Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men's Hockey 2022 Off Season Thread- Goodbye Lake Whitt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the Ricky Santos 3.0 Era seems to be off to a nice start across the street!
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Just got my "invoice" for my non renewed season tickets. Apparently the "pay us by July or lose your seats" thing didn't have any actual backbone to it. I can't say they didn't reach out but its a bit late in the game to try to win over those on the fence and the ones who gave up their seasons by just sending a note with a bill. The note said nothing about the team, the arena construction, or anything that would answer the questions of the people on the fence. I guess the best I can say is "they tried".

I am already committed to not renewing this season for other opportunities, I hope in the near future I am compelled to get back in the commitment. However, I can say if I was still indecisive based on things like seat views and the state of the team in general this would not push me to renewal.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
        Just got my "invoice" for my non renewed season tickets. Apparently the "pay us by July or lose your seats" thing didn't have any actual backbone to it. I can't say they didn't reach out but its a bit late in the game to try to win over those on the fence and the ones who gave up their seasons by just sending a note with a bill. The note said nothing about the team, the arena construction, or anything that would answer the questions of the people on the fence. I guess the best I can say is "they tried".
        On a scale of 1 to 10 (low to high), based on your description, their "effort" barely scraped a 1 ...

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
          Just got my "invoice" for my non renewed season tickets. Apparently the "pay us by July or lose your seats" thing didn't have any actual backbone to it. I can't say they didn't reach out but its a bit late in the game to try to win over those on the fence and the ones who gave up their seasons by just sending a note with a bill. The note said nothing about the team, the arena construction, or anything that would answer the questions of the people on the fence. I guess the best I can say is "they tried".

I am already committed to not renewing this season for other opportunities, I hope in the near future I am compelled to get back in the commitment. However, I can say if I was still indecisive based on things like seat views and the state of the team in general this would not push me to renewal.
          I was the opposite. I am renewing and had to reach out to them to pay for them as there was nothing in the website on how to pay for them , put my deposit down last year and no follow up from them. Sent an email basically asking if they wanted my money and was told to call the box office after about 5 calls finally got someone to pay for them. If I hadn’t reached out would they ever follow up on it?

Comment

• Im up to five phone calls and an email from Denver seeking whether or not I want to re-purchase season tickets (and I haven't lived in the city for two seasons now). I've also received emails from CC and Air Force about season & single-game tickets despite only attending a handful of CC games and one Air Force contest...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

• Not trying to defend UNH ticketing poor job of reaching out as it is in its present state...not good. That said I think they have just hired someone to take over this kind of thing. Plus a new AD on board. Also being someone who is heavy into the online thing I see alot more advertising there (like for single game tickets).

Looking forward to hearing how things look to thise going to the Sept 24th practice. Will be heading to Cali for a vacation so am going to miss it.

I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Not trying to defend UNH ticketing poor job of reaching out as it is in its present state...not good. That said I think they have just hired someone to take over this kind of thing. Plus a new AD on board. Also being someone who is heavy into the online thing I see alot more advertising there (like for single game tickets).
                As it stands now, it's easy (and accurate) to lay the blame for the institutional apathy across wide swathes of UNH Athletics at the foot of the former AD. It didn't happen overnight, and it won't get fixed overnight, either. But as a baseline, expecting someone from the ticketing staff to call your customers to make them feel valued and appreciated shouldn't be a big ask. And it may be the easiest fix a new AD can do while she otherwise takes stock of the various teams/coaches in the overall program for bigger decisions next Spring (or sooner).

If the new AD wants to make a splash and convince some of us early doubters she isn't just a glorified compliance attorney, with no sense of what creates successful programs/coaches, and is willing to get hands-on down in the trenches, this should be low-hanging fruit. Otherwise, UNH probably shouldn't have bothered switching out one apathetic blinkered paper-pusher for another. And that goes double for Dean Dean and his vaunted committee. It's show time, folks. JMHO.

Comment

• I have not renewed my season tickets after having them since 1995 and have only received the couple of generic reminder emails. Guess they don't think they'll miss me.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to seeing Sardarian. His offensive skills are so unique, as he seems to operate on a swivel, with his top half at different angles than his skating base, so he can slither through areas.
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Watcher, while I agree with your take on Sardarian, his numbers were far from spectacular this year. Is your feeling that this was influenced to his major adjustment to moving here? I remember reading CHC’s announcement and being thrilled. No talk from anyone on Skrastinis. Incredible numbers, all be it is from the NAHL. Would like to think that that league has given HE some strong players as of late, and LeClerc has equally strong numbers from the same league.
                      Dunlap has the best numbers from a USHL recruit in recent years. Add a couple of good D recruits and some intriguing transfers and this feels like an improved year is coming to Durham. Young and inexperienced, but really nice additions.

Comment

• Was listening to Mike Machnik's podcast and in the course of it he happened to mention the HE coaching seniority with York retiring. Souza now is the 5th most senior coach (not counting his three years as coach in waiting).

UML - Norm Bazin (2011)
                        PC - Nate Leaman (2011)
                        U.Conn - Mike Cavanaugh (2014)
                        UMass- Greg Carvel (2016)
                        UNH - Mike Souza (2018)
                        Merrimack - Scott Borek (2018)
                        UVM - Todd Woodcroft (2020)
                        NU - Jerry Keefe (2021)
                        Maine - Ben Barr (2021)
                        BU - Jay Pandolfo (2022)
                        BC- Greg Brown (2022)

As for Sardarian, yes, his production last year did not match my hopes, but it was his first in the US, and he also was banged up a bit.
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                          Was listening to Mike Machnik's podcast and in the course of it he happened to mention the HE coaching seniority with York retiring. Souza now is the 5th most senior coach (not counting his three years as coach in waiting).

UML - Norm Bazin (2011)
                          PC - Nate Leaman (2011)
                          U.Conn - Mike Cavanaugh (2014)
                          UMass- Greg Carvel (2016)
                          UNH - Mike Souza (2018)
                          Merrimack - Scott Borek (2018)
                          UVM - Todd Woodcroft (2020)
                          NU - Jerry Keefe (2021)
                          Maine - Ben Barr (2021)
                          BU - Jay Pandolfo (2022)
                          BC- Greg Brown (2022)
                          Interesting list. Two of the guys who've got longer HC tenure than MS7 have won D1 Championships at their schools, and another has made it to one Frozen Four, three Regional Finals, and won two HEA Championships. The fourth hasn't won anything. Let's guess which one was MS7's mentor ...

Comment

• 5th is the highest that Coach Mike has ever been, but I think Souza should certainly move up the list in front of Carvel. Wouldn't 3 years of "Coach in Waiting" count for something? Maybe 50% credit? 70% would get him into 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
                              5th is the highest that Coach Mike has ever been, but I think Souza should certainly move up the list in front of Carvel. Wouldn't 3 years of "Coach in Waiting" count for something? Maybe 50% credit? 70% would get him into 4th.
                              I'm sure he'd tell his supervisors "no"
                              The Souza record:
                              15-16 10th place
                              16-17 10th place
                              17-18 11th place
                              18-19 8th place
                              19-20 9th place
                              20-21 10th place
                              21-22 9th place
                              22-23 10th place

Comment

• In an alternate universe, New Hampshire thanks Coach Umile for all his hard work and accomplishment, but must insist on an immediate retirement/transition and hires Coach Carvel...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X