Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men's Hockey 2022 Off Season Thread- Goodbye Lake Whitt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    As I looked at the posted schedule with Kalle featured, makes me think that it is there way of foreshadowing who gets the C. With Chase and Harrison getting theAs. Besides these 3 I believe that there are only a couple other seniors. Could be a chance to reward a junior but we haven’t seen that in a few years.
    Not a very homey OCTOBER. I (in the minority) love an exhibition game as they all get introduced which I believe is classy and probably means a lot to the freshmen.
    I called it for Chase Stevenson awhile back and think Kalle is in the mix as well. I enjoy an exhibition game as well. ATW will you be at the barbeque? Hubs and I plan on attending...was telling him this is the first team in a long time that we really haven't 'met' the players like in the past. Looking forward to that. Also in meeting the new AD. Wonder if the ice is up yet? Supposed to see what's been done...
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Ref, now that you mention it, I think you did. Obviously we never know until. Can’t make it to the BBQ! Have a prior commitment, kids graduating from a program that I worked in before retirement. I like to support the staff and an audience is good for the kids.
      would like to touch base with the new AD but that will have wait. Not sure it is a place for a deep conversation. Enjoy and I look forward to your report out.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
        Ref, now that you mention it, I think you did. Obviously we never know until. Can’t make it to the BBQ! Have a prior commitment, kids graduating from a program that I worked in before retirement. I like to support the staff and an audience is good for the kids.
        would like to touch base with the new AD but that will have wait. Not sure it is a place for a deep conversation. Enjoy and I look forward to your report out.
        Barbecue pretty well attended..good food good vibes. Most of the team was there (MS7 said some had gone home early) have been all summer taking courses and training. Talked to some players they have been skating at Philips Exeter since the Whitt is obviously not available. Did some introductions / had a panel of the team answering questions by Mike Murphy (who is always great).

Speaking of the Whitt they say it's on target for September. Not too much else was said about about it. If you have instagram you can see pics of them laying down the concrete over the guts of it. Coach was very upbeat about the team...there are 12 new skaters this season...4 transfers?

Met Dr.Rich felt she did a decent job describing her hopes for the team especially noting the storied history of the program. Lots of kudos to the coaching staff as one would expect. I liked her openness and think / hope she is able to grasp where we are at and want to go. We will see and I wish her tons of luck in her inaugural year. She seems 'all in'.

Anyway a shout out to the "usual suspects" (you know who you are!) who were there and it was also good to see some longstanding FOH people there. Not that they would not come they are so very dedicated / have been longstanding fans who will continue to support the team as they always have.

Not to rush Oct but....will be in attendance for the openers at Clarkson/ St. L. (Hopefully)

Let's go 'Cats!
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-28-2022, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Found out who one of the other AD finalists was this week and think they would have been better than the woman from Princeton.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Found out who one of the other AD finalists was this week and think they would have been better than the woman from Princeton.
            OK, so who was it, Drew?
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

OK, so who was it, Drew?
              Leaving us in suspense!
              GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

OK, so who was it, Drew?
                I’m not going to put their name out for obvious reasons. I will say I wonder if whoever was it charge of hiring the new AD felt pressure not to make a local hire given how much time was invested and the vaunted ‘nationwide search.’
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’m not going to put their name out for obvious reasons. I will say I wonder if whoever was it charge of hiring the new AD felt pressure not to make a local hire given how much time was invested and the vaunted ‘nationwide search.’
                  Seeing how there's not too much to talk about right now, I'll bite on this one. First, and I'll admit I don't know jack about typical hiring practices, if there was a highly qualified candidate with better creds than Dr. Rich I'd be surprised they'd be 'overlooked' due to their proximity to Durham (not out of the realm of possibility, sure?) as gems are found everyday in your own back yard. That said, Drew, since you put it out there, what makes this mystery candidate better qualified? Too bad wildcatdc can't / won't shed any light on this but I think he made his points.
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-29-2022, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• With nothing going on here in the dog days of the summer, and without the inspiration to write a silly parody story this time around (I'm pretty sure the only idea I've had lately would see me suspended within mere moments of posting a first chapter) I've found myself instead rediscovering some of the great music of my youth. And at the top of that category, I present this high quality bootleg I found floating around on YouTube recently ... the incomparable ELP playing live in late 1973 at the old Boston Garden (not exactly renowned for its acoustic qualities) at the apex of their powers on the Brain Salad Surgery tour. They just don't make 'em like this anymore ... anyway, enjoy!!

