respect-that department -- With both teams on the ice, the national anthem begins to play. Just at that moment, starting goalie Nicky Harnett immediately drops to one knee as the music starts. First time I've ever seen a UNH hockey player do that. Like I said, I raised my eyebrows and said "Huh...ok" and just let it go at that. I guess she's free to express her views. #shouldershrug
        If I needed another reason to never attend a women’s game, that would add to the list.

Comment

• Called it! Chase Stevenson gets the C...Blaisdell Gagne and Eriksson with the A's...wow 4 of them! Not sure I've seen that in my tenure as a fan...
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
            I called about the exhibition game Saturday and never got a call back.

Customer service at its best
            There is an exhibition game on Saturday??? First I've heard. Good work, UNH Athletics.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Called it! Chase Stevenson gets the C...Blaisdell Gagne and Eriksson with the A's...wow 4 of them! Not sure I've seen that in my tenure as a fan...
              I'd much rather have quality than quantity. Just sayin' ...
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Called it! Chase Stevenson gets the C...Blaisdell Gagne and Eriksson with the A's...wow 4 of them! Not sure I've seen that in my tenure as a fan...
                I really have little interest in who is the captain, and in this case the superfluous number of alternates.

But seeing a sophomore get an "A" did get my attention.
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  While kind of on the subject, let's open this up to everyone. Here's the simple question of the day:

* What does Mike "MS7" Souza need to accomplish this season to retain his job for '23/'24?

(1) Winning record and (at least contending for?) a slot in the 2023 NCAA Tourney;
                  (2) Winning record and winning first round of HEA playoffs (PBMBEGAM or otherwise);
                  (3) Winning record and respectable showing in the HEA "playoffs";
                  (4) Another losing record but surprising deep run in the HEA Tourney;
                  (5) Another losing record, short run in the HEA "playoffs", but all his kids graduate;
                  (6) Another losing record, but new UNH AD too cheap to buy out what's left of his contract;
                  (7) Should have been cut loose already, so no last-minute Ron Anderson-style heroics at all

Lots of other potential variations there, so feel free to pick more than one, or feel free go off the board with your own criteria. I think many of us are looking at this season as make-or-break for MS7 The Coach, so let's get the baseline set, and see how it plays out over the coming Winter.
                  It's time to produce results or go, imo.

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  I was there too, I must say that Coach Witt's team is looking much better than in recent seasons (fingers crossed). I'm in section 119, and I didn't see too much differerence in my sight lines. The rink reduction looked fairly well done, though I didn't do a thorough check of the sight lines in other sections. Hey....if an NHL surface helps them win games, than I am not going to complain.
                  Serious question - how do we go about proving causality here?
                  "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                  Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                  NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                  EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                  AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                  1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post

Serious question - how do we go about proving causality here?
                    And that's a good question. Maybe what I should have said was, "If an NHL surface helps them win games down the road, then I'm all for it." Which means, maybe they'll snag those key recruits who want an NHL surface (copyright MS7 and to some extent, Umile). Or maybe the current roster of players will adapt quickly to the new dimensions? It would definitely be an interesting study on how this quantifies improved winning margins.
                    UNH

Comment

• Yea Ref you did nail it. But I got my wish for an underclassmen.
                      Does anyone know if we can get into the exhibition game this weekend? I have neither heard or seen anything to support that we can. Just another communication issue and I can’t imagine why not.

Comment

• Was wondering about the whole exhibition game thing to. It’s on the Hockey East schedule but not UNH also in the ESPN plus schedule hockey East has it at 2 while espn has it at 7

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                          Yea Ref you did nail it. But I got my wish for an underclassmen.
                          Does anyone know if we can get into the exhibition game this weekend? I have neither heard or seen anything to support that we can. Just another communication issue and I can’t imagine why not.
                          Maybe it's a closed scrimmage, much like last year's scrimmage with Merrimack? HELLO, AD RICH....PAGING AD RICH.....WOULD YOU PLEASE LIGHT A FIRE UNDER SOMEONE'S BUTT? PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
                          UNH

Comment

• Nice to see an exhibition game generating interest and enthusiasm. lol

Also, am I correct that television viewing of most games is now exclusive to ESPN+ which requires a subscription? Thanks.
                            Last edited by Darius; 09-28-2022, 01:20 PM.
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Ha ha Darius, yes I have always loved the exhibition games. Chance to see who is new, less pressure and 1 more game to view. And yes sometimes with considerable pain.
                              on note, my wife just noticed that our ESPN+ just went from 6.99 to 9.99. Must be because of the great cost increase to cover HE games. Gotta love it.
                              it is probably time to drop the new AD a note.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

I'd much rather have quality than quantity. Just sayin' ...
                                Hr is not in charge of the amount hahah
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X