Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men's Hockey 2022 Off Season Thread- Goodbye Lake Whitt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    The number 3 issue, right after needing a couple of real pure goal scorers and a very good goalie is the fact that HE is far more equal than in our “favorite, big 4 past”. You can’t just hold steady, you need to always upgrade. I feel that we have done it with the last years class and the incoming could be solid also. We now appear to have had 2 years of good defensive recruitment and 2 descent years of forward recruitment. Perhaps still lacking the big goal scorers but I think we have a great core to build around plus the potential for a really solid goalie.
    There has to be a great goal scorer ( or 2) in our near future. Dan has a great suggestion but we probably don’t have any scholarships available as eluded to in my comment above.
    From what I hear Tyler Muszelick is the real deal. Not saying he's going to be a Jeremy Swayman right out of the gate but I'm excited to see him arrive and think David Fessenden is no slouch either? Yup TM is going to need time for NCAA dev but I think...we are fortunate to have him!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Have you been watching the Under 18 Tournament in Germany? Tyler is getting every other game. Not a stay at home guy, loves to go get the puck behind the goal, we will see how that plays out. That aside, he appears to be an upgrade and should be solid going forward. Imagine they will start the year alternating. We will see! The US team appears to be the cream of the crop in this tournament. Great depth in scoring from all and very solid defense.
      NHL nEtwork with medal games starting tomorrow.

Comment

The number 3 issue, right after needing a couple of real pure goal scorers and a very good goalie is the fact that HE is far more equal than in our “favorite, big 4 past”. You can’t just hold steady, you need to always upgrade. I feel that we have done it with the last years class and the incoming could be solid also. We now appear to have had 2 years of good defensive recruitment and 2 descent years of forward recruitment. Perhaps still lacking the big goal scorers but I think we have a great core to build around plus the potential for a really solid goalie.
        There has to be a great goal scorer ( or 2) in our near future. Dan has a great suggestion but we probably don’t have any scholarships available as eluded to in my comment above.
        UNH needs to get that elite recruit that has eluded them for many years. IT would be nice if the Eiserman kid would follow his brother Shane's path and pick UNH but i wouldn't hold my breath..lol.

Comment

I like the way you think here, ATW. This is where my head is as well. That stated, all this goodwill and $1.75 gets us a small coffee at Dunkin’s if it doesn’t translate into goals and wins.

but you and I are of like mind right now.
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Speaking of Swayman, I’m guessing I’m not the only person who expects both TB and the Bruins to tank it tonight. I don’t think either of us wants Toronto in the first round and would much rather have the Canes. Fortunately, we carry a one-point advantage (disadvantage??) into the game.

To be clear, I’m not a fan of tanking, but in this instance, it might make sense. That and I’ll potentially get to make fun of my Carolina buddies if we win.

Comment

Have you been watching the Under 18 Tournament in Germany? Tyler is getting every other game. Not a stay at home guy, loves to go get the puck behind the goal, we will see how that plays out. That aside, he appears to be an upgrade and should be solid going forward. Imagine they will start the year alternating. We will see! The US team appears to be the cream of the crop in this tournament. Great depth in scoring from all and very solid defense.
              NHL nEtwork with medal games starting tomorrow.
              Wish I could I understand watch but I do not get the NHL network harrumph. But I have seen him play in other games. Think of the coaching alone he has received while being in this program. Hopefully it translates early on!!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• I so get it! We currently can’t get NESN because our provider has been fighting with them since Christmas. No Bruins! or RS.
                And we are currently paying more for that service than my first mortgage payment. All part of this crazy new world.

Comment

• ATW and Ref, you’re just listing good reasons to go to the bar to watch it! :-)

well, Bruins did their part. Bring on the Pesce and the ‘Canes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Balin View Post
                    UNH needs to get that elite recruit that has avoided them for many years. IT would be nice if the Eiserman kid would follow his brother Shane's path and pick UNH but i wouldn't hold my breath..lol.
                    Fixed your post
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Balin View Post
                      UNH needs to get that elite recruit that has eluded them for many years. IT would be nice if the Eiserman kid would follow his brother Shane's path and pick UNH but i wouldn't hold my breath..lol.
                      If the current regime wanted to win over the disenchanted - adding Eiserman and Sadowski would be a great place start. But I’d put those chances low for reasons I won’t even get into, but relate just as much internally strategies as any external factors...

TM is a good goalie, but let’s not get carried away - he’s a true freshman and more than any other position goalie is entirely dependent on the rest of the team...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        If the current regime wanted to win over the disenchanted - adding Eiserman and Sadowski would be a great place start. But I’d put those chances low for reasons I won’t even get into, but relate just as much internally strategies as any external factors....
                        Ironic to think that the fact that they will commit August 1 this year rather than next year will hurt our chances, because this year the coach will still be (checks notes) Sadowski's dad's linemate and Eiserman's brother's coach. Groan.

The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

• Wildcatdc, all is well, all the Bruin games will be on networks that my expensive “internet has me paying for. All is well, especially if they can go a couple of series deep in these playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                            Ironic to think that the fact that they will commit August 1 this year rather than next year will hurt our chances, because this year the coach will still be (checks notes) Sadowski's dad's linemate and Eiserman's brother's coach. Groan.
                            Telling, isn't it? How "unlucky" for UNH.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Blashill is on the market!
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

• We have no AD to do any hiring, and no hockey opening needing hiring, so....

Get back to me on March 8th next year after UNH loses the 7/10 play in game.

The Souza record:
                                15-16 10th place
                                16-17 10th place
                                17-18 11th place
                                18-19 8th place
                                19-20 9th place
                                20-21 10th place
                                21-22 9th place
                                22-23 10th place

Comment

Working...
                                X