Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Men's Hockey 2022 Off Season Thread- Goodbye Lake Whitt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy the game! Should be fun. And pist, cheer for whom ever you like.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
      Enjoy the game! Should be fun. And pist, cheer for whom ever you like.
      Obviously not the result was hoping for but still thrilled to see Benton get a shot at the show. Lots of UNH fans to chat with too which is always enjoyable! Tampa for sure next year I believe I've caught the FF flu!!!

Hats off to the Pios and their fans!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Yeah I get it. Last nite while waiting for the train (I had left at the start of the 3rd to avoid all the crowds ) this 30 something sees me in my UNH garb and asks me "what the hell has happened to the Wildcats as he went to UNH etc..I said "we dont have the time to discuss lol"....Anyway..guess I'm just living vicariously through other teams successes...sighhhhhh
        National Championship Game

No show in third period

5-1 final score

Yes, you were definitely living vicariously as a UNH fan....
        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

No show in third period

5-1 final score

Man, was I flashing to Buffalo 2003.

I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
            Man, was I flashing to Buffalo 2003.
            Me too. Unfortunately, we've seen this (horror) movie before.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

No show in third period

5-1 final score

Right?!? Of course I didn't have the emotional experience that you fans had. Worse part of the night? Sitting in the 300's at the TD...never again. Ha!

Ps...just watched the highlights of that UNH v Minnesota game...oh, my the heartbreak. But thinking this one was much worse?
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-10-2022, 03:04 PM.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Right?!? Of course I didn't have the emotional experience that you fans had. Worse part of the night? Sitting in the 300's at the TD...never again. Ha!

Ps...just watched the highlights of that UNH v Minnesota game...oh, my the heartbreak. But thinking this one was much worse?
                {{opens 23-year old wound}} Hitting that goal post was brutal....just another inch and Durham would have worn the Titletown crown.

Very doubtful that we will ever see another UNH team like that in our lifetime.
                UNH

Comment

• Version 6. Update for transfer defenseman from Ferris
                  So.Will Margel (18-1-3-4)--------transfer-----------------------------So.Robert Cronin (30-7-5-12)
                  So.Liam Devlin-(34-9-7-16)-----Sr.Harrison Blaisdell-(25-2-6-8)-----Fr.Stiven Sardarian-(NA)
                  Fr.Cy Leclerc-(NA)----------------Sr.Chase Stevenson-(33-4-1-5)-----Jr.Nick Cafarelli (15-3-4-7)
                  Fr.Jake Dunlap-(NA)--------------Fr.Morgan Winters-(NA)-------------Fr.Kristap Skrastins (NA)
                  Fr.[Turner??]]/transfer------------Jr.Cam Gendron-(19-1-1-2)--------So.Conor Lovett
                  So.Connor Sweeney-(22-0-0-0)--Sr.Joe Hankinson (1-0-0-0)-------Fr./Transfer

Sr.Kalle Eriksson-(32-0-12-12)----So.Colton Huard (28-6-10-16)
                  So.Alex Gagne-(33-1-7-8)---------Jr.Luke Reid (34-3-5-8)
                  Fr.Damien Carfagna (NA)----------Jr.Nikolai Jenson-(30-1-5-6)
                  Fr.Brendan Fitzgerald-(NA)--------So.Nico DeVita (29-1-2-3)
                  [Fr.Cade Penney (NA)]

Fr.Tyler Muszelik----------Sr.David Fessenden------------Jr.Jeremy Forman

Last edited by NCAA watcher; 04-10-2022, 05:36 PM.
                  The Souza record:
                  15-16 10th place
                  16-17 10th place
                  17-18 11th place
                  18-19 8th place
                  19-20 9th place
                  20-21 10th place
                  21-22 9th place
                  22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

{{opens 23-year old wound}} Hitting that goal post was brutal....just another inch and Durham would have worn the Titletown crown.

Sorry about that Scott....OT always sucks when you lose and can only imagine how that must've felt in the big one. Yes, what a team they were....that top line, just sayin'.
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-10-2022, 05:46 PM.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                      Version 6. Update for transfer defenseman from Ferris
                      So.Will Margel (18-1-3-4)--------transfer-----------------------------So.Robert Cronin (30-7-5-12)
                      So.Liam Devlin-(34-9-7-16)-----Sr.Harrison Blaisdell-(25-2-6-8)-----Fr.Stiven Sardarian-(NA)
                      Fr.Cy Leclerc-(NA)----------------Sr.Chase Stevenson-(33-4-1-5)-----Jr.Nick Cafarelli (15-3-4-7)
                      Fr.Jake Dunlap-(NA)--------------Fr.Morgan Winters-(NA)-------------Fr.Kristap Skrastins (NA)
                      Fr.[Turner??]]/transfer------------Jr.Cam Gendron-(19-1-1-2)--------So.Conor Lovett
                      So.Connor Sweeney-(22-0-0-0)--Sr.Joe Hankinson (1-0-0-0)-------Fr./Transfer

Sr.Kalle Eriksson-(32-0-12-12)----So.Colton Huard (28-6-10-16)
                      So.Alex Gagne-(33-1-7-8)---------Jr.Luke Reid (34-3-5-8)
                      Fr.Damien Carfagna (NA)----------Jr.Nikolai Jenson-(30-1-5-6)
                      Fr.Brendan Fitzgerald-(NA)--------So.Nico DeVita (29-1-2-3)
                      [Fr.Cade Penney (NA)]

Fr.Tyler Muszelik----------Sr.David Fessenden------------Jr.Jeremy Forman
                      Wow, even when they're working the portal, there's still a premium placed on being paisan ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post

Of the four FF losses during the Umile Era, I always thought that one was the only one where they didn't yak it up in the end. Sure, Conklin's lack of rebound control was an issue, but momentary lapses like that cost all kinds of teams in high pressure situations like that. It's not even close to comparable to the BU goalie who virtually threw the puck into his own net vs. PC.

The '98 no-show to Michigan seems to have gone under the radar in recent years, but that was a hint of what was to follow in the '02 semis collapse to UMaine in St. Paul, and then of course the '03 Finals collapse in the 3rd period that's flashing several of us back after last night's Finals outcome. The '99 team ended up without major hardware (other than the RS title) because of slow starts in the HE Finals (1-4) and in the FF Finals (0-2, almost 0-3), but they deserve credit for not folding up, forcing both of those games to OT before fate got them. At least for me, the '99 thing hurts least. JMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Wow, even when they're working the portal, there's still a premium placed on being paisan ...
                          Lol MS7 made him an offer he couldn't refuse? Ha!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

No show in third period

5-1 final score

Hmmmm.. . Excellent point, it never occurred to me until reading this that the Mankato 3rd period was very Wildcat-like.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              Hmmmm.. . Excellent point, it never occurred to me until reading this that the Mankato 3rd period was very Wildcat-like.
                              The ultimate indignity, what used to be top grade "stir-the-pot" stuff, forgotten due to irrelevance.

TBF it's been close to a decade since UNH played in anything remotely approaching an important game, and the guy with the tight collar has long since retired, so I guess we're all a little out of practice on the give-and-take of the old roles. Hard to call a MBPBEGAM "playoff" game a gak-worthy game when even winning it (as rare as that has been) means you've still gotta win three (3) more games against increasingly better opponents before you accomplish anything of note.

I can only hope that at some point, we can all look back at the MS7 Era and rework the old saying:

"It's better to have gakked and lost, than to never have gakked at all."

Comment

• Senior Ryan Black from Babson out of the portal heading to UNH as per Mike McMahon..
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X