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Thanks Mike really enjoyed these! I was impressed; have always liked Tyler's game of course but was most impressed with Carfagna. Looking forward to the next bunch; there's 7 of them, right? (Freshman) If Snively were here he'd prob be doing a 'contest' on the lines of:

With Tyler Muszelik being a 'true freshman' who was the last 'true freshman' UNH had? Happy August gang; not long now!
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 08-04-2022, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Since UNH made a big splash in early recruiting[sarcasm] I have a question. Jack Sadowski of Arlington high is a highly regarded recruit is his father John?. Souza played with him for 4 years so if he can't get this kid were in trouble. UNH has no pipelines at all anymore and that's not good. Let me know thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          With Tyler Muszelik being a 'true freshman' who was the last 'true freshman' UNH had?
                          Carson Richels.
                          then Jackson Pierson
                          then Benton Maass

I have a question. Jack Sadowski of Arlington high is a highly regarded recruit is his father John?. Souza played with him for 4 years
                          Jack Sadowski, son of Souza's line mate is still uncommitted.

Originally posted by Robert Balin View Post
                          if he can't get this kid were in trouble.
                          Well, we've been in trouble the past seven years, so .........
                          It's best not to have expectations or even hopes anymore. Ellis Rickwood, the BCHL MVP, is going to Clarkson even though his sister just graduated from UNH. Scott Morrow, unanimous Hockey East all rookie, is the son of and nephew of two of Glenn Stewart's teammates. Jackson Pierson's brother Cooper is going to Denver. Trey Taylor, 3rd team USHL all star is going to Clarkson even though (or perhaps because) his brother went to UNH. (I'm not even counting Wood, a top Canadian kid going to U.Conn, even though his dad was a former UNH women's head coach - that one's on Marty).

I think we're past the point of thinking UNH is anyone's first, second, third or fourth option. We'll see if BC, Northeastern, U.Mass or Providence have enough spots for Sadowski, if not, maybe he'll choose UNH. Speaking of, NU got early commitments from 2 players, including NH native Joe Connor.
                          BU secured 4 kids, including perhaps the top player and is a candidate for the other top player in the class, Cole Eiserman (brother of Shane Eiserman, who Souza coached)

That said, on to next year and a new batch of kids, including NH native Cy Leclerc, a kid who did follow his UNH ties.

So.Devlin----------Sr.Stevenson--------So.Cronin
                          So.Margel----------Fr.Sardarian---------Fr.Skrastins
                          Fr.Leclerc---------Sr.Blaisdell------------Jr.Cafarelli
                          Fr.Winters---------Fr.Dunlap-------------Jr.Gendron
                          So.Sweeney--------Gr.Black-----------So.Lovett
                          Sr.Hankinson

So.Gagne----------------Jr.Reid
                          Fr.Carfagna--------------So.Huard
                          Sr.Eriksson -------------Jr.Jenson
                          So.DeVita---------------So.Babbage
                          Fr.Penney
                          Last edited by NCAA watcher; 08-07-2022, 09:35 AM.
                          The Souza record:
                          15-16 10th place
                          16-17 10th place
                          17-18 11th place
                          18-19 8th place
                          19-20 9th place
                          20-21 10th place
                          21-22 9th place
                          22-23 10th place

Comment

• NHL draft selection Tyler Muszelik anxious to earn starting spot with UNH men's hockey team:

https://www.seacoastonline.com/story...s/10260211002/
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Dunlap is the more interesting NH prospect IMO, but the news on Conner (NU) and Eiserman (BU?) is both unsurprising and disappointing. UNH acting exactly as expected in the early days of post-Sept 1 recruiting. I hope the new AD knows to pay attention to this time on the calendar...
                              Last edited by Dan; 08-07-2022, 12:27 PM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                              X